Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 20 Antworten
und wurde 1.277 mal aufgerufen
 Scottish Gaelic - Gàidhlig
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

31.08.2011 01:37
Scottishgaelic test game - screenshots Zitat · Antworten

Today we can show you the first screenshot of a Scottishgaelic game played in Scrabble3D!

Phantastic! Really great!

IMHO this is an excellent effort to do something for small languages!

There is no Scrabble board game, but now Scotch people can use Scrabble3D and play Scrabble anyway! That's phantastic!

Thx a lot!

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Angefügte Bilder:
Scottishgaelic game.jpg  
Bussinchen Offline

31.08.2011 01:58
#2 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

I logged in to the game server in order to check up the Scotch flag in the tooltip. Scottishgaelic.lang and scottishgaelic.dic were loaded.

Unfortunately I see, that it is the flag of Grenada, because of the code GD, which in fact is the code for Grendada.

Scrabble3D is using the flags from here: Flag Icons: http://www.famfamfam.com --> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/flags/

The Scoth flag is this one: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Flag_of_Scotland.svg, and indeed it is in the famfamfam flag set.

But which code must we use?

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

akerbeltzalba Offline

31.08.2011 02:06
#3 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

ISO says specifically that Scotland has no ISO 3661 code :/

http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/iso...qs_specific.htm

Bussinchen Offline

31.08.2011 02:32
#4 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Discrimination!

But I'm sure Scotty knows how to do. If he has implemented the Catalan flag, why shouldn't he be able to integrate the Scotch flag, too?

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

31.08.2011 02:38
#5 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

http://gd.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A0idhlig

In wikipedia we can read that the code of Gàidhlig is gd. This is exactly the code that was used in the lang-file.

Yes, there are differences in those codes.

I OpenSource!

jmontane Offline

31.08.2011 09:57
#6 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
Yes, there are differences in those codes.

Yes it is. There is the ISO 3166 code [1] to designate countries, and there is also the ISO 639 code [2] to designate languages. As Catalan user ( ca language code), I founded some programs or webs using Canada flag (ca country code) to designate Catalan language, :)

Using flags to identify languages is very extendend behaviour, but ussually there are some little problems. Because flag are used also to identify countries. So, languages without a ISO country associated (Catalan, Scottish Gaelic, Esperanto, Latin,...) or languages spoken in 2 or more countries (what flag must be used to identify English? United Kigdom or USA flag?).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-1

Scotty Offline

Administrator

31.08.2011 10:22
#7 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Flags come from famfamfam with at least Catalan and Scottish as specials.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

jmontane Offline

31.08.2011 12:58
#8 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Yeas, if you take in account special cases, as Catalan or Scottish, it's fine. I like the Catalan flag, :D

In the future, may be you can study another language indication system [1]

[1] http://imagexmedia.com/support/faqs/gene...e-displayed-web

Regards

Scotty Offline

Administrator

31.08.2011 14:04
#9 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for the link. Basically flags weren't meant to define languages but origin. Players connected to the gameserver get their origin id from an IP locator's country code which should be ISO 3166. And, last but not least, I don't want to create flags myself ;-)

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

akerbeltzalba Offline

31.08.2011 14:15
#10 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

I though Bussinchen said there are two flags really, the tshirt flag which is taken from your IP number and the flag which is derived from the language setting of your .dic? Or is that the other way round.

Which would give a Gaelic player a GB tshirt and a Scottish flag. It would work for me.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

31.08.2011 15:08
#11 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

They are different but both access same resource. Country code of Scotland is likely not "scotland" but GB so you get Union Jack and Saint Andrew's cross. Catalans will be identified by "La Bandera de España" and get a Senyera for menu lang.

Why does Germany not have such a nice name for the flag?

Bussinchen Offline

31.08.2011 17:24
#12 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Yes, the player's avatar has a T-shirt flag which indicates the country where the player comes from. As my IP number is Swedish, my Bussinchen avatar will always have a Swedish T-shirt, unless I hack my ini file.

The language flag depends on which *.lang file you have loaded. So when I have loaded the german.lang, I'll have a German language flag, next time I have loaded italian.lang, and I'll have the Italian flag as language flag. But this does not depend on the IP number, but on the language ID code in the *.lang file.

So for me it is correct, if Joan's avatar will have a Spanish flag T-shirt and if there is the catalan flag Senyera as language flag, when he has loaded his catalan.lang.

We love our flags! It's so nice to see our international Scrabble3D community on the server! Really beautiful!

I OpenSource!

jmontane Offline

31.08.2011 17:31
#13 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
As my IP number is Swedish, my Bussinchen avatar will always have a Swedish T-shirt, unless I hack my ini file.

Can you provide more info about this hacking feature? I think some Catalan players don't like Spanish T-shirt, so if customization is alreay implemented, I can teach them,

Bussinchen Offline

31.08.2011 18:01
#14 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von jmontane
Can you provide more info about this hacking feature? I think some Catalan players don't like Spanish T-shirt, so if customization is alreay implemented, I can teach them,

Puuuh! Please!!!!!!! No politics on our peaceful Scrabble3D game server, pleeeeeeaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a fact that Catalunya is a part of the state of Spain, unless Catalans make war against Spain and start a separate republic/kingdom of Catalunya. If Catalan Scrabble3D players have an internet provider located on the territory of España, they will have a Spanish IP number! That's a fact!

Customization is not implemented. It is not a customization. It would be hacking.

Please make love, not war!
Please play Scrabble, don't make war!
Please play Scrabble3D, don't make politics of our Scrabble3D avatars!
Please don't politicize the beautiful colourful T-shirts of our international game server avatars!

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

31.08.2011 19:12
#15 RE: Scottishgaelic test game - wrong flag Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von jmontane
Can you provide more info about this hacking feature?

It's not a 'feature'. If either NetworkCity or NetworkCountry within Scrabble3D.ini are empty the program looks for that data at ip-locator.com. You can change the entries manually from NetworkCountry=ES to NetworkCountry=catalonia to get a different origin.

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz