Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 16 Antworten
und wurde 1.272 mal aufgerufen
 Romanian
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

07.09.2011 09:27
romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

In this thread we'll discuss questions about our future menu language file romanian.lang.

Welcome!

Yours sincerely,
Bussinchen

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

playez Offline

08.09.2011 07:22
#2 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

I will begin to translate english.lang and i hope to finish this in a week from now.

akerbeltzalba Offline

08.09.2011 09:36
#3 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Bussinchen, perhaps it might make sense to make the new (but not yet implemented) english.lang available to playez so he can produce a better translation? It will save him time if he doesn't have to proofread it too much afterwards.

Bussinchen Offline

08.09.2011 11:33
#4 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Yes, dear akerbeltzalba, I will send an email to him.
Since I am Admin of this forum, I know his private email address.

@playez: Wait a moment! I will send an email to you with more explanations about the *.lang files.

It would even be a great advantage if you had Skype, so that we could talk together. You will find me on Skype be my Skype user name martinaillingostlund. I'm living in Sweden, that's correct.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Scotty Offline

Administrator

08.09.2011 13:58
#5 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

If translation is based on v24 english.lang it doesn't fits well for v23. Both langs are created by the program itself, depending on which release one starts (and can be found in the Announce section). No need to send files around.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

08.09.2011 14:12
#6 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
If translation is based on v24 english.lang it doesn't fit well for v23. Both langs are created by the program itself, depending on which release one starts (and can be found in the Announce section). No need to send files around.

That's the point. And we have talked about default.lang vs. english.lang (see default.lang, in German)

akerbeltzalba's english.lang is much better than the english.lang generated by the program itself. We want to convert the english.lang generated by the program itself into default.lang, and want to have english.lang as a new, separate file to be downloaded as any other language file. I think it would be better if new lang-files like romanian.lang were based both on akerbeltzalba's corrected english.lang and Scotty's own default.lang.

Please, dear playez, wait a moment and let's talk on Skype. I want to explain all these things to you. Just now we are in an extremely busy phase where so many different things are happening simultaneously: Ongoing/upcoming big update of Scrabble3D.exe with fundmental changings in the source code, implementation of many new languages, elimination of detected bugs in the test version, and so on.

I OpenSource!

playez Offline

08.09.2011 14:38
#7 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

I can't use skype at my work. Let's wait until the v24 release and then i will translate the new generated .lang file. No need to hurry. I'm not shure that i will manage to translate the files until 10 sep to be included in new release.

Bussinchen Offline

08.09.2011 14:51
#8 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

No no, you need not to hurry! Quite the contrary! It would be much better to advance slowly in order to get a good result.

Haven't you got Skype at home on your private Computer? I have found somebody called playez on Skype...

I would like to give you all my support!

I OpenSource!

playez Offline

14.09.2011 07:03
#9 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Hello. I see that v24 is postponed. Any idea when that version will come, too see if worth to wait v24 for translation or translate v23.

Bussinchen Offline

14.09.2011 08:08
#10 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

I'll answer more in details tonight, dear playez. (Just now I have to go to work...)

As we have found some bugs in the test versions v23h and v23i (= future Patch 24), Scotty must fix them first.
I don't know how long time those bugfixes will take. It depends...

As I said before, concerning your translation I'll answer in the evening.

Bye

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

14.09.2011 10:12
#11 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Dear, playez, due to a little changing in my time table at work, I can give you my answer already...

I'll write down several details now that I otherwise would have preferred to tell to you orally on Skype.

Before you joined us in this forum - which we really appreciate! - I wanted to improve the English file english.lang, because I saw that the German file german.lang, due to the fact that German is Scotty's mother tongue, was much better than the english.lang that is generated automatically as default language when the program has been installed and started for the first time. In fact, english.lang is what Scotty has written in his source code, and this means that the expressions used in the source code must be very short and may not contain any line breaks in hints (tooltips) for example.

I had found that if localization translators do not know very well every feature, every detail, every small finesse of the program nor the official Scrabble rules, sometimes it is difficult to understand exactly the meaning of Scotty's short English phrases, and, due to misunderstandings, translations in other languages had turned out to be wrong. That's why my aim was to create a better english.lang more like german.lang (and all our existing *.lang files: french.lang, italian.lang, spanish.lang and swedish.lang) which should be the base for any further localization in new languages.

I had already started my work and I wanted to finish that work at the end of my summer holidays already, but unfortunately my work had been delayed and has not been finished yet, which I regret so much. In the meantime akerbeltzalba joined us, because he wanted to translate Scrabble3D in Scottish-Gaelic and create a scottishgaelic.dic. akerbeltzalba has been living in the United Kingdom for over 10 years, and he talks English fluently like a native speaker. After having talked with him on Skype, he decided to help me to improve the expressions in Scotty's source code generated english.lang. In fact we have another english.lang now, which is akerbeltzalba's version, but which has not been published yet for certain reasons. It would be too much job for Scotty to copy and paste all akerbeltzalba's phrases into his source code, when he on the other hand, being the one and only developer of Scrabble3D, has to fix bugs and wants to program new features. That's why we had decided to change the english.lang system. The source code generated english.lang should be called default.lang in the future, and the english.lang with perfect mother tongue alike English expressions should be downloaded as any other *.lang file (see default.lang).

My aim is now to compare my own english.lang, french-, italian-, spanish- and swedish.lang with akerbeltzalba's english.lang and Scotty's german.lang, in order to get more or less identical phrases in each language file.

In the meantime Scotty has been working and is still working hard on his upcoming update version Patch 24. In Patch 24, Scotty has implemented many new features, among them the superb Challenge mode (i.e. players can challenge moves as in tournaments with the real board games). The Challenge mode needed many changes to be done in the source code, so Scotty had to rewrite a large part of his source code. That's why there might be new bugs in the program now, where no bugs have been found in Patch 23 so far. And Scotty's source code changings added new phrases in the source code generated english.lang for the test versions of upcoming Patch 24. But of course not everything has been changed in the source code generated english.lang. Large parts remain unchanged and are still the same phrases as in the Patch 23 source code generated english.lang.

So, dear playez, you see what is our *.lang file "problem" just now. Of course, if you have time and are in the mood for creating your Romanian localization, you can already start working on romanian.lang, based on the Patch 23 generated english.lang or on the test version v23h or v23i (2011-09-11) source code generated english.lang. But this means that later on you will be forced to compare your romanian.lang with akerbeltzalba's new upcoming english.lang and Scotty's English default.lang in order to update your romanian.lang. Maybe you will need to rewrite several parts of your romanian.lang due to changings concerning the English phrases. But I really want to give you all support you may need, because I want all future localizations to be of really excellent quality, containing phrases and expressions that are more or less identical with the phrases and expressions of Scotty's future Patch 24 german.lang.

So let's stay in contact, please!

I OpenSource!

playez Offline

14.09.2011 10:56
#12 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Thank you! I will start to work at english.lang generated by 11.09.2011 test version. I belive that i have enough IT and editing text skills to adapt easy to new changes and variants, so don't worry too much. I can't wait to share this project with my romanian friends after translation will be done. :)

Bussinchen Offline

14.09.2011 11:03
#13 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

I understand you so well!

So go on, and let's stay in contact!

Tonight, when I will be at my home computer again, I'll send to you by email akerbeltzalba's version of the english.file.
So you can compare it to the other english.lang, too. It is easy to open and to compare different language files in Notepad++ for example.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

14.09.2011 11:24
#14 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

... and remember to check always Scotty's announcements on Translators, too.

If you have questions concerning localiziation, feel free to post them here:

Localization: translation of *.lang files

I OpenSource!

playez Offline

22.12.2011 10:16
#15 RE: romanian.lang Zitat · Antworten

Hello!

Merry Chistmas for scrabble addicts and their families!

Plese excuse my pause in translation working. I am somewhere at half of the road in translating.
I changed my laptop from Win to Ubuntu 2 months ago, and this is the main reason i stop other working.
I'm finally happy with my daily workflow in linux, and in this free time of christmas i hope to finalize romanian translation.

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz