Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 22 Antworten
und wurde 2.799 mal aufgerufen
 Slovakian
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

14.01.2012 01:36
Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

In this thread we can discuss questions about the Slovakian dic file.

Welcome!

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

14.01.2012 02:13
#2 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Dear jose1711,

thanks a lot for giving us both a Slovakian dic file and the Slovakian translation of the lang file, i.e. a new Slovakian menu (interface) language.

This is really great, and we appreciate your Open Source contribution very very much!

-----------------

But now let's talk about our brand new slovak.dic!

On the Slovakian Scrabble Site http://www.hramescrabble.sk/ I have found the lists with all the valid Slovakian two and three letter words.
cf.
Valid two and three letter words
Valid two and three letter words

When I looked on the Slovakian dic, I saw that unfortunately most of those very important words are not listed in the dic yet.

In order to improve our slovak.dic I recommend strongly to add those words to the list, because if those words are lacking in the dic, it will be extremely difficult in Scrabble3D to play a normal Scrabble game against the computer!

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

14.01.2012 02:50
#3 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

One more question:

Wouldn't it be better to call the Slovakian dictionary slovencina.dic?

This would follow our policy which says that we always call our Scrabble3D dic files according to the following pattern:

language in the corresponding national language, dot, file extension dic

Exception: Languages where other writing systems than latin letters are used. In this case we use the following pattern:

language in english, dot, file extension dic

Example: persian.dic

So for me it seems to be more logical if the name of the Slovakian dictionary were slovencina.dic.

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.01.2012 02:57
#4 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen
Wouldn't it be better to call the Slovakian dictionary slovencina.dic?...

There’s no use crying over spilt milk. Perhaps we should label all further dic's in English.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

jose1711 Offline

14.01.2012 10:39
#5 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

TBH, i do not really care if it's slovencina.dic or slovak.dic. so feel free to call it either of these names as to me both make sense. jose

Bussinchen Offline

14.01.2012 11:37
#6 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Anyway:

It is a little bit confusing to have two languages, whose names are nearly identical:

Slovenčina (Slovakian) and Slovenščina (Slovenian)

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

16.01.2012 09:35
#7 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Dear jose1711,

I/we would like to know a little bit more about our new slovak.dic:

The slovak.dic, is it identical with the official list of words valid in official Slovakian tournaments?

As far as I can see on http://www.hramescrabble.sk/ --> Povolené slová, the official dictionaries and grammar used for Slovakian Scrabble tournaments are:

- Pravidlá slovenského pravopisu - PSP (časť Pravopisný a gramatický slovník a časť Názvy obcí na Slovensku),
- Krátky slovník slovenského jazyka - KSSJ, vytlačené tučným písmom,
- Slovník súčasného slovenského jazyka - SSSJ, diely A-G, H-L

Could you please tell us
- if Scrabble3D's slovak.dic is based on those dictionaries, too, and
- if Scrabble3D's slovak.dic contains also all valid inflected forms?

It would be nice to know all these things and to have them documented here. Thank you!

I OpenSource!

jose1711 Offline

16.01.2012 09:54
#8 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

hi bussinchen,

slovak.dic is mostly based on slovak ispell. furthermore 2-5letter words were have been added from hramescrabble.sk, words from past tournaments as well as verbs (and their negative form). as for the inflections - ispell should contain all inflected words but unfortunately it is often not true, luckily there is a 'poll' feature in scrabble3d - hopefully it will be able to "learn" new words some day.

i have requested a list of all valid words (approved sources) from people working at institute of linguistics but so far no response. also what is currently missing are the names of villages/towns located in slovakia - but i guess that should not be a problem to get them from openstreetmap. however i will need to find out if there is a way how to generate inflections for those.

if you have an example of a word(s) that is mentioned at hramescrabble.sk but is missing in the dictionary, please let me know so i can check it.

thank you,

jose

Bussinchen Offline

16.01.2012 10:13
#9 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

What you tell us is very interesting indeed, because we also are working like this when we create Scrabble3D dic-files!

From the beginning, did you get your Slovakian ispell list from here
--> http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-dictionaries.html
or from here
--> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki..._.28Slovakia.29

Zitat von jose1711
also what is currently missing are the names of villages/towns located in slovakia - but i guess that should not be a problem to get them from openstreetmap. however i will need to find out if there is a way how to generate inflections for those.

This is a strange rule : In no other language I have checked, proper names are allowed in Scrabble.
Are you sure that names of villages and towns are valid words according to the official tournament rules in Slovakia?
Or is it written in the folder which is in the box when you buy the board game?

I'll try to check it up, too, but it is not that easy for me, because I don't understand Slovakian... :-(

I OpenSource!

jose1711 Offline

16.01.2012 11:38
#10 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

i downloaded ispell from here: http://sk-spell.sk.cx/ispell-sk

as strange as it sounds, look at the following paragraph underneath "povolene slova" (permitted words):

Povolené sú slová uvedené v týchto zdrojoch:
- Pravidlá slovenského pravopisu - PSP (časť Pravopisný a gramatický slovník a časť Názvy obcí na Slovensku)

Nazvy obci na Slovensku translates as Slovak village names

linhart Offline

17.01.2012 07:43
#11 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Hi jose1711,

I tried to compare your slovak.dic with the words on http://www.hramescrabble.sk/ up to 5 letters, and I found the following differences:

Words in slovak.dic not in hramescrabble.sk: NEIĎ, SÚĽA, NEIDE, NEIDÚ, NEPOĎ, PÔJDI, VDRÚC

Words in hramescrabble.sk not in slovak.dic: LOBU

Im not sure if my program for comparing lists worked correctly, since there were some difficulties with slovakian accents. So please check these differences.

jose1711 Offline

17.01.2012 09:57
#12 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

thank you, future version will include fixes to these words. speaking of updates - is there a chance to ease the upload for both you+scotty and dictionary maintainers? maybe setting up a host with sftp access where maintainers can commit updated dictionaries?

linhart Offline

17.01.2012 13:52
#13 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

I think we should address your question to Scotty.

Bussinchen Offline

17.01.2012 17:06
#14 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von jose1711
speaking of updates - is there a chance to ease the upload for both you+scotty and dictionary maintainers? maybe setting up a host with sftp access where maintainers can commit updated dictionaries?

At first glance, that seems to be a good idea, but is it really as good as it sounds?

The reason is that the autoupdater of the program will not work at all if the headers of the dic and lang files are not correct and if the file version.ini is not updated correctly as well. version.ini tells the program that downloads of new versions of dic, lang or exe-files are available.

Imagine a case like this: If several people uploaded several updated *.dic files and/or *.lang files at the same moment for example, each one changing on his part and at the same time the file version.ini, without knowing what the other maintainers are doing, there would be a great risk that the file version.ini would not be correct. Therefore I think it is better if Scotty controls the update procedure himself.

I OpenSource!

jose1711 Offline

17.01.2012 17:13
#15 RE: Slovakian dictionary Zitat · Antworten

the idea would be to have just one maintainer per language so that conflicts will be avoided. and regarding syntax and version bumping - i think a script could take care of that. but it's only an idea.. jose

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz