Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 18 Antworten
und wurde 1.670 mal aufgerufen
 More languages
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

08.08.2012 13:38
#16 RE: Chinese Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #15
Zitat von akerbeltzalba im Beitrag #14
Using Hiragana on the other hand, for a Japanese game...
I'm afraid Bussinchen would demand me to flip and to invert the board.

Of course, Scotty! i18n is a commitment. Klar doch, i18n verpflichtet.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

08.08.2012 13:48
#17 RE: Chinese Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von akerbeltzalba im Beitrag #14
Pinyin might work but most Chinese people are not good at Pinyin. Somehow I don't see that catching on but who knows.

My Chinese teacher Wei Hing Ip (her husband Rosenquist is Swedish) from the University of Dalarna said that young educated people who are using computers know Pinyin.

Of course, elder Chinese people living somewhere on the country side may not.

But, as I said before: Since the number of the homophone syllables is rather limitid, even if you take in consideration the tones (marked by accents in Pinyin), it might be a little bit boaring to play Scrabble in Pinyin...

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

akerbeltzalba Offline

09.08.2012 02:20
#18 RE: Chinese Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Why would she request that? Most text written in Japan is left-to-right these days.

Zitat
My Chinese teacher Wei Hing Ip (her husband Rosenquist is Swedish) from the University of Dalarna said that young educated people who are using computers know Pinyin.

Chinese people aren't really good at admitting they're not good at anything :b I wasn't talking about rice farmers in deepest Henan, even young and educated people's knowledge of Pinyin is mostly passive and certainly not great on the tone marks. They just see it as a crutch they don't need... Especially in Mandarin which has so many homophones that characters are really the only clear way of writing something.

It's a bit like asking how many people in Germany know OF shorthand. Most know OF it and have seen it but they can't use it.

Bussinchen Offline

09.08.2012 12:22
#19 RE: Chinese Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Maybe...

For more info about usage of Pinyin, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin#Usage

BTW: I have found an interesting Wikipedia article about Chinese input methods for computers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_inp...s_for_computers

I OpenSource!

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz