Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 25 Antworten
und wurde 4.850 mal aufgerufen
 English dictionaries
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

22.01.2013 23:27
#16 RE: english-phonetic.dic Zitat · Antworten

I'm sorry, but the decision if your english-phonetic.dic will be uploaded on Sourceforge.net or not and if the English phonetic letter set will be included in the pulldown menu for standard letter sets in Scrabble3D or not is Scotty's business, because he is the developer of that program.

I cannot dictate anything, I could only give advice or define my position which will not be any determining factor...

PS:
Many thanks for your appreciation, Steve.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

23.01.2013 11:45
#17 RE: english-phonetic.dic Zitat · Antworten

I support the idea of integration of the English phonetic letter set in the pulldown menu for standard letter sets in Scrabble3D and the upload of Steve's english-phonetic.dic on Sourceforge.net.

In what extent English Phonetics should be integrated in the Comfiguration Assistant is to be discussed.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Scotty Offline

Administrator

23.01.2013 17:55
#18 RE: english-phonetic.dic Zitat · Antworten

I have just uploaded the file to SF. The final header includes the CM licence as in your readme file (which is, by the way, not standard conform).

Zitat
Version=100001
Author=Steve Neuenhahn
StandardCategory=CMU Pronouncing Dictionary
Licence=Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University
Comment=This dictionary is based off of the CMU pronouncing dictionary that is available for use at http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cmudict . More information https://cmusphinx.svn.sourceforge.net/sv...EADME_FIRST.txt .
Key=

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

steve13542 Offline

24.01.2013 23:41
#19 RE: english-phonetic.dic Zitat · Antworten

Ah ok great! Finally, shouldn't a letter set be uploaded as well?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

25.01.2013 00:48
#20 RE: english-phonetic.dic Zitat · Antworten

The letter set is part of the configuration and either hard coded or manually inserted. And I'm actually not sure how to integrate those special sets as defaults.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

25.01.2013 01:57
#21 RE: Letter sets: English Phonetic IPA, Finnish Braille etc. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #20
I'm actually not sure how to integrate those special sets as defaults.

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

25.01.2013 09:56
#22 RE: Letter sets: English Phonetic IPA, Finnish Braille etc. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #21
idea
Looks like a subgroup of the upper. Probably a split list with separator between normal and strange sets in one control suits better. On the other hand, with subgroups one might solve the Superscrabble set issue...

kscanne Offline

05.06.2013 16:45
#23 RE: Letter sets: English Phonetic IPA, Finnish Braille etc. Zitat · Antworten

Hi Scotty and Bussinchen,

Is there any chance of getting the IPA letter set incorporated into a future version? My student Steve has moved on to other projects but I'd like to see his work made available in a way that's easy for linguists to download and use - I know there will be a great deal of interest in it!

Kevin

Bussinchen Offline

05.06.2013 16:59
#24 RE: Letter sets: English Phonetic IPA, Finnish Braille etc. Zitat · Antworten

Dear kscanne,

unfortuantely I cannot give you any answer, because this is Scotty's business.

As I said before, I really do support the idea of integration of the English phonetic letter set in the pulldown menu for standard letter sets in Scrabble3D.

Yours sincerely,
Bussinchen

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

05.06.2013 22:02
#25 RE: Letter sets: English Phonetic IPA, Finnish Braille etc. Zitat · Antworten

I don't want to bloat the options too much. If we add English IPA, why not other languages as well? On the other hand I understand the desire to provide a working set. And I will think about a solution.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

12.10.2013 12:45
#26 RE: Letter sets: English Phonetic IPA, Finnish Braille etc. Zitat · Antworten

It is possible now (release 3.0.2, build 2013-10-12) to add letter settings to the dictionary. After loading you will get asked to update values if configuration does not match.
It looks like this:

[Header]
Version=100001
Author=Steve Neuenhahn
StandardCategory=CMU Pronouncing Dictionary
Licence=Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University
Comment=This dictionary is based off of the CMU pronouncing dictionary that is available for use at http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cmudict . More information https://cmusphinx.svn.sourceforge.net/sv...EADME_FIRST.txt .
Key=
Letters=ɪ,ə,t,n,s,ɫ,r,d,k,i,z,ɝ,p,m,ɛ,æ,b,ʊ,e,a,ɑ,ʃ,ŋ,f,o,v,ɔ,ɡ,u,ʒ,w,h,j,θ,ð
Counts=8,7,6,5,5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
Values=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,8,10

If you agree I would update the english_phonetic dic on SF.net. Older releases are not affected by this change.

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz