Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten
und wurde 1.229 mal aufgerufen
 Finnish
xyz Offline

09.01.2013 19:00
Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

I have implemented Finnish Braille scrabble, picture attached. It is meant for people with vision who want to learn Finnish Braille in a fun way.

There is a minor problem, the letter selection doesn't show braille. Could it be possible for the user to select the font for the letter selection window? It could also be the same font that is selected for the 2D view.
Also, it would be useful to have ten characters in a row for braille letters as the shapes repeat after that (easier for learning). Also, slightly larger selection character size would be great.

Braille doesn't show correctly either in the hint texts for the word and in the info bar, but that is not a big problem.

The example in the picture uses a free unicode font Komikaze.

Angefügte Bilder:
braille-suomi-jokeri.png  
Bussinchen Offline

09.01.2013 21:21
#2 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von xyz
Also, it would be useful to have ten characters in a row for braille letters as the shapes repeat after that (easier for learning). Also, slightly larger selection character size would be great.

In this case, I think resize possibility when placing the cursor on the edges and corners of the window where letters are chosen for the blank tile would be a good solution.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Scotty Offline

Administrator

09.01.2013 22:08
#3 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

These buttons are standard controls using system's font, so it cannot be changed easily. But to turn around the question: why don't you apply some braille font to general system settings (I guess it's practice in this way)? If so, buttons (and any other control) would show correctly a triple of dots for F, for instance.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

09.01.2013 22:24
#4 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

Archiv 2007: Altversion 3.0.16 (5) --> (in German) 2007-10-08 --> Altversion means that Scrabble3D did not exist yet

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag RE: Kommentar zur Einstellung der Schriftgröße im Chatfenster
Die Braille-Option kommt noch... (hab tatsächlich mal daran gedacht)

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

xyz Offline

23.01.2013 14:42
#5 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for the tips. I changed the system fonts for message windows and tooltips to braille Unicode fonts. Now the Finnish braille Scrabble works!

Attached are some screenshots to show how it looks with a few different free braille fonts.

Angefügte Bilder:
braille-suomi-all.png   braille-suomi-jokeri2.png   braille-suomi-vihje.png   braille-suomi-vihje2.png  
Scotty Offline

Administrator

23.01.2013 17:27
#6 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

Awesome! Perhaps you could reduce the letter size a little bit (configuration > design).

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

xyz Offline

24.01.2013 18:51
#7 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

I tried to find the best sizes for each panel, tried all sizes. They look good to me in the screenshots. In the information window many fonts show braille well only in larger sizes, like 22 pts. For someone learning braille, it is good to have it big enough. Perhaps showing a standalone information window in maximum size is a good alternative. Most important is of course how it looks in the game tile. In smaller sizes some dots seem to glue together, depends on the font and the screen resolution. But each user can change the sizes to his/her liking. I can propose sizes that look good to me in a readme file or dictionary comment.

If you know any free Unicode Braille fonts that contain the Finnish alphabet, please tell. I didn't find many alternatives.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

24.01.2013 20:12
#8 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

I don't have your system font in mind. The pieces are cropped at top and bottom and you could try to reduce this value:

xyz Offline

25.01.2013 13:26
#9 RE: Finnish Braille Zitat · Antworten

I don't see pieces cropped in the screenshots I gave. But this value is anyway for each individual user to select according to the operating system, font, screen resolution, eyesight, etc.

Komikaze uses 8-point Braille, but the two lowermost points are not used here. That's why there is extra space at the bottom. If you reduce the size for this font, it doesn't look so nice in my opinion.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz