Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten
und wurde 1.284 mal aufgerufen
 User's guide for Scrabble3D
edrubins Offline

28.07.2013 05:09
Is there any documentation Zitat · Antworten

I'm trying to set this up on a local server. I downloaded the linux 32 bit debian file to a Ubuntu 12.04 box and installed it with all of the dependencies. When I try to run it I get numerous error messages including:

(Scrabble3D:9906): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(Scrabble3D:9906): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
`menu_proxy_module_load': Scrabble3D: undefined symbol:
menu_proxy_module_load

(Scrabble3D:9906): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load type module: (null)

[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred 
Sender=Exception
Exception=Could not load GLu from libGLU.so.1
Stack trace:
$084037FC
TApplication.HandleException Could not load GLu from libGLU.so.1
Stack trace:
$084037FC
exception at 084037FC:
Could not load GLu from libGLU.so.1.

I can't find any documentation on how to set up the configuration files, although I do have an empty ~/.config/Scrabble3D directory. Since there seems to be a lot of people enjoying this gamI must be missing something - unless there all playing it from the same server(s.) Any help would be appreciated.

Best, Ed

Scotty Offline

Administrator

28.07.2013 11:43
#2 RE: Is there any documentation Zitat · Antworten

You don't need to run a "local" server because programs can connect directly to a particular IP address (Network > Direct connection). You would need to run one program in Server-mode and connect with all other programs in Client-mode to this address. If you want to play games in a local network with 1-3 people it would be the best and simplest choice.
The scrabbleserver replaces the configuration of one program as server. Scrabble3D can connect to a scrabbleserver without complicated configuration (especially the server needs two-way connection, i.e. a port must be open and NAT/PAT configured correctly). A dedicated server with a fixed IP address (or DNS entry) makes explicit knowledge of the target address useless for clients. Furthermore, the scrabbleserver manages numerousness players and provides features to run games in groups, to kibitz, to have high-score etc. It is mainly used to

Before I go in detail with the configuration: what kind of connection do you want to set up?

PS: Your error messages seem to be related to incomplete Gtk installation: http://superuser.com/questions/337639/ho...le-path-murrine

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

edrubins Offline

28.07.2013 17:37
#3 RE: Is there any documentation Zitat · Antworten

Scotty:

Thanks for the quick response.
By local server I mean a server on my private network. I'm planning two clients (one running on the server.) The hosts files on the clients will contain corresponding entries.

By "scrabbleserver" do you mean running Scrabble3D in server mode or a or a dedicated server available on the internet?

libglut was not installed. Installing libglut3 cleared that error.

Otherwise Gtk seems to have the required pieces installed, unless they're not the right version. For example, the murrine theme is installed as part of Gtk2.

(Scrabble3D:28706): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

$ dpkg -l | grep murrine
ii gtk2-engines-murrine 0.98.2-0ubuntu1 cairo-based gtk+-2.0 theme engine

Gtk reports not being able to load the canberra-gtk-module although both libcanberra-gtk-module and libcanberra-gtk3-module are installed. I'm not sure if having them both installed is a problem or not.

(Scrabble3D:28706): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module" although there appears to be two versions (Gtk and Gtk3) installed.
`menu_proxy_module_load': Scrabble3D: undefined symbol: menu_proxy_module_load

$ dpkg -l | grep canberra
ii gnome-session-canberra 0.28-3ubuntu3 GNOME session log in and log out sound events
ii libcanberra-gtk-module 0.28-3ubuntu3 translates GTK+ widgets signals to event sounds
ii libcanberra-gtk0 0.28-3ubuntu3 GTK+ helper for playing widget event sounds with libcanberra
ii libcanberra-gtk3-0 0.28-3ubuntu3 GTK+ 3.0 helper for playing widget event sounds with libcanberra
ii libcanberra-gtk3-module 0.28-3ubuntu3 translates GTK3 widgets signals to event sounds
ii libcanberra-pulse 0.28-3ubuntu3 PulseAudio backend for libcanberra
ii libcanberra0 0.28-3ubuntu3 simple abstract interface for playing event sounds

Again, thank you for the help.
Best, Ed

Scotty Offline

Administrator

28.07.2013 20:34
#4 RE: Is there any documentation Zitat · Antworten

If you manage to run the program Scrabble3D you will probably find the network function. It leads you to a dedicated server (I call it the Free International Scrabble Server) which I host myself. You can connect to this server, find mates, and play with them. After some requests I published this server on SF.net () but without any description so far.

Additionally you can run games in simple server/client connections. One player defines itself the server where all other connect to. If you understand German you may read this page (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sc...sage:Network/de). Sorry, I neglected the help almost completely.

First of all you need to run the program. I tried to add all dependencies to the package and wonder why you need to install glut. Which package do you use?
Other Gtk warnings can be ignored except the gtk3 stuff (libcanberra). Try to use the gtk2 libs and double check dependencies by "ldd ./Scrabble3D".

BTW: there is a Qt version available as well (only 64bit) which only lacks of 3D features.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz