Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 623 mal aufgerufen
 Persian
- ( Gast )
25.11.2013 19:25
Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Notice to all Persian Scrabble3D players:

Unfortunately it is not possible at all to play Scrabble in Persian language with Scrabble3D, because the program does not read the writing direction right to left correctly.

Words that are written from left to right are considered to be correct words, even though they cannot be found in the dictionary, but when the same words are written in the correct direction from right to left, they are considered to be wrong words, even though they are found in the dictionary.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

25.11.2013 21:25
#2 RE: Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

John Offline

24.12.2013 17:50
#3 RE: Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

can someone tell me whether it is possible to play in languages that write from right to left? And is the corresponding vertical direction upwards in that case? I tried Persian, but whatever direction I configure the words come from left and downwards.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

27.12.2013 10:16
#4 RE: Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von John im Beitrag #3
can someone tell me whether it is possible to play in languages that write from right to left?

Important: Bug report - Hebrew Scrabble3D
Zitat von John im Beitrag #3
And is the corresponding vertical direction upwards in that case?

Nope. Right-to-left means only to mirror vertically. Top-down placed words are read from top. Is this wrong?
PS: If you don't mind its a good idea to have both discussions in one thread.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

John ( Gast )
30.12.2013 19:27
#5 RE: Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

I think you mean right to left mirrors horizontally. Sounds logically that it does it vertically as well. So writing topwards. Not a real problem though. A big problem is that whatever I do with the writing direction the letters come in the other order in the information window than on the 2D window. What am I doing wrong?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

30.12.2013 19:35
#6 RE: Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Gast im Beitrag #5
What am I doing wrong?
You doing right, its my fault. This issue is the next I will fix, and I'd be very pleased to have a native speaker to test it eventually. I'll let you know if the test version handles RTL correct.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

04.01.2014 12:01
#7 RE: Important: Bug report - Persian Scrabble3D Zitat · Antworten

For Windows XP you have to active the appropriate function for RTL fonts. That can be done per

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Tab: Languages > Checkbox: Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages

(sorry for screenshot in German only)

Background information is available at Wikipedia: Uniscribe. Without help of the Freepascal/Lazarus experts I'd have never found this solution.

I cannot be ruled out that Scrabble3D still has issues. But at least with the current test version letters of the placed word are according the word search dialog, the messages dialog, and the game course. And all looks nicely connected.

Flag »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz