Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten
und wurde 581 mal aufgerufen
 General Questions About Translation/Localization of Scrabble3D
xyz Offline

28.02.2014 11:20
[done] Translation, English, Finnish Zitat · Antworten

- rMain_CalcResult='Only %d valid word found which score with|Out of %d possible words found the best would score with';//+' '+rMain_Points;
Is with a needed word?

- rMain_TimePenaltyMsg='One minute has been added to %s time for %d point (%d times left)|One minute has been added to %s time for %d points (%d times left)';
Is (%d times left) always in plural? Why?

In Board Configuration->board size the Finnish (old) translation is longer than the English text. It is partly written over by the size box. Is this just caused by the old translation?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

28.02.2014 11:30
#2 RE: Translation, English, Finnish Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von xyz im Beitrag #1
- rMain_CalcResult='Only %d valid word found which score with|Out of %d possible words found the best would score with';//+' '+rMain_Points;
Is with a needed word?

All text behind // is a comment, meaning the resource rMain_Points is attached to the final string.

- rMain_TimePenaltyMsg='One minute has been added to %s time for %d point (%d times left)|One minute has been added to %s time for %d points (%d times left)';
Is (%d times left) always in plural? Why?

Plural or not is up to you. I didn't pluralized this part because it would result in a strange concatenation. You may translate it as "%d x left" to be safe.

In Board Configuration->board size the Finnish (old) translation is longer than the English text. It is partly written over by the size box. Is this just caused by the old translation?

Those alignments are not easy to set and need explicit calculation. I will add it at this particular page in the future.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

xyz Offline

05.03.2014 12:14
#3 RE: Translation, English, Finnish Zitat · Antworten

I didn't put my question clearly, sorry.

Is with a needed word?

->I mean:
"the best would score with x points"
should be
"the best would score x points"

"To score with" means to please someone.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/score+with

Scotty Offline

Administrator

05.03.2014 17:36
#4 RE: Translation, English, Finnish Zitat · Antworten

Oh (I removed the "with" from "English UK" for the next lang release)

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz