Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 98 Antworten
und wurde 11.294 mal aufgerufen
 Ἑλληνικὴ γλῶσσα - Ancient Greek - Altgriechisch
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
linhart Offline

08.06.2011 19:38
#46 RE: υνκνοων Zitat · Antworten

υνκνοων is of course the English word "unknown"!

Look at the enclosed list, please! You should be able to read it with the standard Windows Editor.
These are the sorted word frequencies in all texts of Aeschines.

Your plan with students of Greek sounds really great! Hopefully one of your professors is willing to help you.

Dateianlage:
AeschinesWordFrequ.txt
Bussinchen Offline

08.06.2011 20:44
#47 RE: υνκνοων Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von linhart
1. υνκνοων is of course the English word "unknown"!
2. Look at the enclosed list, please! You should be able to read it with the standard Windows Editor.
These are the sorted word frequencies in all texts of Aeschines.
3. Your plan with students of Greek sounds really great! Hopefully one of your professors is willing to help you.

1. υνκνοων ?! What a 1st april joke for classical philologists!!! That was the worst one I've ever heard!
I thought is was ynknoōn... *ROFL*

2. I'm not able to read anything , because the file is shown like this in the forum --> see the attached screenshot!

3. Yes, they could contribute to an ancientgreek.dic word list by doing inflection exercices as a homework in their Graecum courses, for instance, and donate their exercices to us... That would even increase the usefulness of their exercices and push them to be even more meticulous... (Yes, I'm a teacher, too! )

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Angefügte Bilder:
Whatsthat.jpg  
linhart Offline

08.06.2011 20:52
#48 RE: υνκνοων Zitat · Antworten

The XML-code of "υνκνοων" is exactly "unknown"!

I enclose a UTF8-Version of my word frequencies list. This should be readable e.g. with notepad.

Please tell me if you think that at least the frequent words are correct Greek words.

Dateianlage:
AeschinesWordFrequUTF8.txt
Bussinchen Offline

08.06.2011 21:13
#49 RE: AeschinesWordFrequUTF8.txt Zitat · Antworten

Yes, impeccable! These are real, good, perfect, correct Greek words. Thank you, Linhart!

I only observe that the sigma in words ending in sigma are written with σ in your list, but in Greek the sigma is written as ς when it is the last letter in a word (cf. deutsche Schrift, the German "fraktur", where the round s appears only at the end of a word or syllable).
So λόγουσ should be λόγους, and δῆμοσ should be δῆμος.

But that doesn't matter anyway, if we are writing in capital letters only, as for example in Scrabble. There is only one sign for capital sigma.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Rafa ( Gast )
27.03.2012 06:56
#50 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Enjoy

asheto Offline

09.06.2013 01:19
#51 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Hi everybody, I don't know if you gave up with the ancient-greek.dic project, but i have some links to suggest:

1)Etymologisches worterbuch des griechischen by J. Hofmann http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~organik/giann...Gedicht%204.pdf

(Is it possible to make a word list by means of an ocr software? The same question for LS Lexicon 1996 pdf version)

2)Kalόs software (see the zip version) http://www.kalos-software.com/downloads.php

3) http://www.textkit.com/

linhart Offline

09.06.2013 09:30
#52 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Hi asheto,

thank you very much for these links.

The main problem with generating a good word list for Scrabble is that this list should contain all theoretically correct inflection forms, and this is a rather difficult task. I am busy with making a Latin word list since about two years, and still it is not ready for use with Scrabble3D. But since I had Latin in school, I think I have a chance to achieve my goal within the next year. But my knowledge of Greek is very weak, and this is why I think somebody else should make a Greek word list.

OCR software may be helpful, but usually it makes a lot of mistakes. We tried such a software with the pdf version of Lewis-Short, but there were too many letters read incorrectly. (Even if only 1 letter out of 1000 is wrong, this may be too much.)

asheto Offline

18.06.2013 10:09
#53 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Good morning ,

The word list of this dictionary is based on the New Testament book. I converted the text to uppercase letters (removing spirits etc). You have to choose the (modern) greek letter set if you want to play using this dictionary. Category (1) contains proper nouns.

I 'm thinking of integrating the Old Testament word list, as soon as possible [the ancient greek translation of the O (70 in the ancient greek numbering system)]

Dateianlage:
Ancient Greek.zip
linhart Offline

18.06.2013 11:35
#54 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Thank you very much for this interesting word list.

I do not know enough Greek, but to me this list seems to contain only the inflected forms which actually occur in the New Testament. This may be very suitable for students of the New Testament, but is very unusual for Scrabble in general. Also, the number of words in this list (17,570) is not comparable with word lists in other languages (e.g. the German list has more than 600,000 entries).

Nevertheless, it seems to be a good starting point, and if you succeed in including also the Old Testament, the number of words will probably increase significantly.

I would be very interested in your experiences in playing Scrabble with this list.

Bussinchen Offline

18.06.2013 13:25
#55 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von linhart im Beitrag #54
Nevertheless, it seems to be a good starting point

I agree!

Since the Bible is written in Koine, it would be fine, if we could integrate Classic Ancient Greek as well, later on.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koine_Greek#Types

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

18.06.2013 13:52
#56 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Ancient Greek (Biblical Koine) Demo Test Game (with Latin interface):

I OpenSource!

asheto Offline

18.06.2013 20:13
#57 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

... this list seems to contain only the inflected forms which actually occur in the New Testament..

Exactly

...it seems to be a good starting point..

I agree, consider it just as the beginning of this project

The second step could be this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint

And the final step the online database of perseus http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/voca...able&lang=greek

linhart Offline

18.06.2013 21:25
#58 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

If you download the following program:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin/Software...es/download.php

you will get a complete list of all greek words of the Perseus data bank (including inflected forms and definitions) under the following path:

diogenes/perl/Perseus_Data/greek-analyses.txt

This is a huge file (more than 110 MB), of course. It contains more than 900,000 wordforms, however including many proper names (which are not suitable for Scrabble, but may be identified by the capital letter at the beginning, marked by an asterisk * ).

Greek letters seem to be encoded in the same way as at the Greek Word Study Tool of Perseus:
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/morph?l=dh=mon&la=greek

Here is a small portion of this file to illustrate its nature (if you see a Skype logo in front of the long numbers, please ignore it, as well as the colour of the numbers):

Zitat
diakompe/wn {26101706 9 diakompe/w pres part act masc nom sg (epic doric ionic aeolic)}
diakone/etai {26102129 9 dia_kone/etai,diakone/w minister pres ind mp 3rd sg (epic ionic)}
diakone/ousin {26102129 9 dia_kone/ousin,diakone/w minister pres part act masc/neut dat pl (epic doric ionic)}{26102129 9 dia_kone/ousin,diakone/w minister pres ind act 3rd pl (epic doric ionic)}
diakonei/sqwn {26102129 9 dia_konei/sqwn,diakone/w minister pres imperat mp 3rd pl (attic epic)}{26102129 9 dia_konei/sqwn,diakone/w minister pres imperat mp 3rd dual (attic epic)}
diakomizousw=n {26098406 0 diakomi/zw pres part act fem gen pl (attic epic doric ionic)}

The above cited internet site was communicated to us by Uvius, see Fehler und Problemfälle in der xml-Version von L&S, die mit Glossa nicht sichtbar sind

asheto Offline

19.06.2013 11:12
#59 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for the tip Linhart ,

I followed your advice and i found greek-analyses.txt on my hard disc. Unfortunately the greek words in this file are written with latin characters, and I cannot think of an easy way to convert them to greek

Bussinchen Offline

19.06.2013 11:23
#60 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

I think, converting from Latin to Greek characters could be easy, if there weren't Omikron/Omega and Epsilon/Eta, two different Greek letters that have only one letter transcription in Latin charakters, O and E.

I OpenSource!

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz