Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 98 Antworten
und wurde 11.309 mal aufgerufen
 Ἑλληνικὴ γλῶσσα - Ancient Greek - Altgriechisch
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
asheto Offline

23.06.2013 02:29
#76 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #65

Great!
So this means that in this greek-analyses.dic there are all the words with their inflected forms that are found in the Perseus text corpus?

I'm afraid not. I ripped Aeschines, Speeches from the following link http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/voca...able&lang=greek

The word προακούω from this list , does not exist to greek-analyses .txt

Dateianlage:
speeches.zip
asheto Offline

23.06.2013 03:30
#77 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Λάβετε (take) λαμβάνω megapack

Dateianlage:
LAMBANW.zip
Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2013 03:51
#78 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

λαμβάνω-megapack: Boaaaaaah !!!

Fantastic!

speeches.zip = Excel file
and
308wordlist.zip

--> You really did a great job, asheto! Amazing!

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook

linhart Offline

23.06.2013 07:12
#79 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von asheto
I'm afraid not. I ripped Aeschines, Speeches from the following link http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/voca...able&lang=greek

The word προακούω from this list , does not exist to greek-analyses .txt

The word προακούω does not exactly occur in the speeches of Aeschines, if you believe the Perseus search:

Zitat von http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/sear...=&search=Search
Currently searching the following texts in Greek: •Aeschines, Speeches

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 document results in Greek.

Aeschines, Against Timarchus
speech 1, section 145: ... οὕτως αὐτὸν ἰσχυρῶς ἐπένθησεν, ὥστε παρὰΘέτιδος τῆς αὑτοῦ μητρὸς προακούσας ὅτι μὴ μετελθὼν μὲν τοὺς ἐχθρούς, ἀλλ᾽ ἐάσας ἀτιμώρητον

(I searched at http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/sear...%3a1999.01.0001 for proakou/w, activating "Search for all possible forms".)

I think προακούω is only listed in the vocabulary of the speeches because it is the lemma from which προακούσας is derived.

greek-analyses.txt contains several inflection forms of προακούω, but not προακούω itself.

asheto Offline

23.06.2013 09:33
#80 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Ok I see,

So greek-analyses.txt may contain different forms (inflected etc) of a word , but not necessarily the lemma of a word, whereas the result of the search I did contains the lemmas of words.

Working with the greek-analyses.txt, I omitted the words which start with an asterisk (capital letter).
The attached file contains these words , which indeed seem to be proper names, but the first 352 words start with an exclamation mark (!). Any idea about these group of words?

I also deleted everything that was between { } at the original greekanalyses.txt (although there were some greek words in brackets).

Dateianlage:
greek-analyses proper nouns.zip
Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2013 17:14
#81 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von asheto im Beitrag #80
[...] but the first 352 words start with an exclamation mark (!). Any idea about these group of words?

I have looked at that list, and I see that all the first 352 words starting with an exclamation mark have a vowel as second sign after the exclamation mark. Then, below, on line 1012 - 1015 there is another little group of 4 words with an exclamation mark (after an asterisk), *!ρειαs, *!ριοιsι, *!ριον, *!ριου, and those words have a Rho after the exclamation mark. So I believe that the exclamation mark substitutes a spiritus.

But I'm a little bit confused, because with Rho it should be a spiritus asper, which indicates the pronunciation of h (aspiration), whilst in words like !αλλα, !αρα and !ειs for instance the spiritus should be lenis, indicating the lack of aspiration. I am confused because the same exclamation mark seems to indicate two different sorts of spiritus, i.e. both asper and lenis.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2013 17:26
#82 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von asheto im Beitrag #80
So greek-analyses.txt may contain different forms (inflected etc) of a word, but not necessarily the lemma of a word, whereas the result of the search I did contains the lemmas of words.

Anyway, we absolutely do need the lemmata of the inflected words as well.

Maybe we should copy the lemmata from Henry George Liddell, Robert Scott, A Greek-English Lexicon on the Perseus' website anyway
--> http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text...D1%3Aentry%3D*a
--> http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057%3Aalphabetic+letter%3D*a%3Aentry+group%3D1%3Aentry%3D*a

A really boring job indeed, but maybe necessary, if there is no other possibility to get the lemmata.

I OpenSource!

Apollonius Offline

23.06.2013 18:39
#83 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

I am SO GLAD that Bussinchen, Linhart, and others are still working so hard on this list! Most people would have taken shortcuts that would compromise the validity of the word list, but you guys are hardcore. :D Thank you again so much for your work!

Oh, and if there is any drudgery that i can do to help...removing punctuation for 25,000 words...things like that...please let me know!

Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2013 18:52
#84 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Apollonius im Beitrag #83
I am SO GLAD that Bussinchen, Linhart, and others are still working so hard on this list! Most people would have taken shortcuts that would compromise the validity of the word list, but you guys are hardcore. :D Thank you again so much for your work!

Oh, and if there is any drudgery that i can do to help...removing punctuation for 25,000 words...things like that...please let me know!

@Apollonius:

We have to thank asheto, who joined us and who is very interested in creating a high quality Ancient Greek word list, too!

I OpenSource!

linhart Offline

23.06.2013 19:25
#85 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
Anyway, we absolutely do need the lemmata of the inflected words as well.

greek-analyses.txt contains for each inflected form also the corresponding lemma in the same line, for example (omitting the big number):

Zitat
proakou/sas {pro+akou/sa_s,proakou/w hear beforehand aor part act masc nom/voc sg (attic epic ionic)}

So we should extract not only the first word in each line but also the lemma, which is perhaps always the first or second word after the brace "{".

Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2013 19:52
#86 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

You are right again, dear Linhart; I had forgotten what you wrote in your post #58

Yes, I hope that our dear philhellenic asheto will find a possibility how to extract those lemmata!

I OpenSource!

asheto Offline

27.06.2013 02:44
#87 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten
Bussinchen Offline

27.06.2013 03:39
#88 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von asheto
Εὕρηκα !!!

Wow!!!

Did you really, asheto?! Did you?

I OpenSource!

asheto Offline

27.06.2013 21:04
#89 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Almost done,

the file includes ALL the greek words of the greek analyses .txt (except proper nouns and words starting with exclamation mark).

60.000 more words . I decided to preserve the beta code transliteration so that a player-student could retrieve the "lost" punctuation.

I also kept the English translation of the words-lemmata for the non Greek speaking friends .All these can be found under the menu>Game>word search

I plan to incorporate later the word list of New and Old Testament to the main body of this dictionary

Linhart , at the same folder with greek analyses .txt (diogenis software) , i found a file named greek lemmata.txt with a different structure.

I suppose (hope) that the words it contains , already exist in greek analyses.txt

I hope to finish the task by the end of Jyly 2013

Meanwhile , i'm waiting for your comments

Dateianlage:
Greek analyses.zip
asheto Offline

28.06.2013 09:22
#90 RE: Ancient Greek Dictionary: ancient-greek.dic Zitat · Antworten

Removal of duplicate entries .

878.067 unique records.

Scrabble's 3D word search, functions as an Ancient Greek to English lexicon

Dateianlage:
greek-analyses1.03.zip