Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten
und wurde 791 mal aufgerufen
 Romanian
Bussinchen Offline

08.09.2011 18:04
#1 End of Game - Romanian Style: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses the game Zitat · Antworten

Overrun of Max. Overtime - Forfeit the Game means that the player who has finished his time (25 min.) having remaining tiles on his rack, automatically has lost the game, even if his score had been in advantage.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

08.09.2011 18:12
#2 RE: End of Game - Romanian Style: Timout for one player = end of game for all players Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von playez
In case of time ending
-if the player that end his time is in advance, the other one receive 1 victory and +50 to his difference
-if the other player is in advantage, he receive 1 victory and the difference (but no less than 50).
For forfait(one player is not present at the game) the other receive 1 victory and +75 to difference.

I think these rules regard the Classification, your Ranking or Rating. But it does not matter for the players' end score in a specific game, does it?

My dear Scotty, in future I would like to get the international rule Overrun of Max. Overtime = Forfeit automatically the Game*) implemented in Scrabble3D.

--------------------------------

*) Overrun of Max. Overtime = Game is automatically lost

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Scotty Offline

Administrator

08.09.2011 18:58
#3 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

Does really anybody play an option like that? A player who runs out of time loses the game regardless to previously obtained points.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

playez Offline

09.09.2011 12:28
#4 Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
A player who runs out of time loses the game regardless to previously obtained points.

If this is situation now, is perfect. No need for anything else, i agree.
But now, after i run out of my time, the program threat my move like a pass and display "5 passes until game end", but he still make moves. As it is now, game is end just for the player that run out of time. It must end totally.
Settings in "rules" are time control "per game", "Time penalty" >"game end for player". Is needed another settings: "game end for all".

Scotty Offline

Administrator

09.09.2011 13:17
#5 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

In case of "game end for all" after timeout (with or without some adoption of players result), wouldn't it be possible to cheat? E.g. Player 1 makes a 100 points move and waits thereafter for timeout. On the other hand it seems to me, as a slow player , rather hard to lose the game completely (e.g. by zeroing game result) . And as well this situation need some more definition: What should happen to the other players?
The current settings allow every player to play their part of "time per game". If your mate is out of time you can use left time to place letters. If "add time" is chosen a minute will be added with a certain penalty but the game is continued for all.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

09.09.2011 13:19
#6 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

It is very interesting what you are writing, dear playez. But remember: The rule you describe is used in Romanian games, but not in French games:

Zitat von Official Rules for French Competition Games
7. La fin de partie
[...]
Temps épuisé : lorsqu’un joueur a épuisé son crédit-temps, il est obligé de passer systématiquement son tour, mais a toujours la possibilité de contester. Son adversaire joue normalement tant qu’il lui reste du temps et des lettres [...].

7. End of Game
Time has run out: when a player has finished his time, he is forced to pass every time it is his turn, but he has still the possibility to challenge the other player's moves. The other player continues playing normally as long as he has remaining time and letters [...].

Most International Scrabble Federations admit additional time (additional minutes), but the player who runs overtime gets a penalty (for each additional minute x points are subtracted from his score).
Cf. my table in English: Comparison of International Scrabble Rules in Scrabble3D
and German: Internationale Spielregeln im Vergleich

Of course I would like to have the Romanian rule implemented in Scrabble3D, too, but it has to be implemented as an additional setting option.

Tonight, I will check all the International Rules and look how the end of the game is treated when a player has finished even his max. number of additional minutes. In that case maybe he has automatically lost the game, too.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

09.09.2011 13:26
#7 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
In case of "game end for all" after timeout (with or without some adoption of players result), wouldn't it be possible to cheat? E.g. Player 1 makes a 100 points move and waits thereafter for timeout.

I don't think so! It really would not be a good idea for that player to wait for a timeout, because if his time runs out, he will automatically loose the game, regardless of the fact that his score is in advantage.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

09.09.2011 13:43
#8 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
And as well this situation need some more definition: What should happen to the other players?

Of course we have been talking about games with two players like in official tournaments. But you are right, Scotty, in Scrabble3D up to 4 players can play together.

So the Romanian rule could be like this:
Timeout for 1 player = end of the whole game. The mates' scores will determine who wins the game, who will be second and who will be third.

Of course, if I played with two or three mates, I would not check the Romanian game end option. I think it makes a sense only for games with two players.

Cf. our discussion in Italian and German on Internationalisierung and especially on Internationalisierung. We talked about the Italian rule, which stipulates that a player who has finished all his additional minutes has automatically lost the game.

I OpenSource!

playez Offline

09.09.2011 14:21
#9 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

I agree that ending game at end time of one player is dangerous when more than 2 player are involved. One player can force game end in favor of another friend that is in the lead. But in this logic i see no point to play a game with more than 1 opponent, because if you want to help another player you can open the game, open 3x words rows, place vowel next to 3x letter field. You can help him anyway. In my playing stile blocking the opponent and keeping my rack balanced in numbers of vowels and consonants is a little bit more important than the maximum numbers of points i can make in a move, so i see no point in playing with more than one opponent. But is shure, Scrabble3D must be open to all styles and playing with 3 partners can be a option. But is funny to me to see the game entering in something like demo mode, with computer continuing to place moves unil tiles are over. For 2 players, game must end in case of a player ending his time.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

09.09.2011 16:12
#10 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

To conclude: you want a third option for games with time control: "end game". And the player's result who runs out of time is zeroed.
To make this option concordant to Italian rule, we need two checkboxes: "zero result for player with no time" and "end game completely". Both have to be checked for Romanian style but game continues for Italians. "Game end for players" will be removed. "times" = 0 should be used instead. Okay?

Bussinchen Offline

09.09.2011 16:17
#11 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

For Italian players it comes to the "Romanian game end", when their max. 3 additional minutes are finished, too.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

09.09.2011 16:27
#12 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

Sorry for the bad links in my posting #8. This is a known bug in this forum software, and I forgot to edit my posting after having copied it in this thread. I have edited the links and when you click on them now, you'll go to the correct site.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

29.07.2012 02:21
#13 RE: Timout for one player = end of game for all players, player who is out of time looses automatically the game Zitat · Antworten

In his test version 27c from the 11th July 2012 Scotty has finally implemented the feature Game lost after final time out and this will be a feature in upcoming Patch 28.

That means that the score of a player who overruns his time will automatically be zeroed and he will loose the game. In games with 2 players, it would not make much sense for the other player to continue playing. So he can pass three times in order to finish the game. In games with 3 or 4 players those players who have some time left, however, can continue playing.

I OpenSource!

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz