Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 2.394 mal aufgerufen
 English dictionaries
Loweja Offline

03.08.2014 04:51
How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

It seems I am at a impass, at a total loss. I get to the game and it starts but tells me to download a dictionary. Sorry folks to sound ignorant or naïve but WHERE do I find this dictionary and how do I download it. Keeps telling me Im not registered when I have registered as well, seems registering here went well after 4 attempts at the captcha tho. So peoples PLEASE help me on what to do and how do I download the dictionary for the game. PLEASE, I so love this game and also a newbie and not very computer saavy so please keep it simple. I only want to play the simple ordinary version of the game at this time.
Kind kind Regards
Loweja

Loweja Offline

03.08.2014 15:45
#2 RE: How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

I have finally found out how to download the English Dictionary but when I played the demonstration game I found that the words been played I have never heard of before. All strange and meanings I know nothing about. Is there a simpler version of this game with a everyday type dictionary to use. I honestly cannot play this game with so many words I have never heard of before. Thankyou.
Loweja

Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.08.2014 16:32
#3 RE: How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

I'll reply on all questions tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Scotty Offline

Administrator

04.08.2014 20:02
#4 RE: How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Several ways to add a dictionary are available: a) double-click the list item or select and click 'load' at main menu > configuration > settings > dictionary. You have to confirm the download first if it's not found on your PC. b) Use the assistant which pops up when you start the game for the first time. Later you have access via main menu > information > assistant. And c) just download the file, decompress, and move it to the right place (which might be a little bit difficult).

The help provides more information, though it is rather a draft (check the German page for screen-shots). It takes much time to write.
Help on dictionary configuration: http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...tion:Dictionary
About additional files: http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...tion:AutoUpdate

The dictionary was composed by @linhart. It contains of all valid words used in tournaments. On the positive side you will never worry if a word that you place is valid or not. If the computer complains it is not. But I agree that games against the machine might become displeasing. But if you have a word list you can build your own dictionary. And perhaps you want to match people on the Internet: Scrabble3D offers some options for network games including a game server where you can find mates.

Last but not least you ask about registration here. I think you have to solve a captcha to become a full member. This is necessary to avoid spam. However, some areas are free for guests. But apparently you have overcome this trouble.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Loweja Offline

06.08.2014 15:10
#5 RE: How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Thankyou Scotty for your reply. I appreciate it. I think I will try to find someone online who plays a simpler version of the game if I can. I don't like using words that continually pop up that are to difficult. How do I find a player who plays a simple version using dictionaries like the common Collins or Oxford dictionary on this site?. I do not wish to play tournaments at this stage. I just find the words to difficult for me and I do not want to use words the linhart dictionary always accepts etc.
Is this Scrabble 3D site only for people who are serious tournament players??. I cant seem to find how to go about finding people who may play easier games. I am so sorry if my questions seem naïve but I would just like to play a simpler version of Scrabble until I get better at it using dictionaries that I know.
Thankyou Scotty for your help and responses.
Regards
Loweja - Lori

Scotty Offline

Administrator

06.08.2014 15:55
#6 RE: How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Loweja im Beitrag #5
Is this Scrabble 3D site only for people who are serious tournament players?

The game server is open for everyone. Just hang around until someone is online who speaks English. Or invite someone you know to install Scrabble3D as well.
You can learn more about the game server here.

Gast
29.07.2017 15:35
#7 RE: How do I download English Dictionary Zitat · Antworten

This is a stupid program that locks up all the time - cannot find the dictionary and is useless

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz