Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 379 mal aufgerufen
 General Questions About Translation/Localization of Scrabble3D
xyz Offline

27.12.2012 15:18
questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

I couldn't post to English->Translators, but here it seems to be easier. Please move this to the translators thread.

1) In the configuration window, the hint texts for the word check mode only show the hint for ChallengeBonus.
ChallengePenalty and ChallengePeriod show this text:
Choose how words are checked: Takeback=ask before; Poll=ask after next player, Challenge=challenge move

I have a different text for each of these hints (in Finnish), but only the text for challengebonus shows correctly.
I checked several translations, and it is the same in all those.

lbChallengePeriod.Hint=Choose how words are checked: Takeback=ask before; Poll=ask after next player, Challenge=challenge move
seChallengePenalty.Hint=Choose how words are checked: Takeback=ask before; Poll=ask after next player, Challenge=challenge move
lbChallengePenalty.Caption=Pe&nalty [points]:
lbChallengePenalty.Hint=Choose how words are checked: Takeback=ask before; Poll=ask after next player, Challenge=challenge move
seChallengeBonus.Hint=bonus if a word is not valid
lbChallengeBonus.Caption=&Bonus [points]:
lbChallengeBonus.Hint=bonus if a word is not valid

I have translated these:
lbChallengeBonus.Caption=&Bonus [pistettä]:
lbChallengeBonus.Hint=Sanan haastanut pelaaja saa tämän bonuksen,\\njos sana ei kelpaa
lbChallengePenalty.Caption=&Virhepistemäärä:
lbChallengePenalty.Hint=Pistevähennys pelaajalta, joka\\nvirheellisesti haastaa käyvän sanan
lbChallengePeriod.Caption=&Aika [s]:
lbChallengePeriod.Hint=Pelaajalla on tämän verran aikaa haastaa pelattu sana

seChallengeBonus.Hint=Sanan haastanut pelaaja saa tämän bonuksen,\\njos sana ei kelpaa
seChallengePenalty.Hint=Pistevähennys pelaajalta, joka\\nvirheellisesti haastaa käyvän sanan
seChallengePeriod.Hint=Pelaajalla on tämän verran aikaa haastaa pelattu sana

Should seChallengePenalty.Caption etc. exist?

2) In the statistics window, the longest word(s) in the left are truncated, so the texts won't show correctly. It's easy to avoid by putting the least important characters last, so it wouldn't matter so much, but is this a bug?

3) Are the sound files normally in the same directory than the word lists? If not, where?

4) What's the context (whole sentence) for the text in
rmain_chatkibitzes

Scotty Offline

Administrator

27.12.2012 19:38
#2 RE: questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von xyz im Beitrag #1
Should seChallengePenalty.Caption etc. exist?
seChallenge* (se = spin edit control) does not have caption but, of course, hints.
In the statistics window, the longest word(s) in the left are truncated, ..., but is this a bug?
Auto size didn't work as expected. I fixed it now.
Are the sound files normally in the same directory than the word lists?
Yes, all user files are in the same directory.
What's the context (whole sentence) for the text in rmain_chatkibitzes
The drop down menu of chat receiver (below messages when connected to game server) is filled with rMain_Chat* (and all individuals).

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help: Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

27.12.2012 19:51
#3 RE: questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

The original sound files of Scrabble3D cannot be found in the config directory, because they are integrated in Scrabble3D.exe when the source code is compiled.

Only if the user has own sound files that he wants to replace the original ones of Scrabble3D with, those files have to be stored in the config directory.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

xyz Offline

02.01.2013 16:20
#4 RE: questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

I noticed there is already a thread:
International->
General->
Localization: translation of *.lang files

Shouldn't this thread belong in there? My mistake, I didn't find it before posting.

Bussinchen Offline

02.01.2013 16:42
#5 RE: questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von xyz im Beitrag #4
Shouldn't this thread belong in there?

Not necessarily...
Because several things you describe and ask are general, not necessarily concerning only the Finnish translation.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

xyz Offline

02.01.2013 16:53
#6 RE: questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

International->
General->

is an international section, not for Finnish

Bussinchen Offline

02.01.2013 17:13
#7 RE: questions of translation Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von xyz im Beitrag #6
International->
General->

is an international section, not for Finnish

I renamed that thread to Practical tips for translation of *.lang files (Localization) just now, because this is what I meant.

I OpenSource!

«« Transifex
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz