Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 96 Antworten
und wurde 7.213 mal aufgerufen
 Bugreports & Suggestions
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Scotty Offline

Administrator

20.06.2020 11:37
#46 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

22: Yes, see http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind.../Network:Rating
23: Yes, in local game you can auto pause the game to hand over without seeing the rack.
24: Loading games from other players is not possible. Therefore it's disabled on kibitzing.ng my own game online. It is even possible to load any remote game from the server then.
25: Yes, some more info could be handy.

26: Blanks are joker and can be assigned to all letters that you define in the distribution. For English it's A..Z. The same is true for random letters.
27: Please make it shorter ;-). Implemented randomization is very simple and definitely worth to improve. Had to implement an own solution since the default wasn't working properly for some reason. The seed value is quite small, IIRC.
28: Bussinchen is a long-term contributor, administrator and moderator at the forum, and put a lot of effort into localization and testing. See also #45.

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Raman Offline

20.06.2020 17:23
#47 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

(26) In Scrabble with mathematical equations, I tried to remove ∞, < and > from the letter set and still those characters were included when the program asked me what letter I wanted to substitute for blank tile, I think.
That was why I am asking you about it and confirming with you about it. Can it take characters only from the letter set or all of those characters that are present in the dictionary? What about that for random tiles? Anyway that you have already answered my own question. I will also check with it once again from my own side.

For English, it need not be always and only from A to Z. Some digraph tiles may be introduced and dictionary may be twisted to induce fun in the game. Or some rarely used letters might be omitted from the game, for example in a 9×9 board with 50 tiles only. I was actually about it asking in that case only.

There is no meaningful mathematical equation with the symbol of ∞. < and > will take a range of values on left hand side and right hand side instead of one single value and it will allow players to form wild mathematical equations with high scoring points as per player's wish. That is why it would always be better enough to avoid all of those symbols there, in any game to play of Scrabble with mathematical equations only.

(27) Is 0 to 131071 (2¹⁷ - 1) the exact range of values that the random seed can take, that is generated at the start of the played game, that is seen when the game is saved to a .SSG file?
If that is the case, then by birthday paradox, in O(√131072) played games, exactly at least 427 played games by my count, there is 50% probability that same random seed will be generated again.
At least you could consider raising that to 2³¹ - 1. In my own humble opinion, the ideal upper limit for that feature is actually 2⁶³ - 1 only.

(29) Are = (equals) and ; (semicolon) the only reserved symbols in dictionary words to separate the meanings and categories, and every other symbol can be used for words and their own meanings?
More information about it in Tamil Scrabble thread, in other languages forum, where all of other languages which are not listed separately above in International group are discussed with, in any further.

[Replace]
1=^÷ 2=_÷ 3=`÷ 4=a÷ 5=b÷ 6=^ø 7=_ø 8=`ø 9=aø 0=bø {=a |=b }=c ~=d ó=e õ=f ö=g ü=h þ=i !=j #=k $=l (=m )=n *=o %=p <=q >=r /=s -=t &=u :=v +=w ,=x .=y ?=z

(4) You missed to answer this important question of mine. For clarification only, I am asking to you about it again and I am just curious about it.
Will accented non-ASCII characters such as é and è also get converted to their uppercase characters while loading the dictionary?

Thank you for all of your own answers to my own questions. I have seeked answers for all of my questions to you that I had ever wanted to ask to you about it, regarding Scrabble3D application.
I hope that it will all be useful to other people as well whoever makes use of Scrabble3D application and refers to these posts in this thread in this forum during the future period of time only.
I will not bother you too much with any questions about Scrabble3D application again. You may please consider my own contribution of Tamil Scrabble to Scrabble3D application, and if you would ever want to, you can also consider Perfect Squares, Triangular Numbers, etc. and so on for a bizarre and different experience. And even Perfect Cubes but I think that Perfect Cubes are rare and it is rather impossible to play Perfect Cubes flexibly enough at least with too few number of tiles in the rack only with, in any game to play of Perfect Cube Scrabble.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

21.06.2020 11:43
#48 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #47
(26) In Scrabble with mathematical equations, I tried to remove ∞, < and > from the letter set

The Math dictionary provides a full description of the letter set (IIRC, it's "Letters=ABC..." in the header). If you pressed okay after loading you apply this set. You may also test the statement with your Tamil dictionary and the English letter set.
(27) Is 0 to 131071 (2¹⁷ - 1) the exact range of values that the random seed can take

const
IM = 139968;
IA = 3877;
IC = 29573;

function GenRandom(aLimit : longint): longint;
begin
Seed:=(Seed * IA + IC) mod IM;
if aLimit>0 then
Result:=Seed mod aLimit else
Result:=Seed;
end;

procedure GenRandomize;
begin
Seed:=GetTickCount mod IM;
end;

(that's all)
(29) Are = (equals) and ; (semicolon) the only reserved symbols in dictionary words

Everything after the first equal until the first semicolon (or the end) is taken as word, everything from the first semicolon... You may use Test=A===O;Foo;1 I guess.
Could implement in a future version something like Separator=: in the header to override the semicolon.
Will accented non-ASCII characters such as é and è also get converted to their uppercase characters while loading the dictionary?

The letter set is not changed, if you add "a" it will remain lower case. And I was almost sure the dictionary does on loading but in fact no conversion is done.

Happy to answer all your question. Enjoy the game!

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Raman Offline

22.06.2020 21:24
#49 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #48
Everything after the first equal until the first semicolon (or the end) is taken as word, everything from the first semicolon... You may use Test=A===O;Foo;1 I guess.
Could implement in a future version something like Separator=: in the header to override the semicolon.

Actually, you meant that everything after the first equal until the first semicolon (or the end) is taken as meaning, and not word. Isn't it, then?

The letter set is not changed, if you add "a" it will remain lower case. And I was almost sure the dictionary does on loading but in fact no conversion is done.

I tried out with a test dictionary with words 21, 12, a1 ... z1, 1a ... 1z (a total of 54 words) and by substituting uppercase letters in letter set for their lowercase equivalents in the dictionary, the words were invalid. Same type of thing was holding true for accented characters in the letter set also.

But try out by yourself with the convert.dic Tamil dictionary file with meanings of words and convert_lexicon.dic dictionary file without meanings of words that I attached under Defective.zip zip file in this post 49 of mine in this thread. Uppercase ASCII letters and lowercase ASCII letters both of them are used in those 2 dictionaries without converting all of the lowercase ASCII characters are converted into symbols and other non-ASCII characters which were not used by the Tamil dictionary, in convert.dic and convert_lexicon.dic of Defective.zip zip file. If you think that lowercase characters do not converted to their uppercase equivalents on loading the dictionary, then you can see for yourself that lowercase letters of L, P and U were getting interchanged with their uppercase equivalents whenever loading those Tamil dictionaries by using Scrabble3D application. Later I observed that e also had the same behaviour, so that I felt that it would be best enough to change all of the lowercase ASCII characters are converted into symbols and other non-ASCII characters which were not used by the Tamil dictionary.

May be that the behaviour might be different for different computer CPU and processor configurations and operating systems. Try out running a demo for yourself by using only computer opponent players, I think that only exactly 4 players are allowed for this, no more or no less, no matter however big or small the size of the board, 2D or 3D, or number of tiles used in the letter set that users have configured in the settings of the program.

Try out using this Tamil Scrabble letter set, that is at least 1000 units big enough and something that is best fit for 45×45 square board or 15×15×15 cube board.
@ 1 10 A 10 1 B 3 2 C 4 1 D 1 9 E 4 3 F 1 9 G 2 2 H 1 7 I 1 8 J 1 5 K 1 9 ô 84 1 ù 24 1 ú 22 1 û 35 1 L 57 1 N 29 1 O 1 10 P 18 1 Q 7 4 R 48 1 S 9 2 T 36 1 U 25 1 V 18 1 W 28 1 X 17 1 Y 31 1 Z 3 5 [ 8 2 \ 7 1 ] 12 1 ~ 22 2 ó 8 3 õ 7 4 ö 4 8 ü 15 2 þ 9 3 ! 23 2 # 8 3 $ 15 2 ( 41 1 ) 5 5 * 13 2 % 26 1 < 1 8 > 1 5 / 6 2 - 7 3 & 17 1 ¡ 7 2 £ 9 2 ¥ 10 2 ¦ 3 6 § 17 1 ¨ 3 5 © 7 2 ª 3 4 « 3 3 ¬ 8 2 ­ 4 5 ® 10 2 ¯ 2 6 ° 3 3 ± 3 4 ² 3 5 ¸ 1 9 º 2 9 ¼ 1 10 ½ 1 10 ¾ 1 9 ¿ 1 8 À 1 9 Á 1 8 Â 1 10 Ã 1 10 Ä 1 10 Å 1 8 Ç 1 10 È 1 10 É 1 10 Ï 15 1 Ñ 7 5 Ó 15 1 Ô 1 9 Õ 10 1 Ö 1 10 × 10 2 Ø 6 3 Ù 1 6 Ú 11 1 Û 2 6 Ü 3 4 Ý 2 6 Þ 1 6 ß 7 2 à 1 7 á 2 7 ã 1 9 å 1 10 æ 1 10 ç 1 9 è 1 8 é 3 8 ê 2 8 ë 1 9 ì 1 10 í 1 10 î 1 10 ð 1 10 ñ 1 10 ò 1 10

Try out loading the 45×45 Scrabble board from Maths1000.ssg saved file or 15×15×15 Scrabble board from Maths1010.ssg saved file to test out demo of Tamil Scrabble from Game.zip zip file that is being attached in my own post 39 in this thread. They are designed and then developed within quite densely enough populated premium squares, rather than instead of sparsely enough populated premium squares that come inbuilt and packed with 15×15×15 Scrabble board and 21×21×21 Scrabble board along with Scrabble3D application that is downloadable from sourceforge.

In Scrabble3D application, while looking at tiles remaining in the bag, all of the types of the same letter are not always accumulated at one place between two comma separator points, start point or end point, isn't it? This might be becoming the cause for confusion of computer opponent players, either in demo or while playing against human opponent players thereby interchanging all of types of lowercase ASCII letters for their own uppercase equivalents, isn't it?

--

By the way that Board.zip zip file locally stored in my own computer contains all board screenshots packed and archived in compressed zip file, that is too big to attach here once again. All of board images as I have played over the days are attached along every progressive and cumulative post of mine in this thread, are attaching them more than once really necessary as that is being packed and archived in compressed zip file? Also that large image files are not accepted to be uploaded directly in this forum, they are attached in addpics.com image uploading website pages and that they can be attached into this forum's posts either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts. However short files, upto maximum size of 12 MB (overall combining all of file sizes in certain post or is it for individual file size?) can be attached directly into this forum's post but that they cannot be placed directly inline, but only let alone kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts. Even JPG and PNG files that are being too large enough to attach here, but only let alone think about of one by one singly pixel 1 or 8 or 16 or 24 or 32 bit colour information that are being stored and encoded bitmap BMP files around. GIF and TIFF files that are being quite small enough than whenever compared to against JPG, PNG and BMP extension formats, but they would be causing loss of colour information whenever compression algorithms are used for storing in that format and they are not quite suitable enough formats of image files to be stored. I wonder that why some of the types of the another image uploading website pages such as those like imgur.com rather than instead of addpics.com are linked to this forum's posts image attachment sakes and then purposes ever, either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts. I think that only all of those types of image uploading website pages that are allies of German people are always made use of for attaching images into this forum's posts image attachment sakes and then purposes ever, either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts.

In this forum, there is no option to click on number of posts in any forum page and see who posted, depending upon the number of posts in the thread that has been made by each user. This is from forum page which lists all threads in a certain forum and not from thread page which lists all posts in a certain thread.
Windows WinRAR and 7zip use different compression algorithms to zip several files into one single archived file to attached files of supported format in e-mails, forum posts and WhatsApp messenger individual conversations and group chats. The percentage of compression of each file by every different software that is available is different. So would be also the same type of thing for Windows WinZip and gunzip and bunzip for Linux, Unix and Macintosh operating systems.
If I quote a post and reply to a post, if an image is attached to it, then it is automatically carried to the next post. But not the same type of thing happens for other types of attached files in this forum.

It seems that posts made by non-supermods and then non-administrators to all of the forums or non-moderators to a particular (specific) forum cannot be edited after 1 hour period of time has expired. So is the same type of thing happening if a reply is made to a particular post, even if it had been made by me alone.
I think that Bussinchen has actively subscribed to all of the threads that I have made a post in. He actively logged in into this forum after I think that he had received an e-mail notification to my own subscribed thread and thanked my made post in the thread of Tamil Scrabble, in other languages forum, where all of other languages which are not listed separately above in International group are discussed with, in any further. Or the time that I made the post would be the active period of time that he would actually and usually log in to the forum, it seems so. But he should have thanked that post of mine without actively reading all of the long material and without understanding all of them. After all, he should have trusted me. I believe that none of the German people here know Tamil at all, isn't it?
This is a German software and unlike isc.ro very few people play online in Scrabble3D application server, and they are mostly German, French, Hungarian or Finnish likely languages dictionaries not supported at isc.ro or at other places. They usually decline my game invitations to be playing with English Scrabble, English phonetic Scrabble and Scrabble with mathematical equations. You can also note that English Phonetic Scrabble from CMU Sphinx is supported in built by making use of Scrabble3D application.

Note at the bottom of a particular (specific) post in any of types of threads in this forum that a moderator to a particular (specific) forum or a supermod or administrator to all of the forums edited another user's post is not appearing for this particular (specific) forum, isn't it?

Dateianlage:
Defective.zip
Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2020 00:05
#50 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #49
By the way that Board.zip zip file locally stored in my own computer contains all board screenshots packed and archived in compressed zip file, that is too big to attach here once again. All of board images as I have played over the days are attached along every progressive and cumulative post of mine in this thread, are attaching them more than once really necessary as that is being packed and archived in compressed zip file? Also that large image files are not accepted to be uploaded directly in this forum, they are attached in addpics.com image uploading website pages and that they can be attached into this forum's posts either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts. However short files, upto maximum size of 12 MB (overall combining all of file sizes in certain post or is it for individual file size?) can be attached directly into this forum's post but that they cannot be placed directly inline, but only let alone kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts. Even JPG and PNG files that are being too large enough to attach here, but only let alone think about of one by one singly pixel 1 or 8 or 16 or 24 or 32 bit colour information that are being stored and encoded bitmap BMP files around. GIF and TIFF files that are being quite small enough than whenever compared to against JPG, PNG and BMP extension formats, but they would be causing loss of colour information whenever compression algorithms are used for storing in that format and they are not quite suitable enough formats of image files to be stored. I wonder that why some of the types of the another image uploading website pages such as those like imgur.com rather than instead of addpics.com are linked to this forum's posts image attachment sakes and then purposes ever, either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts. I think that only all of those types of image uploading website pages that are allies of German people are always made use of for attaching images into this forum's posts image attachment sakes and then purposes ever, either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts.

In this forum, there is no option to click on number of posts in any forum page and see who posted, depending upon the number of posts in the thread that has been made by each user. This is from forum page which lists all threads in a certain forum and not from thread page which lists all posts in a certain thread.
Windows WinRAR and 7zip use different compression algorithms to zip several files into one single archived file to attached files of supported format in e-mails, forum posts and WhatsApp messenger individual conversations and group chats. The percentage of compression of each file by every different software that is available is different. So would be also the same type of thing for Windows WinZip and gunzip and bunzip for Linux, Unix and Macintosh operating systems.
If I quote a post and reply to a post, if an image is attached to it, then it is automatically carried to the next post. But not the same type of thing happens for other types of attached files in this forum.

It seems that posts made by non-supermods and then non-administrators to all of the forums or non-moderators to a particular (specific) forum cannot be edited after 1 hour period of time has expired. So is the same type of thing happening if a reply is made to a particular post, even if it had been made by me alone.

For many years and several personal reasons I have paid much money privately and out of my own pocket for the "Profi Tarif" for this forum (12 Euro every month), but some weeks ago I told Scotty that I will stop doing that now because last year my life situation has changed. When more than 250 people are registered as members in this forum, the Profi Tarif would go up to even 17 Euro per month. So I will terminate that agreement, and from August 2020 only files up to 2 MB size maximum can be attached to posts in this forum, and the overall web space for all the uploaded files will be limited. Some more features, like for example the Portal, will disappear as well, when nobody will pay money to the hoster any more.

Addpics is owned by the Miranus company too, which is the hoster of this forum and the developer of this Xobor forum software, and that's why it is better than other websites where you can upload pictures. Other websites delete pictures after some years and then they cannot be shown in this forum any more. This had happened here before, but this will not happen with Addpics.

If you want to critisize forum features and make suggestions in order to improve this forum software, you can post here: https://www.hpm-support.de/

Raman Offline

23.06.2020 10:05
#51 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #50
So I will terminate that agreement, and from August 2020 only files up to 2 MB size maximum can be attached to posts in this forum, and the overall web space for all the uploaded files will be limited.

Tamil dictionary was itself 8 MB in size when it was zipped with including all meanings of words, although they can be trimmed upto the first semicolon as read by the program, which captures the essence of the meaning of the word and few corrections need to be applied to some words as well for which multiple meanings exists as well, as by using computer program when words were read alphabetically, then second meaning would capture the essence of the meaning of the word but that the first meaning would capture the essence of the meaning of the word whenever that is combined with another word where this present word would occur combined in prose and poetry.

Tamil dictionary was 500 MB in size when it was zipped without including all meanings of words, although it can be uploaded somewhere else where it would be stored permanently and a link can be posted here, although that it would not be a comfortable enough and then good enough idea at least by me. I trust that at least the limit would not be enforced to size of attached images as since they are and would be hosted by a third party website page and just a link is simply posted here, into this forum's posts either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts.

@ 1 10 A 10 1 B 3 2 C 4 1 D 1 9 E 4 3 F 1 9 G 2 2 H 1 7 I 1 8 J 1 5 K 1 9 ô 84 1 ù 24 1 ú 22 1 û 35 1 L 57 1 N 29 1 O 1 10 P 18 1 Q 7 4 R 48 1 S 9 2 T 36 1 U 25 1 V 18 1 W 28 1 X 17 1 Y 31 1 Z 3 5 [ 8 2 \ 7 1 ] 12 1 ~ 22 2 ó 8 3 õ 7 4 ö 4 8 ü 15 2 þ 9 3 ! 23 2 # 8 3 $ 15 2 ( 41 1 ) 5 5 * 13 2 % 26 1 < 1 8 > 1 5 / 6 2 - 7 3 & 17 1 ¡ 7 2 £ 9 2 ¥ 10 2 ¦ 3 6 § 17 1 ¨ 3 5 © 7 2 ª 3 4 « 3 3 ¬ 8 2 ­ 4 5 ® 10 2 ¯ 2 6 ° 3 3 ± 3 4 ² 3 5 ¸ 1 9 º 2 9 ¼ 1 10 ½ 1 10 ¾ 1 9 ¿ 1 8 À 1 9 Á 1 8 Â 1 10 Ã 1 10 Ä 1 10 Å 1 8 Ç 1 10 È 1 10 É 1 10 Ï 15 1 Ñ 7 5 Ó 15 1 Ô 1 9 Õ 10 1 Ö 1 10 × 10 2 Ø 6 3 Ù 1 6 Ú 11 1 Û 2 6 Ü 3 4 Ý 2 6 Þ 1 6 ß 7 2 à 1 7 á 2 7 ã 1 9 å 1 10 æ 1 10 ç 1 9 è 1 8 é 3 8 ê 2 8 ë 1 9 ì 1 10 í 1 10 î 1 10 ð 1 10 ñ 1 10 ò 1 10

This should be corrected to:

@ 1 10 A 10 1 B 3 2 C 4 1 D 1 9 E 4 3 F 1 9 G 2 2 H 1 7 I 1 8 J 1 5 K 1 9 ô 84 1 ù 24 1 ú 22 1 û 35 1 L 57 1 N 29 1 O 1 10 P 18 1 Q 7 4 R 48 1 S 9 2 T 36 1 U 25 1 V 18 1 W 28 1 X 17 1 Y 31 1 Z 3 5 [ 8 2 \ 7 1 ] 12 1 d 22 2 e 8 3 f 7 4 g 4 8 h 15 2 i 9 3 j 23 2 k 8 3 l 15 2 m 41 1 n 5 5 o 13 2 p 26 1 q 1 8 r 1 5 s 6 2 t 7 3 u 17 1 ¡ 7 2 £ 9 2 ¥ 10 2 ¦ 3 6 § 17 1 ¨ 3 5 © 7 2 ª 3 4 « 3 3 ¬ 8 2 ­ 4 5 ® 10 2 ¯ 2 6 ° 3 3 ± 3 4 ² 3 5 ¸ 1 9 º 2 9 ¼ 1 10 ½ 1 10 ¾ 1 9 ¿ 1 8 À 1 9 Á 1 8 Â 1 10 Ã 1 10 Ä 1 10 Å 1 8 Ç 1 10 È 1 10 É 1 10 Ï 15 1 Ñ 7 5 Ó 15 1 Ô 1 9 Õ 10 1 Ö 1 10 × 10 2 Ø 6 3 Ù 1 6 Ú 11 1 Û 2 6 Ü 3 4 Ý 2 6 Þ 1 6 ß 7 2 à 1 7 á 2 7 ã 1 9 å 1 10 æ 1 10 ç 1 9 è 1 8 é 3 8 ê 2 8 ë 1 9 ì 1 10 í 1 10 î 1 10 ð 1 10 ñ 1 10 ò 1 10

For using both of uppercase and lowercase ASCII characters, then that for convert.dic (with meanings) and convert_lexicon.dic (without meanings), rather than instead of replacing all of types of lowercase ASCII characters with symbols and other non-ASCII characters which were not used by the Tamil dictionary, that for tamil.dic (with meanings) and tamizh.dic (without meanings). Both of (with meanings) and (without meanings) are then valid enough to be read properly enough and used properly enough, then by using Scrabble3D application as a program.

Please make the correction in the earlier post, post 49 of mine in this thread and delete the second half of this post if you would ever want to. I realized my mistake only after 1 hour of posting, and it was not possible at least by me to edit my post after that period of time as elapsed.

Bussinchen Offline

23.06.2020 15:59
#52 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #51
So I will terminate that agreement, and from August 2020 only files up to 2 MB size maximum can be attached to posts in this forum, and the overall web space for all the uploaded files will be limited.

Tamil dictionary was itself 8 MB in size when it was zipped with including all meanings of words, although they can be trimmed upto the first semicolon as read by the program, which captures the essence of the meaning of the word and few corrections need to be applied to some words as well for which multiple meanings exists as well, as by using computer program when words were read alphabetically, then second meaning would capture the essence of the meaning of the word but that the first meaning would capture the essence of the meaning of the word whenever that is combined with another word where this present word would occur combined in prose and poetry.

Tamil dictionary was 500 MB in size when it was zipped without including all meanings of words, although it can be uploaded somewhere else where it would be stored permanently and a link can be posted here, although that it would not be a comfortable enough and then good enough idea at least by me. I trust that at least the limit would not be enforced to size of attached images as since they are and would be hosted by a third party website page and just a link is simply posted here, into this forum's posts either directly inline or kept away as an attachment to this forum's posts.

I know. But it would cost too much money for me, 12 € every month, an amount I have paid out of my own pocket for several years now. But I can't continue like that.
In that case please contact Scotty and send big files to him by private e-mail or send very big files to him via websites like www.sprend.com or www.wetransfer.com.

Please make the correction in the earlier post, post 49 of mine in this thread and delete the second half of this post if you would ever want to. I realized my mistake only after 1 hour of posting, and it was not possible at least by me to edit my post after that period of time as elapsed.

It should be possible for you now to make those corrections yourself by editing your posts without any time limitation.

Raman Offline

27.06.2020 11:03
#53 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

I will provide a publishable version of the Tamil dictionary in another 12 hours or so. You can consider it for the initial release because I will not modify it once again as far as I can think so of.
Meanwhile please clarify me with the following questions:
(30) Desired Letters, Counts and Values for the language can be defined in the dictionary file. Can desired number of jokers and randoms be also defined in it? If so, how?
(31) Can desired font that needs to be used with a dictionary be defined in the dictionary file? If so, how? The font can be installed if it does not exist in the Scrabble3D application user's computer as desired by the user when the dictionary is loaded and used.
(32) Can desired number of tiles that needs to be used with a dictionary be defined in the dictionary file? If so, how?

(33) If new dictionary or new features like (quintuple, sextuple, septuple) (letter score, word score, letter score malus) are added up to the Scrabble3D application in sourceforge website page, then will it get updated for all of the users whoever are making use of the Scrabble3D application whenever that they would check out for any of the types of the updates, ever?
(34) If malus squares are included, then why is the minimum score for a play always 0, even if the actual score for that play would be coming out to be negative?

(35) Why are premium squares very sparse in inbuilt 15×15×15 and 21×21×21 3D Scrabble boards that come along with Scrabble3D application? In 2D Scrabble boards, there is a premium square at a distance of 4 or 5, isn't it? You can look up at my own design of premium squares in 15×15×15 3D Scrabble board by making use of a computer program in English1000.ssg (game in progress), Maths1010.ssg or Tamil1000.ssg save game files that I have attached with Game.zip zip file in my own post number 21 of Tamil Scrabble thread in Tamil forum in International group. Cross board layout did not work out for me, so I made use of spiral board layout as an alternative to it.
Initially that thread was in More languages forum, where all of the international languages that were not listed separately in the International group were discussed. Bussinchen created a separate Tamil forum for it and moved that thread there, making me as a moderator there to give me unlimited editing rights to all of the posts in that thread there. And so, that also applies for all of the posts in all of the threads that will be made in that Tamil forum, isn't it?
(36) Is the maximum allowed board size 48 because it is the sum of count of uppercase and lowercase Greek letters along Z-axis?
(37) With latin script alphabets along X-axis and with numbers along Y-axis, the board co-ordinates are in forward order. But with the Greek alphabets, why are the board co-ordinates along Z-axis in reverse order?

(38) How about having a mobile app for Scrabble3D application? There does not exist one for it right now, isn't it? Anyway that it is not very much important enough for me at all, I am just asking about it only. It will be too much of work, and you cannot afford to pay to the developer, isn't it? I can also develop one if absolutely necessary, and if paid. Unlike Tamil dictionary, which took me just less than a week to create it, building a mobile app for Scrabble3D application takes several months of work. Tamil dictionary was worth creating because other players and I can get a different experience while playing with that dictionary with large letter set, large number of tiles in rack and diverse number of characters. But no difference it makes while playing in PC or mobile device. In fact, it is furthermore comfortable enough to play on PC because of larger screen size. So that there are definitely much more better types of things for me further to work out upon, that would be useful enough to many of other people, than working out to develop a mobile app for the Scrabble3D application.
(39) Is 0 to 139968 the exact range of values that the random seed can take, in any of the saved game files? 0 is inclusive or exclusive? 139968 is inclusive or exclusive?

Raman Offline

27.06.2020 20:21
#54 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

(40) [Question] Is it possible to start new games with our own desired value of random seed? If so, how?
(41) [Suggestion] In Scrabble3D application, there is single, double, triple, quadruple letter score, letter score malus. How about having zero time letter score, that is squares in which any tiles placed on them will not be valuated at all? If free multiplier is also implemented in Scrabble3D application, then zero time letter score also becomes a possibility. Zero time word score or negative time word score does not make any sense at all, isn't it? It will be certainly thrilling to have them if zero and negative points of all of the tiles also co-exist with them, with the feature of having different face value even for the same letter, if the computer opponent players properly access them without replacing tiles with other strings, so is the same case for making use of strings of length 2 and more in the letter set, further.

--

No need to answer for my own question number 39. I think so of that 0 to 139967 is the exact range of values that the random seed can take, in any of the saved game files.

[quote=Raman|p9878146]const
IM = 139968;
IA = 3877;
IC = 29573;

function GenRandom(aLimit : longint): longint;
begin
Seed:=(Seed * IA + IC) mod IM;
if aLimit>0 then
Result:=Seed mod aLimit else
Result:=Seed;
end;

procedure GenRandomize;
begin
Seed:=GetTickCount mod IM;
end;

(that's all)

Seed := GetTickCount mod IM; and that will take values ranging from 0 to 139967. IA and IC are constants used in the formula and GetTickCount is a random number generator in FreePascal, I think so of (maybe number of milliseconds elapsed since Thursday January 1 1970, 12:00 midnight UTC?).
What happens when some of these constants have negative or fractional values? Then, whatever the result of the formula is, those values will be applied to the played game, isn't it?

--

Scrabble with mathematical equations is something that is open to people from all over the world and it is not restricted only to speakers of a specific language. So, is for Scrabble with Squares, Cubes, Triangular Numbers, etc. and so on, if players would be ever be able to make with all of types of their calculations in their own mind without aiming to seek help by making use of a calculator or a computer program.

In saved game files, for board layout:
0 corresponds to normal square, single letter score.
1 corresponds to double letter score.
2 corresponds to triple letter score.
3 corresponds to quadruple letter score.
4 corresponds to double word score.
5 corresponds to triple word score.
6 corresponds to quadruple word score.
7 corresponds to start square (not necessary that it would be always central square), double word square.
A corresponds to single letter score malus.
B corresponds to double letter score malus.
C corresponds to triple letter score malus.
D corresponds to quadruple letter score malus.

Saving a demo game and stopping starting a new game when one single demo game is completed can be obtained when a new game is started with all of players being computer players only, and not necessarily running a real time demo.
1 to 4 computer players can play in it. It is adjustable. Computer play is only available offline and not online. Further that best play and showing tiles of opponent players until game is completed is disabled if more than one human players also participate in the game, online or offline.
Demo can be used to test the flexibility of letter set, number of tiles in rack, number of jokers and number of randoms used in a game to be played for a specific enough language or mathematical dictionary.

Bussinchen Offline

28.06.2020 07:40
#55 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #53
(38) How about having a mobile app for Scrabble3D application? There does not exist one for it right now, isn't it? Anyway that it is not very much important enough for me at all, I am just asking about it only. It will be too much of work, and you cannot afford to pay to the developer, isn't it? I can also develop one if absolutely necessary, and if paid.

@Scotty - nur zur beiläufigen Kenntnisnahme:
siehe https://scrabble-talk.de/index.php?threa...D=8746#post8746
und https://scrabble-talk.de/index.php?threa...D=8747#post8747

@Raman: Scotty himself is the developer of Scrabble3D - a software that always has been free of charge, and playing on the Scrabble3D server as well.
Regarding your question about a mobile app for Scrabble3D, that discussion is not new.
See
- the discussion from 2011 in German language, please use Google translation: Scrabble3D für Smartphones
- the discussion from 2009 in German language, please use Google translation: Scrabble fürs Handy?
- the post from 2016 in English language: Scrabble3D on mobile devices
- the post from 2009 in German language: Scrabble3D und verschiedene Betriebssysteme (2)

Scotty Offline

Administrator

28.06.2020 09:25
#56 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

30-32: No, not possible
33: Yes, check for update automatically or "Now".
34: AFAIR there was a problem with the internal data format (values cannot go below zero) and it also makes not much sense
35: It just follows the 2D layout
36: don't remember; probably less intellectual with English A..Z+a..z = 48?
37: Sounds like a bug
38: see Bussinchen's reply (it requires coding from scratch)
39: -
40: nope, the random guarantees same distribution over network
41: :-) (at least for word bonus such a field makes no sense)

Bussinchen Offline

29.06.2020 14:38
#57 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #53
(38) How about having a mobile app for Scrabble3D application? There does not exist one for it right now, isn't it?

@Scotty - kindly note this comment by Vektor:

https://scrabble-talk.de/index.php?threa...D=8749#post8749

Raman Offline

09.07.2020 20:34
#58 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

[Issue] In the game course, only the last two digits are shown for the move number if it exceeds 100.

[Issue] Not sure whether this issue is only specific to my computer or if it is only specific to Windows 10 users or all of Windows users. For larger 2D boards and 3D boards, the saving process of writing to a file interrupts in the middle. It takes several attempts to write properly to a saved game file fully.
A few days ago I observed that after several saving attempts, it is only possible to attempt to save once every minute. After how many saving attempts will it happen and for how long will it last? Not sure whether it is a feature of Scrabble3D application or that of operating system. This might also be meaningless or something that has been imaginarily overlooked by me as resources used that are specific to my computer are not paid resources like bandwidth or computing power over something like web or cloud, that are shared by the other people as well.

[Bug] In Localization, the local version number is greater than available version number for some of the available languages. Is it fine?
Anyway that Localization is unimportant feature at least for me. It would be useful only for non-English speaking people.
Do you want to do Localization of Scrabble3D application by me in Tamil language as well? It can be done in Transifex, best generate set of strings at first by making use of Google Translate from English language to Tamil language. I can revise the wrong ones or ones that need improvement from there?
In my humble opinion, most of the Indian population speak English, especially the younger generation who mostly make use of computer. So, localization of Scrabble3D application in Tamil language might actually be unnecessary.

[Question] From the menu bar: Configuration → Settings → Rules → Load Tournament Rules. Is the letter set data that is used for the different languages stored in any specific folder within any user's personal computer? Is that folder also mentioned in configuration settings of Scrabble3D application? If so, how to find out that particular folder?
Desired letter set for 100 tiles for Tamil dictionary, Maths dictionary, English phonetic dictionary, etc. can be stored in and loaded from there, besides that of defining them in dictionary files and loading the letter set whenever the dictionary is loaded (or whenever Scrabble3D application is started).
By the way that desired letter set for 100 tiles for English phonetic dictionary is also not defined in dictionary file and that dictionary file is also not protected by its own author by making use of some key. It needs to be copied and pasted from this forum for 100 tiles or from Wikipedia page for Scrabble letter distribution with or without diphthongs for 100 tiles, or from frequency of each letter in the English phonetic dictionary for 1000 tiles and the same can be listed out by making use of a computer program.

[Important Question] Can you share me properly that algorithm in what sequence the tiles are picked from the bag based upon the random seed? I assume that you do not call the random function in FreePascal because the same set of tiles were received in my rack during my next turn when I loaded the saved game file more than once (of 15×15×15 Scrabble with perfect squares with 1000 tiles) and I am not even sure if there is type of random function available to call in FreePascal.
The tiles that were picked during my next turn did not even change when I placed a different tile of the same digit on the Scrabble board, when I loaded a saved game file. However the tiles that were received in my rack were different from that same turn of mine without loading the saved game file (in the tile picking sequence from the start of the played game based upon the random seed).
Are randoms (random tiles if they are included in the game), order in which players take their turns and order in which tiles are picked from the bag all dependent upon the random seed? If so, then what order do they follow with?
From the menu bar: Configuration → Settings → (Modus → Advanced) → Game → Rules → Options → Rules Options. What is sequence in that page? Is it the order in which players take their turns? What is the difference between randomized and alternating over there?

The game that I played with 3 other computer players as opponents, 15×15×15 Scrabble with perfect squares with 1000 tiles, crashed with the error message 'Access Violation' after playing 900 tiles. Luckily that I had saved the game just 3 turns before the crash occurred.
I tried my best to save the game with the latest board position, but due to some types of bugs in Scrabble3D application that would interrupt the saving process before writing to a file is completed fully, it would take several attempts before saving a game to a file properly. Unfortunately that the Scrabble3D application exited before any successful attempt of mine.
It is unpredictable when such types of crashes occur, so it would be best to save game during every turn of mine, after every round of play by the computer players as opponents. Unfortunately that due to some types of bugs in Scrabble3D application, it is impractical and it is good enough to save games to files occasionally.
Such types of issues would never practically occur in online games because latest board position of Scrabble game is saved in server after every move is made, so local copy needs to be stored only after game has ended or before the end of 14 day limit after the last move has been made in a complete or in an incomplete game. I suggest that you investigate furthermore about issues with saving games to files for offline games.
On May 10, 2020, another crash occurred with the following message of 'Not enough memory resources available to create new thread' when I was playing a game of English Scrabble with 1000 tiles in a 15×15×15 board with 3 other computer players as opponents. This could have been easily avoided by disabling multi-threading but that would slow down the performance of computer players as opponents at least by a factor of number of cores in my used CPU of my used computer. Both of these types of crashes have occurred in 3D games only, so games are important to be frequently saved when using 3D games to happily play and complete 3D games.

I have not touched that game for continuation from that point because I was not sure at that point of time whether same sequence of tiles would be received when I try to load the saved game file once again. Now that I am much more familiar with it and I have mentioned above what would happen in such cases.
Best would be to start a new game with that set up to happily start playing and complete that game or set up saved game file with the same random seed if it were ever possible to pick up the same sequence of tiles from the bag and to play the same sequence of moves right from the start of that game.
Theoretically, it might be possible to set up a saved game file with the same random seed to start from with, set up with all of the first round of player's racks in the saved game files manually if the tile picker algorithm is known from the random seed, set up starting score for all of the players as 0, set up an empty game history for sequence of played moves, set up game end as false and then loading that saved game file to invoke that same sequence of tile picking as it would be from the first move of that played game which was previously saved in the middle and in which the crash occurred after several rounds of all of player's turns from the save point.
Or if the game has to be continued from the last save point with the same set of tiles to be generated as they would be from sequence of starting a new game, then random seed could be adjusted if it were known by me how it would change based upon the tile picking algorithm. I assume that random seed that is generated at the start of a new game is always saved and written to game files actually.
All of these types of questions that can be answered by myself and saved game files can be planned and edited by me accordingly as per my own wishes if the algorithm in what sequence the tiles are picked from the bag based upon the random seed is known to me properly.

[Feature Suggestion] How about having an undo option in Scrabble3D application, at least when playing against computer players as all of opponents, which are available only offline and never online? I felt the need for it when I was playing a game of 45×45 Scrabble with perfect squares with 1000 tiles with 3 other computer players as opponents. I played a less scoring move in haste, missing out a high scoring move as a bingo. 546858225 at W6 vertically, instead of 4558225 at Z5 vertically. Please refer to the attached image of mine in my own next post in this thread always for furthermore information about this board position actually.
Theoretically, it might be possible to save the game at that point to a file and edit that file if algorithm for tile picking is known from the random seed. Random seed can also be modified to what it was at that point of game position to continue the same sequence of tile picking as it would be from the first move of that played game.
Is random seed constant throughout any played game? Or is random seed or some other variable generated by random seed varying after each tile is picked from the bag after any player has made a move that drives the sequence of tile picking throughout the game?
Can random seed be modified in a saved game file manually in the middle of a game and loading it so as to generate the same sequence of tile picking from the first move of that played game if the game had not been interrupted with? And will changing the random seed in a saved game file manually in the middle of a game and loading it generate a different sequence of tile picking?

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #56
36: don't remember; probably less intellectual with English A..Z+a..z = 48?

Greek letters are 24 in number. English letters are 26 in number. Russian letters are 33 in number. English letters make use of Latin Script, but other Western languages making use of Latin Script drop off some characters or make use of some accented characters. By dropping off some characters, I mean not entirely, but they might be used very rarely, probably only in some loanwords and not in part of regular letter set of that language.
Not necessarily. Roman numerals can be used instead of Greek letters along Z-axis and this option to switch between these two choices would be enabled only in the Scrabble3D application whenever 3D boards are made use of.
So maximum board size that can be permitted in Scrabble3D application can be 52×52 instead of 48×48 with Roman numerals compulsorily made to be used along Z-axis for board size between 49×49 and 52×52. And allowing extra board of size 51×51 to play with, given that board lengths of 3 (mod 6) are my favourite, with board lengths of 1 (mod 7) to guarantee with premium squares running from one end of the board to the other end entirely of each of them with a gap of 7 squares. So, board lengths of 15 (mod 42) are favourable at least for me, according to me. For example, 99×99 board with 5000 tiles.

So if Hindu-Arabic numerals are used along X-axis, Roman numerals are used along Y-axis and some other unlimited metric as a board co-ordinate count is used along Z-axis, then there needs to be no upper limit at all for the board length.
Or is it possible that you need to limit Roman numerals at least only at 3999, and given that there is no Roman numeral for 5000 and 4 M's are not allowed for Roman numeral for 4000? V with a bar above is the Roman numeral for 5000. And every bar above means that the Roman numeral listed below is multiplied by making use of a factor of 1000 only, and always actually.
How about restarting the sequence of alphabet starting from A after the last alphabet Z is encountered, switching between uppercase and lowercase during each round or not according to your own wishes?
How about continuing with AA after Z as is the case with most of the spreadsheets and workbooks that are available, both online and offline?

For many years and several personal reasons I have paid much money privately and out of my own pocket for the "Profi Tarif" for this forum (12 Euro every month), but some weeks ago I told Scotty that I will stop doing that now because last year my life situation has changed. When more than 250 people are registered as members in this forum, the Profi Tarif would go up to even 17 Euro per month. So I will terminate that agreement, and from August 2020 only files up to 2 MB size maximum can be attached to posts in this forum, and the overall web space for all the uploaded files will be limited. Some more features, like for example the Portal, will disappear as well, when nobody will pay money to the hoster any more.

The upper limit of file sizes that can be attached to any post in this forum, either for one single attached file or for all of the attached files does not apply to images as they are uploaded to another different website, addpics.com, also a German website, and then indirectly attached to any post in this forum from that website, either as an inline image or as a non-inline attachment.
Theoretically, it is possible to attach images as zip files or upload images as attached files directly in this forum, but what is the need for wasting space in this forum's website server storage space when those indirectly attached images can be beautifully displayed with any post when that they are uploaded to another different website, addpics.com, also a German website?

Not all of types of file attachment extensions are permitted in any post in this forum. Zipping is a good idea and serves a dual purpose, both compressing the size of one or more files that are zipped into one single file and also changing the attached file extension to one that is permitted in any post in this forum.
Some e-mail services do not allow sending zip files containing executables in them. And even if files of some other format including that of some other executable scripts are existing inside of them, not necessarily in the main directory, but also in any one of the single subdirectories over there. I am not sure about that case for any zip file attachments in any post in this forum. But it is worth noting that, in that case, it would be a good idea to at least rename the file name extension from, for example, zip to zip_not_txt, so as to fool the e-mail services or forum attachment engines for attachment verification bots, as all of these types of work would be only, and always actually done by making use of computer program automatically and never by making use of human persons checking out manually at all, as well.

Dateianlage:
Game.zip
Help.zip
Program.zip
Raman Offline

09.07.2020 21:38
#59 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

These are my designs of Scrabble boards 9×9, 27×27, 33×33, 39×39, 45×45 without any of the types of the malus squares that are included in them. Would you be interested to include them in Scrabble3D package?
I designed them by keeping in mind a balance of 4 timer, 6 timer, 8 timer, 9 timer, 12 timer, 16 timer and 18 timer word scores with a balance of double, triple and quadruple letter scores between two word scores and with a balance of two letter scores on either side of one word score.
Some other people can improve my design or come up with a new and different design if they would want to. They can take my design as a starting point if they would want to. It would be best if there were quintuple, sextuple, septuple letter score, word score and letter score malus in Scrabble3D application. I hope that at least they would be included in next release if anyone would be willing to work upon the source code of the Scrabble3D application, either in FreePascal or in C++.
It is even impossible to at least define such free multipliers in saved game files after generating a random seed manually, setting up with all of the first round of player's racks in the saved game files manually if the tile picker algorithm is known from the random seed, and then loading that saved game file.
In my own humble opinion, it would be best to make use of digits for letter scores, lowercase letters for word scores, uppercase letters for letter score malus, different symbols for a normal square and start square that would always be only a double word score, isn't it? This is in the board layout that would be ever defined in the any of the types of the saved games to SSG files for formats of extensions.

[Just kidding] Scrabble for the visually challenged. Cf. Standard Galactic Alphabet in Commander Keen Trilogy and its associated font in its corresponding page that is discussed in KeenWiki.

Scrabble with perfect squares is really thrilling. So would be Scrabble with triangular numbers. Both of these types of dictionaries, they should be worthy of a try by everyone all around the world and should not limited to any of types of communities of speaking a particular language.
Their density is good enough for a Scrabble game to be played, with equal distribution of each digit in the game, with no jokers and with no randoms. They can be played with 7 tiles or 8 tiles in the rack.
Based upon the frequency of each of the digits in the dictionary, the following are my points of each of the digit tiles, giving with more points to the furthermore and comparatively rarely used digits and giving with less points to the furthermore and comparatively frequently used digits: 0₃, 1₃, 2₃, 3₅, 4₂, 5₄, 6₂, 7₅, 8₄ and 9₄.
Attached over here are such sample games that I had played over the last few days with 33×33 board with 500 tiles, 45×45 board with 1000 tiles and 15×15×15 board with 1000 tiles, with 3 other computer players as opponents. All of them had been played with only 7 tiles in any player's rack at any one single turn of any one single player.
Just for information to other people whoever would be visiting this post and in this thread over here, attached inline images of mine in my own post 28 in this thread, Scrabble with perfect squares that had been played with 15×15 board with 100 tiles and 21×21 board with 200 tiles, with 1 other computer player as opponent. Both of them had been played with as much as 8 tiles in any player's rack at any one single turn of any one single player.

Attached images to any post in this forum that are not placed inline are automatically displayed and shown at the bottom of that post in this forum, isn't it? Not manually. Those that are uploaded as images to addpics.com website and then indirectly attached as images to that post in this forum.
It takes at least 5 posts for any newly registered user to this forum to post any links or attach any of types of inline images to any post in this forum, those that are uploaded as images to addpics.com website and then indirectly attached as images to that post in this forum.
|addpics|ubb-26-b1d8.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-27-35b7.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-28-d1fb.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-29-bc33.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2a-d987.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2b-011a.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2c-a977.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2d-6b81.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2e-97d5.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2f-0a08.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2g-5d14.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2h-9a27.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2i-1dc1.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2j-cacd.png-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

Raman Offline

10.07.2020 11:19
#60 RE: Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application. Zitat · Antworten

Just worthy of another crazy try:
If I were to compile Scrabble3D application directly from the source code, then what files need to be modified if I ever wanted to remove the upper limit of 48 on the board length (or at least change that to, say 100)? Where is FreePascal compiler available on the web and that should be suitable to compile the source code of the Scrabble3D application.
I have played enough by adjusting configuration settings to different values, generating custom dictionaries with the Scrabble3D applications. It is right now high time for me to play by modifying the source code also.

English Scrabble of 63×63 board with 2000 tiles is my next target and my ultimate nightmare. Also that I can write my own computer program right from the entire scratch to do so with. But what is the point of overlap of work? I can write completely customizable Chess game, Go game or Clue game instead with setting up of my own server for human versus human online playable network games.
Or just if I were to keep the current version of Scrabble3D application as such, would it work out properly if I were to modify a saved game file to set the board size to 63, change the board layout accordingly to a 63×63 square grid, generate a value of random seed, set up with all of the first round of player's racks in that saved game file manually if the tile picker algorithm is known from the random seed, and then loading that saved game file?

What would happen to Latin script alphabetical board co-ordinates along Y-axis for values beyond 52? Will it give an error message or will it display as a blank co-ordinate without giving an error message? If it were to give an error message, what type of error message would it give?
What would happen to Greek script alphabetical board co-ordinates along Z-axis for values beyond 48 for 3D boards, if Roman numerals for board co-ordinates along Z-axis are not enabled? In source code file of uscrabble.pas for Scrabble3D application, I saw that you had defined Greek script alphabet string of length 48 and Latin script alphabet string of length 52.

Even if one single English Scrabble game of 63×63 board with 2000 tiles is successfully set up, played and saved after completing it, then the same board size and same board layout can be used for future games by loading that same saved game file. If attached here in any post in this forum, other people can also make use of it from this forum. I mean, that is in a zip file, as SSG file extensions and file formats are not supported to be directly uploaded and attached here. Images of such games would be only for reference purposes of other people whoever would be willing to view my threads in this forum, and it would not be useful for other people to make use of it from this forum.
For such board sizes, games are only of theoretical interest to me. As magnifying glass would be always needed to view the extremely tiny letters placed on the board. Accessibility wizard that is available in computer in Windows operating system might be needed to play such games as if it were for people with vision issues, or board can be always zoomed while playing in Scrabble3D application by itself, with the zooming point moving around throughout the entire board for playing in different parts of the board as the game progresses with. Computer performance would slow down a bit, and that is for computer players as opponents, and not to the level of 3D boards, I mean. Computer players as opponents would take longer time to play a move as the game progresses with, and that would further slow down as the Scrabble board nears more and more towards saturation entirely, furthermore as the Scrabble board nears to be filled up throughout with tiles completely.

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz