Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 52 Antworten
und wurde 3.549 mal aufgerufen
 Design
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apollonius Offline

28.05.2011 18:57
#31 RE: Themes Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen
Dear Apollonius,

let me tell you that I really love your innovative thinking, and your flower garden Scrabble board as well!
Before you joined us in our forum, I never had imagined any Scrabble board design in these terms!

Thank you! I hope I can think up some more new terms!

Zitat von Scotty
[...] you placed different grasses on the floor, that wouldn't be possible.

Zitat von Bussinchen
Of course not yet, but hopefully in the future! I must say that I prefer the different grass pictures, because the board looks more natural. IMHO repeated texture units are boring and above all they are not suitable for real Loren Hall themes in Natural Painting style which I am looking forward to. That's what I meant when I said that users should chose whole presets for different themes, not customize their boards themselves - because chosing n x n different textures for all the squares of the n x n Scrabble board would be too intricate for the users. At least all single texture units for the squares of the board foreground (currently choosable field colors) should be merged to one picture that will cover the whole board. I know that there is a problem for the 2D view of Classic Scrabble, Superscrabble, individually customized board sizes like 17 x 17 for the italian Scarabeo and other personalized boards. Maybe it could be possible for the program to create field units itself by segmenting one big picture for the whole board before loading it. So the same picture has to be segmented in 15 x 15 units for a Classic Scrabble, in 17 x 17 units for a Scarabeo board, in 21 x 21 units for the Scuperscrabble board and in n x n units for any indivudually customized board. That means that we should not compose the board by using different small textures, but load one picture for the whole board foreground. I am aware of the programming problems, because just now this is absolutely not possible. But it would be nice to have this possibility.

Well, considering one of the OTHER projects I was working on, I have to agree:

I know that's STILL not my artwork (it's basically just a re-vamp of the old Greek theme), but that is the 3rd project I was working on, I swear! So yes, that is another vote for having a solid image as a background for a board! I hope that might be possible one day!

Zitat von Apollonius
Would this mean that once I made the skin, it could not be altered or further customized by anyone? If I, say, chose the white flower to represent the 4xletter space for the skin, would people be able to change that? I was rather hoping that people could go to the part of the program designed to assign colors for premium spaces, and find a button for "import texture" or "browse for texture" there...

Zitat von Bussinchen
Well, I think in principle both solutions could be possible, but you know, all config files need to be stored in the config directory (you can open the config directory, if you click on the button with the three little points when you open the dialogue by selecting Configuration > Settings > Game Options > tab Options). If you have many different themes or skins for Scrabble3D, that means that you will have plenty of files in your config directory and then it could be hard to chose the right file for the right square. So maybe the alternative offering a pulldown menu with theme presets would be easier to handle for the user.

I can understand the desire to make all aspects of the skin into one package, totally...I just think it would be EXTRA UBER nice for users to be able to make their own, if they are so inclined! I already have my textures labeled according to the skin that they go with. For instance, all of the premium tiles for the "grass" skin are titled "grass - red", "grass - blue", etc. This would help users to choose the parts of the skin that go with the one they want to use, but also allow people to switch them around. Some will look funny on other skins (like the flowers the way they are presently), but other combinations might look nice! Is there no way to divide the config folder into smaller folders (one for each skin theme)?

[EDIT] Oh and about 3D Scrabble...I have to admit that I have only played it once. I loved it, but I've been trying to work this out in 2D terms so far. Do you think it might be possible to have both 2D and 3D skins, that were mutually exclusive? I'd hate to have to do that, but...is there another way? Maybe I would need to edit the 2D skin to better suit 3D play, resulting in 2 versions of each skin?

Bussinchen Offline

28.05.2011 19:26
#32 RE: Themes Zitat · Antworten

Hello Apollonius!

I really appreciate what you are doing, and I do love the new marble-gem-style of the board! We all can see that it would be ugly to have only one boring marble unit for one square that is repeated n x n times with the same pattern in order to cover the whole board foreground. So I really advise and beg Scotty to find out a programming solution that makes possible what I said before about segmenting one big picture into n x n smaller and different units for the n x n sized board foreground! If Scotty decides against programming this new alternative, I think it is a waste of time to continue designing new beautiful themes/skins for our Scrabble3D board. IMHO it is absolutely a must to have that possibility!

Zitat von Apollonius
I can understand the desire to make all aspects of the skin into one package, totally...I just think it would be EXTRA UBER nice for users to be able to make their own, if they are so inclined! I already have my textures labeled according to the skin that they go with. For instance, all of the premium tiles for the "grass" skin are titled "grass - red", "grass - blue", etc. This would help users to choose the parts of the skin that go with the one they want to use, but also allow people to switch them around. Some will look funny on other skins (like the flowers the way they are presently), but other combinations might look nice! Is there no way to divide the config folder into smaller folders (one for each skin theme)?

I don't know if it will be possible to divide the config folder into smaller folders, one for each skin theme. In principle, everything is possible in programming, so actually the question is, if Scotty would be constrained to alterate too many parts of his source code, which would be too laborious. Let's wait and see what he will answer later on.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Apollonius Offline

28.05.2011 19:45
#33 RE: Themes Zitat · Antworten

Oh yes, I agree, and I hope I didn't come across as pushy! I just had already been working on that...it was almost done! That's why I included it.

I will just work on the other style for a while.

Bussinchen Offline

28.05.2011 19:58
#34 RE: Themes Zitat · Antworten

Oh no, Polly, I like your way of playing a part of this Open Source Scrabble3D project. Please go on and show us what you can accomplish!

Let me hereby say it quite clearly:
I wish to get your themes implemented in Scrabble3D. Our sexy Exy really needs some beautiful clothes!
She needs some beautiful dresses for the afternoon cocktail party, and she needs some really sophisticated Haute Couture dresses for evening gala events...

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

29.05.2011 11:18
#35 RE: Themes: include icons? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
In my vision a skin will be a collection of tiles that are used for board background (choosable color currently), board foreground (currently choosable field colors) and piece texture (which can be set in the current release as well). [...] All textures should be merged into something that would be accessible like dictionaries or language. We could discuss if icons should be added to this collection or not.

That might be a nice idea. Why not?

I OpenSource!

Apollonius Offline

29.05.2011 17:05
#36 RE: Themes: include icons? Zitat · Antworten

I am in favor of icons being included, in spite of the fact that I will be working harder!

I like the little touches that really set a skin apart. And if you can customize it in a skin, then why not do so?

I have never made icons like this, so I'm not sure what will happen...but I will try! I have made a 16bit RPG before, so maybe the tiny graphics experience will help?

Bussinchen Offline

29.05.2011 20:52
#37 RE: Themes: include icons? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Apollonius
I am in favor of icons being included, in spite of the fact that I will be working harder!
[...] I have never made icons like this, so I'm not sure what will happen...but I will try!

@Apollonius:

I OpenSource!

Gero Offline

29.05.2011 22:47
#38 RE: Themes: include icons? Zitat · Antworten

I also like the marble-gem-style of your board. This skin looks amazing and does not distract the player from playing scrabble - quite the contrary! If Scotty agrees to my opinion: is there a chance to design the tiles of the letters in the same style?

Gero

Download: Geros Superdic, was sonst! | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | ... und im übrigen bin ich der Meinung, dass Wordfinder beim online-Spiel pfui sind!

Bussinchen Offline

29.05.2011 23:03
#39 RE: Themes: include icons? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Gero
is there a chance to design the tiles of the letters in the same style?

In my opinion this will be absolutely possible in the future, because textures have already been implemented in 3D; so why not in 2D, too?
Marble tiles, gem tiles, wow!
Finally our sexy Exy *) will get precious jewelry, too!
She will be so beautiful, our Exy!

-------------------------

*) Sexy Exy = Scrabble3D.exe (= the program Scrabble3D) ;-)

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

29.05.2011 23:06
#40 RE: Textures in 3D, too Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
What should happen with 3D cube? Should textures applied there as well?

Yes, if you can make textures semitransparent, dear Scotty wizard...

I OpenSource!

Apollonius Offline

30.05.2011 08:31
#41 Themes: gem tiles Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Gero
I also like the marble-gem-style of your board. This skin looks amazing and does not distract the player from playing scrabble - quite the contrary! If Scotty agrees to my opinion: is there a chance to design the tiles of the letters in the same style?

Gero

Thanks a lot, and I hope so!

And actually...now that you mention it...

I was just experimenting with a few textures there. It would be so cool if there were, say, a group of 6-8 tile textures that were chosen at random. LOL! I'm getting way ahead of myself here. :p Just thinking out loud. There are SO MANY possibilities as far as stone tiles to go with a marble skin! Tiger eye, opals (like above), moss agates (also as above), corals (also as above), snowflake obsidian, onyx, bloodstone, hematite...the list is almost endless.

Gero Offline

30.05.2011 08:54
#42 RE: Themes: gem tiles Zitat · Antworten

WOW!!!

Gero

Download: Geros Superdic, was sonst! | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | ... und im übrigen bin ich der Meinung, dass Wordfinder beim online-Spiel pfui sind!

Bussinchen Offline

30.05.2011 08:55
#43 RE: Themes: gem tiles Zitat · Antworten

Very nice!

Remember:

We can use up to 4 different user colors and we can mark by different colors the last moves! (Configuration > Settings > Design --> check boxes in the right part of the dialogue). We must keep that in mind, too...

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

30.05.2011 09:04
#44 RE: Themes: gem tiles Zitat · Antworten

As we know, our wizard Scotty intends to create a 3D relief in the 2D view, too - that's what OpenGL means...

All together, OpenGL in 2D + Apollonius' marble-gem-theme, will give an amazing result, I swear!

-----------------

PS: The 3D cube is already realized in OpenGL!

I OpenSource!

Apollonius Offline

30.05.2011 15:42
#45 RE: Themes: gem tiles Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen
Very nice!

Remember:

We can use up to 4 different user colors and we can mark by different colors the last moves! (Configuration > Settings > Design --> check boxes in the right part of the dialogue). We must keep that in mind, too...

Oh yeah! Good point! And I hope so!

Thanks again, to both of you!

[EDIT] Oh and yes, I too would LOVE to see a 3D board and tiles, even in 2D Scrabble!

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz