Beta 21 has just been uploaded. It has a lot of improvements including use of standard path. I implemented a function that helps to move user data into the new location. Beta 21 is the last beta release, and with patch level 22 an installer will be used. To make autoupdate possible one should have beta 21 running. To enforce update the game server has got a new level so beta 20 cannot connect anymore.
Program status has been changed from "beta" to "productive/stable". From now on, updates will be called a patch. If all works as intended, users with at least version 21 can wait for autoupdate. Updater installs the program now in the appropriate folder and creates a link in the task menu.
* More game rules (Cambio Secco, penalty if one run out time, non-mandatory add/substract of letters left) * Synchronization of dictionaries and categories in network mode; versions are compared as well * Statistics (count/duration of games, best values etc.) * Options for right to left reading; Integration of Persian und Hebrew (dictinaries are available thank Linhart and Bussinchen) * Several bugfixes (in particular crash should be fixed if someone logs in or out)
Patch release is scheduled for next Saturday, 2011/09/10. All stored games on server will be lost and local files cannot be read anymore. I apologize but promise some awesome new features as compensation.
New release v27 is available for download, just let the auto updater work.
* bug fixes * new letter sets * licence changed to GPL.
I added a Linux Qt 64bit version for friends of KDE. Debian and RPM packages are available as QScrabble-x86_64. Qt versions need libQt4pas. If your distribution doesn't contain it, you can download libqt4pas.tar.gz and extract files to /usr/lib/.
I'm proud to announce the best Scrabble3D of all time - so far.
* Extended configuration assistant * Improved UI * Better bidirectional support * Auto updater works with manually downloaded files * Internationalization of rules * Option to configure fields with malus * Last but not least a lot of bugfixes
* Support of translation in po format * Translation may contain multiple plurals * Server can send emails on new messages or own move * Wallpaper in 2D view * Catalan was integrated * Assistant's layout is more clearly now
It's been a long time, but finally Scrabble3D got a major update.
* Board in OpenGL graphics with user-definable wavefront model The board has a (adjustable) perspective, there is light and shadow, and pieces are elevated. And you can configure it as you want by using your own 3D model. You don't like this fancy stuff? Just switch it off; all legacy graphics have been preserved.
* What-if variant With this optional feature you can change one of your pieces into a joker (I call it jokerization). But you have to score with at least points as a bingo/Scrabble count - usually 50 points, which can be set individually now.
* New configuration The dialog is completely revamped. It provides easy access to the most relevant settings, but has an advanced mode too that shows all configurations.
* Fast, safe, reliable Numerous bugs are fixed, some procedures are faster, and no crashes anymore, hopefully.
Unless localization is updated you will get error messages about wrong formatting. Unfortunately, we don't have translators for French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish. Finnish, Slovak, and Greek are missing too. And Irish is not finished yet. You are welcome to help; follow the localization link to Transifex at the program's help menu.
- Bug fixes concerning whitespace in xml config - Default view is 2D (OpenGL is still available) - Config dictionary got a link to word check mode - Minimum width for panels in main window - Turkish defaults