Some folks wish to use a time control. This feature has been implemented in version 3.0.6. You can specify the time per move as min:sec (only if game is running). Time control will not affect computers move. If network is active, the given value is transmitted to other players that can accept or reject similar to dialog for a new word. A new value can be requested by each player at any time. The new value is activated after click on next player. The count down is fed back in the progress bar. If you run out of time the next player is activated without any request. Users with an old program version can be ask for time control and may answer correctly but will recieve an "unknown message" afterwards. The player that requested time control will not be informed about that incompatibility but time control will be activated - of course on his game only.
* time control will stop if network players are ask to accept words (3.0.7) * time control options are saved to ini file (3.0.7) * bugfix for multiplication of letters in network mode * hints in options completed
There is a "nightly built" Christmas Edition available, that can handle jokers. Please refer to the german discussion forum, section Joker, to download a copy. Since it has to be revised its not a regular upgrade and will not be added to the Internet Update procedure. Happy holidays!
Available for download at sourceforge.net or by the new IUpdate 1.1.
* colored last player (try player<1..4>.bmp to customise) * player names in statusbar * dialogs configurable * right click on new letters * new letter set "deutsch (klassisch)" * random letter (adds some random letters to choosen set) * reset on right click of new placed letters * some bugfixes * adapted german translation
Version 3.0.15 is available for download at sourceforge.net or by the new IUpdate 1.1.
* improved new-words dialog with input for meaning * squeeze mode for stones * randomized player sequence * assignment for bitmaps by dialog * indication of least letters optional * time in h:min * own turn message * time as countdown * coordinats outside * statistics updated consecutively * bugfixes
Version 3.0.16 is available for download at sourceforge.net or by the new IUpdate 1.1.
* Game history can be browsed * Letters of Computer player can be hidden * game can be paused after a move (letters are hidden until resume) * font size can be adjusted in chat window * correct changing of letters * more and improved messages * some bugfixes
* options for games with tournament rules * option for computer search by minimum value * display of game history in main window; replay of single moves * enhanced statistics * enhanced display of letters left * several bugs corrected
New features: + search function + customizable charset + customizable aggressive/strategic AI + more features for AI (joker, minimum result) + new dictionary structure with categories (downward compatible)
Revised: * statistics: tabulator according to number of players * game course: shown data * messages mtNextPlayer, mtOwnPlayer separated * message if joker was exchanged
Bugfixes: * first entry of dictionary * correct search by number of letters * exchange compliant to rules * game end after 2x passes * clock stopped on loading of a finished game * joker are placed forced on game end
Scrabble 3D v3.1; 2009/08/13 first open beta release
Main new features: * runs natively on Linux and Windows * support of non-latin languages and charsets (i.e. cyrillic letters) * multithreading makes the computer much faster on multi core CPU * variable boards including Classic Scrabble, Superscrabble and 3D-Scrabble * brwosing through game course with the possibilty of post-hoc computing a move the selected move is shown and the computer calculates the best it would found
What works: * setup game: boardstyle, size, field type, dimension etc. * configuration: a lot of options can be adjusted * play game against other lokal players (hotseat mode) and against the computer * all scrabble rules are checked * loading and saving a game
Not implemented: * networking * time limit * special rules * meaning hint at the 2D view * bonus description at 2D view * if the AI doesn't find a valid word it should exchange letters -> not implemnted * context sensitive help * about dialog ;-) * functions for disabled people (usage of key instead mouse)
Known Bugs: * error "context activation failed" if AI is working multithreaded an 3D view is changed (zoom, turn...) * error "check synchronization" if Win_32bit version is run on W7_64bit with mutlithreading