Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten
und wurde 848 mal aufgerufen
 Scottish Gaelic - Gàidhlig
Bussinchen Offline

05.09.2011 02:20
Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Dear akerbeltzalba!

In Scrabble3D, we have an Assistant (see Menu Information) which helps users to make their first configuration steps after having downloaded and installed the program.

I don't know if Scotty intends to implement default settings for Scottish-Gaelic and Irish in this Assistant, too.

If he will do it, it would be a good idea to think about which settings you would like to get implemented as default settings for Scottish-Gaelic games.

In my table (in German) you will find the settings we are talking about:
Internationale Spielregeln im Vergleich

Cheers, Bussinchen

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

akerbeltzalba Offline

05.09.2011 12:18
#2 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for reminding me.

I had mentioned this to Scotty who said he was "thinking about it". The default settings for Scottish Gaelic should be the same as for British English, as most Gaelic speakers will be familiar with these.

We may eventually tweak these with feedback from the community for it's a good starting point, as we don't have a board version

Scotty Offline

Administrator

05.09.2011 12:37
#3 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

So I'll just copy all English settings, okay?

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

akerbeltzalba Offline

05.09.2011 12:53
#4 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Yes please.

Bussinchen Offline

05.09.2011 16:26
#5 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

-->-->-->

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

08.09.2011 19:41
#6 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von akerbeltzalba
The default settings for Scottish Gaelic should be the same as for British English, as most Gaelic speakers will be familiar with these.

Let me remind you: Even if I have specified the English US rules and the British rules in my table of which you find an updated version on Comparison of International Scrabble Rules in Scrabble3D now, Scrabble3D has only one default setting for English, and that is not the British one, but the American one, as far as I know.

British and American rules differ only in one point: that is "Treat Exchange As Pass".
"Add Remaining Letters" is not specified in British rules.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

28.07.2012 23:44
#7 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen
Let me remind you: Even if I have specified the English US rules and the British rules in my table of which you find an updated version on Comparison of International Scrabble Rules in Scrabble3D now, Scrabble3D has only one default setting for English, and that is not the British one, but the American one, as far as I know.

British and American rules differ only in one point: that is "Treat Exchange As Pass".
"Add Remaining Letters" is not specified in British rules.

In his test version 27c (11th july 2012) Scotty has finally separated American rules from British rules and implemented them both!

As we are used to saying in German: Besser spät als nie!

I OpenSource!

akerbeltzalba Offline

29.07.2012 03:12
#8 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Good news indeed! Sorry for being a bit quiet lately, I'm having a really busy summer localizing for a multinational whom I won't name but who has interesting work schedules

Bussinchen Offline

29.07.2012 16:31
#9 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

No problem, dear akerbeltzalba!

But: I think that you still prefer the British rules for Scottishgaelic games, or would you prefer the American rules anyway?

Since Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom, British rules may be more familiar to Scottishgaelic Scrabble3D players than US rules, aren't they?

I OpenSource!

akerbeltzalba Offline

02.08.2012 00:07
#10 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

That's right... so if either US or UK can be set as a default, then the UK one is better.

Bussinchen Offline

02.08.2012 00:21
#11 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

OK! British rules (UK) for Scottishgaelic games, yeah!

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

11.08.2012 03:08
#12 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Please see

• my post #4 on Official Rules: WESPA website vs. ABSP website vs. NASPA website
and
• my post #1 on Official Rules: WESPA website vs. ABSP website vs. NASPA website

Thanks!

On http://www.absp.org.uk/index.shtml we read:
Members are reminded that, from January (i.e. 2012), all ABSP-rated events are played to WESPA rules v2

So I think that we should applicate WESPA rules http://www.wespa.org/rules/RulesV2nov11.pdf in Scottishgaelic games as well.

I OpenSource!

akerbeltzalba Offline

13.08.2012 03:31
#13 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Errr ok if you think so I agree :) I'm not that great on the nuances of these rules and I'll gladly take guidance on what the pros think is best.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Bussinchen Offline

13.08.2012 06:32
#14 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Pros? - I don't know, dear akerbeltzalba, if I am, if we are. But I have read the web page of the official Scrabble Associations and I saw that Britsh Scrabble Players now follow the WESPA rules when they are playing in tournaments. I hope that their web page is up to date!
I think they are the pros...

Thanks!

I OpenSource!

akerbeltzalba Offline

04.09.2012 02:11
#15 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Scottish-Gaelic? Zitat · Antworten

Sounds good to me, thanks for looking into it :)

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz