I am a romanian scrabble player and i try to adapt your program to my language. I receive a lot of errors in the moment the computer search the dictionary for new move. I create a new dictionary file from the english one with my word list. I use the special letter set adapted with my letter character set. In my language do not exist K, Q, W tiles, i put 0/0 in cont and values, but in dictionary there are words with this characters to be used with Jokers. Could this situation generate the errors? The program know to use non existent letters that are find in dictionary?
Zitat von playez1. I receive a lot of errors in the moment the computer search the dictionary for new move.
2. I create a new dictionary file from the english one with my word list. I use the special letter set adapted with my letter character set. In my language do not exist K, Q, W tiles, I put 0/0 in count and values, but in dictionary there are words with these characters to be used with Jokers. Could this situation generate the errors?
3. The program knows to use non existent letters that are found in dictionary?
1. Before we can answer to your question, we must know which kind of errors occur! Please tell us more details. Could you show us the header of your dic-file? If the header is not correct, maybe errors occur. The header should be something like this:
[Header] Version=100001 Author=playez StandardCategory=Lista Oficiala de Cuvinte (LOC 5) Licence=GNU General Public License, any commercial use is prohibited. Release=07/09/2011 Comment=LOC 5, Lista Oficiala de Cuvinte, admise în competitiile de scrabble desfasurate sub egida F.R. Scrabble [Words] AA AAA AALENIAN AALENIANA AALENIANUL AALENIANULUI AALENIENE ... ...
2. Actually not. If you have configured well your letter set, this should not produce errors. If you have added correctly for example the letter K 0 0 into your letter set, words with K should be found in your list when you have a joker on your rack.
3. What do you mean? If you have added for example the letter K with Count 0 and Value 0, this means that the letter K will never appear on your rack (= count 0), but it will appear in the little window where you must chose the letter for the joker when placing a blank tile on the board. In this case words with K will be found in your word list.
If you have diacritic signs like accents in your list, however, those words will not be found, because you don't have added any letters with accents in your letter set, I suppose. So you should eliminate all the accents (and other diacritics) in your word list.
I disabled multithreaded, i found a errors in my tiles set (there was only 98 tiles in settings) and after, all looks good. It newer give errors in searching dictionary. My dictionary was based as you find later, on LOC5, so there are no accents and diacritics in list. Look how i see the words list in my romanian.dic: [Words] NXg= NXgN NXgAPB55NQo= NXgAPB55NQo1 NXgAPB55NQohdQ== NXgAPB55NQohdRkw NXgAPB55MQox NXgAPB55MQoxcA== NXgAPB55MQoxdQk= NXgAPB55MQoxdQMr NXgAPB55MQo9 NXgAPB55MQo9cA==
Program works good, but characters are somehow coded.
Scrabble3D can read ASCII but saves encrypted (dictionary is saved on exit after changes). So "NXgAPB55NQo=" could be something like "ABACUS". It takes much more time to compute a move if multithreading is off. With Linux I never have any problem with multithreading but maybe Windows handles some stuff different. If you or someone else really have too much trouble it should get fixed. Nevertheless, these bugs are not related to menu language.