Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 22 Antworten
und wurde 1.848 mal aufgerufen
 About the code, compilation and debugging
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

05.05.2012 02:59
#16 RE: segmentation fault when placing 2nd letter on ubuntu 11.10 Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von jose1711
ok, my bad. anyway, i downloaded ver. 3.1.0 (patch 26g, Test-Scrabble3D-i386.tar.gz) and have already been able to reproduce crash during initial letter placement. also, many times the buttons are just unresponsive.

I have made tests with v26g in Ubuntu 11.04 64bit with Gnome in my VirtualBox guest under the host OS Win7 and in Ubuntu 11.04 32bit with Gnome as main OS on my Laptop, and I did not get the errors reported by jose1711.

Nevertheless I've got other errors, but they were the same as before: the "witch stairs" (64bit) and no letters at all in the cube (32bit):

[geschlossen] v26d vom 2012-04-06: Je nach Betriebssystem Fehler bei Anzeige der Buchstaben im Würfel

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

jose ( Gast )
05.05.2012 08:11
#17 RE: segmentation fault when placing 2nd letter on ubuntu 11.10 Zitat · Antworten

thank you for reporting. are you planning to run the tests on 12.04 as well? jose

Bussinchen Offline

05.05.2012 11:53
#18 RE: segmentation fault when placing 2nd letter on ubuntu 11.10 Zitat · Antworten

I don't have Ubuntu 12.04 installed in my VirtualBox, and for different reasons I have not upgraded my Ubuntu 11.04 to 12.04. Should I do it? But then my 11.04 would be lost for ever...

Mayby I should install much more Virtual Machines in my VB, in order to be able to make more tests with Scrabble3D in different versions of Ubuntu and different Linux distributions as well. But I have not planned to do that just now because of lack of time and many other incurred liabilities (that mostly also have something to do with Scrabble3D ).

So that means that I will not run more tests in Ubuntu 12.04 just now.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Scotty Offline

Administrator

05.05.2012 20:28
#19 Errors with Ubuntu Zitat · Antworten

My report about tests with the scourge of humanity: Ubuntu.

I setup Ubuntu from 12.4-iso into a vbox with 2GB Ram.

It doesn't matter if latest patches or vb guest extensions are installed. I don't want to do much more investigations. I guess something is incompatible with Ubuntu's gtk2 libs and my compiler. If someone finds a solution, tell us. Perhaps it runs better with a normal installation.

Meanwhile, use a better distribution or try the windows version with emulation.

PS: cf. Scrabble3D unter Linux Ubuntu 11.04 mit graphischer Oberfläche Unity

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

05.05.2012 23:04
#20 RE: Errors with Ubuntu Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
Meanwhile, use a better distribution or try the windows version with emulation.

Which one would you recommend?

Which desktop environment did you use during your tests, Scotty? The old Gnome or Ubuntu's new Unity? I guess Unity because you talk about that "fancy sidebar"...

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

06.05.2012 00:11
#21 RE: Errors with Ubuntu Zitat · Antworten

About Linux distributions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...x_distributions
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

The desktop manager (Unity, Gnome2/3, KDE, LXDE, XFCE etc.) is not necessarily related with a specific distribution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_manager

I did run my tests with plain Ubuntu installation, i.e. Unity.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Scotty Offline

Administrator

06.05.2012 13:53
#22 RE: Errors with Ubuntu Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von plusplus @ Lazarus forum
Lazarus and any Laz created app does not work with Ubuntu 11.10, the problem is, the mouse seems not be able to click on forms, editor, edit, memo etc to set focus.

The only way currently you can use Laz and Laz created apps without any problems on Ubuntu 11.10 is

1. Remove Taskbar Menu
http://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linu...untu-11-10-tip/

2. Remove new scrollbar
http://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linu...untu-11-04-tip/

I will have a look at the source and maybe we can come up with a fix asap.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

11.05.2012 15:33
#23 RE: Errors with Ubuntu Zitat · Antworten

Removing scrollbars solves many problems. I can interact with dialogs and I'm able to place more than one letter. Wrong transparency in 3D is still a problem.

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz