Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 295 mal aufgerufen
 Questions about server and network games
Francesco Offline

02.12.2020 21:25
Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Hi all,

I have installed Scrabble3D a Windows and a Ubuntu based system. On both systems, I have the same issue: when I try to connect to the game server, no server is displayed in the field "Select the game server...". As well, I cannot join a game over a direct connection.

Of course both my PCs are connected to the internet.

Do you have any solution for that?

Many thanks!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.12.2020 10:06
#2 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

The info about available servers (just one) is taken from a small text file, downloaded from Sourceforge.net. This files provides also update information, meaning you can force the download per Configuration > Settings > (o) Advanced > Options: Network > Check for updates: Now. Make sure the file can be stored locally.

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Francesco ( Gast )
12.12.2020 18:58
#3 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Hello Scotty, thank you. The problem is that it does not even check for updates, as the PC were not connected to the internet (of course, it is: it's the same PC from which I am writing now, and I have also tried from different networks from my home-network).

Could I download this software manually from Sourceforge.net?

katjob ( Gast )
12.12.2020 22:05
#4 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

i have the same problem too. No update, no server available.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.12.2020 09:58
#5 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Sure, download the software and distribute as you like. But for playing network games you need a connection - either in your local network or connected to the scrabble server.

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Francesco Offline

16.12.2020 18:23
#6 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Problem solved. What have I done? Nothing. But now the Free International Server is back.

Gast
30.01.2022 14:47
#7 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Hi, I tried all the things but it still shows no server at Windows 10. Do you have any solution?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.02.2022 09:46
#8 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Sourceforge.net blocks the download of files via software, you have to go through the "ads wall". Download the file version.conf from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/ manually and move it to the configuration directory. There is a shortcut to this folder under Options > Network. See also http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Network

edm89 ( Gast )
02.04.2022 16:25
#9 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #8
Sourceforge.net blocks the download of files via software, you have to go through the "ads wall". Download the file version.conf from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/ manually and move it to the configuration directory. There is a shortcut to this folder under Options > Network. See also http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Network

Did the above. Server Free International still does not display. I've tried to upload a screenshot of what I see when I click the icon for "Start/End Network Game." Using a new laptop with Windows 11

Angefügte Bilder:
Screenshot (1).png  
Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.04.2022 11:09
#10 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Gast im Beitrag #9
... screenshot of what I see when I click the icon for "Start/End Network Game

This looks terrible! The new version will solve the visual glitches.

Meanwhile, the clue is to pick the server in the first dropdown control- there is only one entry. If you cannot pick anything here, meaning the dropdown is empty, the configuration is missing. Try to manually enter the following in the file Scrabble3D.conf [1]:

<CONFIG> 
<Network>
<Servers Count="1">
<f0 Name="Free International Scrabble3D Server" Address="scrabble3d.ignorelist.com"/>
</Servers>
</Network>

CONFIG and Network should be there, and the server entry needs to be located at the node.

[1] It's located at the user directory- you can open this folder in your file browser with the program, see http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Network

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz