Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 13 Antworten
und wurde 711 mal aufgerufen
 Questions about server and network games
Francesco Offline

02.12.2020 21:25
Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Hi all,

I have installed Scrabble3D a Windows and a Ubuntu based system. On both systems, I have the same issue: when I try to connect to the game server, no server is displayed in the field "Select the game server...". As well, I cannot join a game over a direct connection.

Of course both my PCs are connected to the internet.

Do you have any solution for that?

Many thanks!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.12.2020 10:06
#2 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

The info about available servers (just one) is taken from a small text file, downloaded from Sourceforge.net. This files provides also update information, meaning you can force the download per Configuration > Settings > (o) Advanced > Options: Network > Check for updates: Now. Make sure the file can be stored locally.

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Francesco ( Gast )
12.12.2020 18:58
#3 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Hello Scotty, thank you. The problem is that it does not even check for updates, as the PC were not connected to the internet (of course, it is: it's the same PC from which I am writing now, and I have also tried from different networks from my home-network).

Could I download this software manually from Sourceforge.net?

katjob ( Gast )
12.12.2020 22:05
#4 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

i have the same problem too. No update, no server available.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.12.2020 09:58
#5 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Sure, download the software and distribute as you like. But for playing network games you need a connection - either in your local network or connected to the scrabble server.

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Francesco Offline

16.12.2020 18:23
#6 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Problem solved. What have I done? Nothing. But now the Free International Server is back.

Gast
30.01.2022 14:47
#7 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Hi, I tried all the things but it still shows no server at Windows 10. Do you have any solution?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.02.2022 09:46
#8 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Sourceforge.net blocks the download of files via software, you have to go through the "ads wall". Download the file version.conf from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/ manually and move it to the configuration directory. There is a shortcut to this folder under Options > Network. See also http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Network

edm89 ( Gast )
02.04.2022 16:25
#9 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #8
Sourceforge.net blocks the download of files via software, you have to go through the "ads wall". Download the file version.conf from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/ manually and move it to the configuration directory. There is a shortcut to this folder under Options > Network. See also http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Network

Did the above. Server Free International still does not display. I've tried to upload a screenshot of what I see when I click the icon for "Start/End Network Game." Using a new laptop with Windows 11

Angefügte Bilder:
Screenshot (1).png  
Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.04.2022 11:09
#10 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Gast im Beitrag #9
... screenshot of what I see when I click the icon for "Start/End Network Game

This looks terrible! The new version will solve the visual glitches.

Meanwhile, the clue is to pick the server in the first dropdown control- there is only one entry. If you cannot pick anything here, meaning the dropdown is empty, the configuration is missing. Try to manually enter the following in the file Scrabble3D.conf [1]:

<CONFIG> 
<Network>
<Servers Count="1">
<f0 Name="Free International Scrabble3D Server" Address="scrabble3d.ignorelist.com"/>
</Servers>
</Network>

CONFIG and Network should be there, and the server entry needs to be located at the node.

[1] It's located at the user directory- you can open this folder in your file browser with the program, see http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Network

SeánÓM1 ( Gast )
01.01.2023 14:20
#11 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

I am still having this problem - I have tried with various config files added to my AppData\Local\Scrabble3D\ folder - added and erased the coding offered and deinstalled an reinstalled the programme entirely more than once.

The menu to select the network is still empty.

Is a fix coming?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

02.01.2023 10:03
#12 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

The new version 4.0 is online. Download for Windows at https://github.com/Scrabble3D/Binaries/b...e3D_Windows.exe, other OS are available too.

Download: Version 4 | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Mastodon | Fanship: Facebook

Flora Offline

29.11.2023 19:52
#13 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

I have been unable to enter to the network for about a week. It says "too many accounts". What happened?!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

30.11.2023 08:42
#14 RE: Server Free International does not displays Zitat · Antworten

Commented on the other thread

Download: Version 4 | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Mastodon | Fanship: Facebook

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz