Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 11 Antworten
und wurde 1.259 mal aufgerufen
 Questions about server and network games
Scotty Offline

Administrator

20.11.2009 18:06
How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Since I haven't wrote a help yet it wouldn't be easy to discover the usage of the game server.
First, you should connect to the game server by clicking on the icon or using the menu File->network. Choose "game server", and specify a login name and a password. Empty passwords are not allowed. If you contact the game server the first time you are asked to register with these settings. Name and password is stored on the game server and used to identify a player. If your registration was successful a new dialogue opens at the information panel. In this dialogue all connected players are listed by name, rating and language (which can be change in the game options->options->menu language). You can type a comment into the last column, e.g. to specify which kind of game you want to play. Double click the cell with your name at the "comment" column and enter the text.
Games are played in groups. To join a group right click the player and choose at the pull down menu "join". Other players can be invited in this way as well. All players of a group are asked to accept a join request and can decline it. Connected players are indicated in the first column of the dialogue.
Which kind of game will be played is specified by the player that starts a new game. That means all settings of this player are transmitted and used.
The game server supports chat. Messages are typed in the edit field at the message tab (shown only in network mode) and are sent to the group by default. If you want to address all connected players use "/all " or to send the message to a particular player "/ ".

grangrau Offline

21.11.2009 14:49
#2 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
If your registration was successful a new dialogue opens at the information panel. In this dialogue all connected players are listed by name, rating and language (which can be change in the game options->options->menu language). You can type a comment into the last column, e.g. to specify which kind of game you want to play. Double click the cell with your name at the "comment" column and enter the text.

Ich hab das heut zum ersten Mal versucht, ich seh da aber keinen "new dialogue in the information panel.
Woran seh ich, dass meine Registrierung erfolgreich war?

grangrau

Scotty Offline

Administrator

21.11.2009 17:44
#3 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von grangrau
What does "new dialogue in the information panel" means?

Angefügte Bilder:
Unbenannt.jpg  
grangrau Offline

24.11.2009 13:01
#4 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

... looks real good, but:
I only get the message "successfully connected" and no display window.
Was mache ich falsch?

grangrau

Scotty Offline

Administrator

24.11.2009 13:54
#5 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Successfully connected means that some information has been transmitted. Beside any message the network button would not remain down if an error occur. So you should look for the new tab. With standard dimension the panel is not big enough to show all tabs and, depending on OS, an arrow should be visible right-hand. That is standard behaviour (which could be changed in the source code to multi-row-tabs if necessary). On the other hand, I force the program to switch to the new tab. If there isn't any mentioned view we should test it for a bug. Since this thread is deliberately in english I suggest to open a new thread or to use PM.
The primary intention to write this thread was the user behaviour. I log on the game server which kind messages are transferred. And most connections are not followed by a registration. So I assume the ergonomics isn't as good as I think. For all who care about logging:

23-11-09 19:28:00 : Scotty->Scotty: nwConnect
23-11-09 19:28:02 : Scotty->Scotty: nwRegister
23-11-09 19:28:02 : Scotty->Scotty: nwConnect
23-11-09 19:28:02 : Scotty connected
23-11-09 19:28:02 : Scotty->Scotty: nwRefresh
23-11-09 19:33:40 : Scotty->group: nwSyncNewGame
23-11-09 19:33:40 : Scotty->group: nwNewGame
23-11-09 20:43:58 : Scotty->group: nwAnswer
23-11-09 20:45:16 : Scotty disconnected (1)

BTW: Neither the connection nor the storage on the game server and within your local ini file is safe. Don't use any security relevant password or information.

wombatch Offline

31.01.2016 17:11
#6 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Hello, I feel I must be missing something really simple but I am trying to get the game to run with the gameserver, but I really cant see how to get it to work.
When I try to connect from the gui i get the following messages in the log
17:03:51 network closed
17:03:50 Network error: Connection refused
I assume that I am therefore required to register in advance on the gameserver but I cant find any description of how to do this, can somebody here offer any help?
Thanks very much.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

31.01.2016 23:53
#7 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

No, you do not need to register. Learn more at the wiki http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...rk:Registration (and perhaps as well you may want to have a look at the whole category).
The reason why the connection didn't work was simply that the server was crashed (stability has room for improvement). I restarted the server and it should be okay now. BTW @everybody: When this happens please report here Server status for a quick help.

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Kispe Offline

02.02.2016 14:45
#8 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Hy. Why worsen the rankings, while I will win the game? Now I won and got further back in the standings. And keep it there.http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/160202/Snap_...ltoltes.hu_.pnghttp://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/160202/Snap_...ltoltes.hu_.png

Scotty Offline

Administrator

04.02.2016 00:31
#9 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Kispe won the game against Attila and increased his or her rating by 11 points. What exactly do you think is wrong there?
Wiki page about the rating is here http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind.../Network:Rating

Download: Sourceforge | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook | IRC: Freenode #scrabble3d

Laszlo Aczel ( Gast )
20.03.2020 11:24
#10 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Hi, I really would like to play with my family remotely and cannot log onto the server. When I click on file/network and I go to gameserver then there is no option to register but just to enter the name/email and password details. If I enter them then there is a message saying cannot connect, or disconnected or something. How can I register and then logon? How can others log on to my game? Thank you!

09leitnj ( Gast )
20.03.2020 14:09
#11 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

Well, actually it should work like this.

Make sure that you have an Internet Connection!

You only need to enter Alias and password. You can choose these items on your own. Than click OK. Now you shall be logged in and you can see on the right side of the page the other players being logged in. Of course, if you once logged in with an Alias an a specific Password, you cannot do it later with the same Alias an another password.

My Scrabble 3D works properly in that case.

Johannes Leitner

Scotty Offline

Administrator

22.03.2020 10:08
#12 RE: How to play on game server? Zitat · Antworten

As 09leitnj commented and more help at http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz