Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 23 Antworten
und wurde 1.614 mal aufgerufen
 Scottish Gaelic - Gàidhlig
Seiten 1 | 2
akerbeltzalba Offline

30.08.2011 01:19
#16 RE: po vs. lang Zitat · Antworten

Well, it really makes little difference to a translator, the po file requires you to install poedit or virtaal and to open the file. That's hardly demading and it hides all the code stuff.

Giving a .lang to a not-so-skilled translator I would actually deems as more dangerous because they might accidentally delete the IDs. But *anyway*, you've opted for .lang files and that's fine, I really don't want to re-open old issues like that!

Besides, po vs lang is probably not going to solve the syntax question.

Plurals... if you really want to know - English and German have simple plurals, just 0,1 = form 1, anything else, form 2. But many languages are way more complicated that that. Try https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Localization_and_Plurals

Sorry Scotty, she asked ;)

Bussinchen Offline

30.08.2011 01:35
#17 RE: po vs. lang Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von akerbeltzalba
But *anyway*, you've opted for .lang files and that's fine, I really don't want to re-open old issues like that!

Ja ja, that's ok.

Zitat von akerbeltzalba
Plurals... if you really want to know [...]
Sorry Scotty, she asked ;)

Sorry, of course I want to know what you are talking about...
I'm not that stupid...

OK, I'll read on the web site you mentioned... Thx

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

30.08.2011 01:46
#18 RE: plurals Zitat · Antworten

I imagine that "plurals" have something to do with this problem:

1 Wörter gefunden

So there is a programming solution for that problem?

Now I understand what you mean when you talk about 4 plurals.
In Russian language, for example, the genitive singular is used after the numbers 2, 3, 4 instead of plural.

Is that what you mean?

...fachsimpeln...

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

akerbeltzalba Offline

30.08.2011 02:35
#19 RE: plurals Zitat · Antworten

Yes, correct. There are different ways of handling this (Kevin knows way more about this than I do) but from a translators point of view, it usually involves translating the string as many times as there are "forms".

In Opera (the browser), the 4 Gaelic plurals look like this:

Archived [*4b,_1,chòmhradh,chòmhradh,còmhraidhean,còmhradh]

In Mozilla it looks like this:

addonsInstalled=#1 tuilleadan;#2 thuilleadan;#2 tuilleadain;#2 tuilleadan

Joomla requires you to add new lines of code:

JLIB_INSTALLER_0="airson %d cleachdaiche"
JLIB_INSTALLER_1="airson %d chleachdaiche"
JLIB_INSTALLER_2="airson %d chleachdaiche"
JLIB_INSTALLER_FEW="airson %d cleachdaichean"

I guess it depends on the programmers or programming languages but for the end user, it means that depending on the number (1, 2, 3...) the right word form is shown.

Bussinchen Offline

30.08.2011 06:15
#20 RE: plurals Zitat · Antworten

Yes, that's what I have understood. Even if I don't understand source code. Thx!

In fact it would be nice to get such things like "1 words found" eliminated from Scrabble3D.

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

30.08.2011 07:03
#21 RE: plurals --> zero Zitat · Antworten

And what about "zero"?

In German you can say:

• kein Buchstabe (Singular)
• keine Buchstaben (Plural)

• null Buchstaben / 0 Buchstaben (Plural)

But how about "zero handling" in other languages?

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

30.08.2011 10:50
#22 RE: plurals --> zero Zitat · Antworten

I'm always open to usability issues: Plurals acknowledged.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Bussinchen Offline

30.08.2011 11:10
#23 RE: plurals --> zero Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Scotty
I'm always open to usability issues: Plurals acknowledged.

Thank you, Scotty! -->

cf. Fehlermeldungen & Wünsche in the German forum Deutsch --> Numerusproblem in der L10n (salopp gesagt: die Pluralformen) (in German)

I OpenSource!

akerbeltzalba Offline

30.08.2011 11:25
#24 RE: plurals --> zero Zitat · Antworten

I've not come across differences in zero handling, or, let me put it this way, I think as long as you can produce at least one form which is acceptable, I don't think l10n is overly concerned with variation. Whether you pick "kein" or "keine" doesn't make your phrase wrong, so it's just up to the translator to pick the appropriate one. As long as you're consistent, that should be fine.

I don't know if it helps Scotty but many projects draw plural date from the xml database held at the CLDR project by the Unicode Foundation (http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tru...tal/plurals.xml). The minor snag is that Gaelic is still not in it but it's in line for inclusion in the next update, whenever that happens.

Seiten 1 | 2
«« Sources
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz