Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 22 Antworten
und wurde 1.240 mal aufgerufen
 Romanian
Seiten 1 | 2
Bussinchen Offline

31.07.2012 14:43
#16 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von playez im Beitrag #15
"b" , with 10 points penalty is the current rule, and this is the only rule applied in romanian language as i know since i play Scrabble

Mulţumesc! Great! Easy and technically feasible in the implemented features of our Scrabble3D!

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

playez Offline

31.07.2012 14:46
#17 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat
Challenge time

Which challenge time would you prefer in the default settings for Romanian rules in Scrabble3D?

It is possible to choose up to 180 seconds, but IMHO 20 or 30 seconds seem to be a rather good period in which the challenge button will be active.

This is a tricky question. In real play, if the opponent take one letter from bag, his last word cannot be challenged from this point on. The challenge intention must be declared in a few seconds after the move, because the opponent cannot receive new letters until his move is not aproved. After declaring intention, you can take any time you want to think if you chalenge or not, but is your clock time. I will propose a 4-5 seconds time to declare chalenge intention, after that challenge is not possible. If the "chalenge intention" is pressed, time for challenge can be unlimited, but is substracted from the chalenger remaniang thinking time.

Bussinchen Offline

31.07.2012 15:19
#18 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von playez im Beitrag #17
a) I will propose a 4-5 seconds time to declare challenge intention, after that challenge is not possible.

b) If the "challenge intention" is pressed, time for challenge can be unlimited, but is substracted from the challenger's remaining thinking time.

a) I think that only 4-5 seconds is a too short time in Scrabble3D.
b) This feature is not implemented in Scrabble3D.

Keep in mind: Scrabble3D is not a life game, but it is a computer game, a software. It is not possible to imitate everything in a virtual ambiance exactly as it is in reality.

In Scrabble3D the problem is that the players don't draw tiles one by one from the bag themselves, but when the player clicks on the button to confirm his move, in the same moment, at once, without any delay - not even halv a second! - he gets all his new letters at once on his rack. That's why we have to choose a challenge delay for the hand button - a time in which that hand=challenge button is active and can be clicked. After that delay the hand button will be grey again and no challenge will be possible any more.

Another problem is that a player in a real game can observe his mate, when he or she is placing the tiles one by one on the board. In Scrabble3D, however, the player cannot see that. He will only see the whole word at once, after the mate has clicked on the button to confirm his move.

Therefore I'm afraid that 4 or 5 seconds would be a too short time for activation of the challenge button. Players would not have enough time to react. They would always be slow off the mark.

Knowing that up to 180 seconds maximum can be chosen for challenge time in Scrabble3D, I think 20 seconds would be a reasonable time. Not too short, so that people will be able to react, not too long when we remember the real tournament rules.

What do you think about that, dear playez?

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

playez Offline

31.07.2012 16:09
#19 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

20 seconds time is reasonable.

Bussinchen Offline

31.07.2012 16:56
#20 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

OK - mulţumesc!

I OpenSource!

Bussinchen Offline

31.07.2012 21:59
#21 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

Dear playez,

one more question, please.

When player A overruns his time, does this mean that he automatically has lost the game, even though his score had been higher than player B's score? Is that rule used in Romanian tournaments?

See that question even in post #6 in the slovak section of our forum!

I OpenSource!

Gast
01.08.2012 07:53
#22 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

In the moment when time for a player is over (0:00) he lose the game. The winner receive the victory point and a spread (score differece) of minim +50. This means that even the winner score is lower then opponent, even is higher with less than 50 difference, the winner will receive +50.

Bussinchen Offline

01.08.2012 11:49
#23 RE: Assistant: Which default settings do you wish for Romanian games? Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Gast im Beitrag #22
In the moment when time for a player is over (0:00), he loses the game.

Thank you, dear playez (because I know that the "guest" who has posted is you!), that's the most important information for me just now, because Scotty has implemented this feature in his test version 27c, and later on it will be a feature in Patch 28. So I'll put the setting on "true" for "Game lost by time" --> GameLostByTime:true;

What you are saying about the score is less important for us just now, because the palyers' end score is not taken in consideration for the highscore in Scrabble3D. In Scrabble3D when the time of a player is over (0:00:00), the player's score is automatically set to zero, so that this player will definitely lose the game regardless of the score he had before.

I OpenSource!

Seiten 1 | 2
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz