Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten
und wurde 738 mal aufgerufen
 Irish Gaelic - Gaeilge
kscanne Offline

27.09.2011 02:07
Spreading the news about Irish Scrabble3D and about Mac version Zitat · Antworten

I'm excited to test the new version, which will be the first with a complete Irish dictionary+translation, and start letting the Irish language community know about it. Before I do that, will there be a Mac version of patch 24 built along with the Windows/Linux versions I see on sourceforge? The Mac version is still dated 2010.
Thanks
Kevin

Bussinchen Offline

27.09.2011 06:42
#2 RE: Spreading the news! Zitat · Antworten

Please wait a little bit with spreading the news, dear Kevin. Unfortunately last night we have found two major bugs in the Patch24.

One is concerning the German umlauts (and maybe also other special signs, but not the digraphs), the other one the word search:
see Patch 24 vom 2011-09-25 - Umlaute und möglicherweise auch andere Sonderzeichen (in German)
and Patch 24 vom 2011-09-25 - Wortsuche (in German).

See even Release date (Patch 24) (in English).

Because of these bugs, we consider that Patch 24 cannot be used at all for German games.

Scotty has to fix the bug as soon as possible, but he cannot do it today because of other engagements.

But anyway: Update Patch 25 with bugfixes will soon be online.

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Bussinchen Offline

27.09.2011 07:36
#3 Please wait with spreading the news! Zitat · Antworten

I just have made a little test with the Irish letter set and the Irish dictionary, and indeed, the bug reported last night is concerning the Irish special signs like Ó, Á and so on as well, but not the digraphs. That means that it is not possible to play Irish games with Patch 24. Please wait and don't spread the news about the Patch 24 yet. We hope that Patch 25 with bugfixes will come soon!

I OpenSource!
• Scrabble3D Download: Sourceforge.net | • Scrabble3D Help: Wiki | • Scrabble3D News: Twitter | • Scrabble3D Fanship: Facebook
• Scrabble3D in Italia: Sezione Scrabble3D sul Forum della Federazione Italiana Gioco Scrabble

Scotty Offline

Administrator

27.09.2011 21:50
#4 RE: Spreading the news! Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von kscanne
...will there be a Mac version of patch 24 built along with the Windows/Linux versions I see on sourceforge?

Darwin is somewhat different from Windows and Linux. Either one has no support of many graphic features like progressbar (cocoa widget set) or 3D does not work (qt widget set). Latter is IMHO the better choice but it's difficult to create. At least I didn't manage it last time I tried. I will do my best but cannot promise a certain release date.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

akerbeltzalba Offline

29.09.2011 14:57
#5 RE: Spreading the news! Zitat · Antworten

I'm getting similar queries about the Gaelic version for Macs :/

Bussinchen Offline

29.09.2011 15:23
#6 VirtualBox instead of Scrabble3D for Mac? Zitat · Antworten

Maybe Mac users could install VirtualBox with virtual Linux (= free OS) or Windows guest machines on their Mac hosts and use Scrabble3D compiled for Linux or Windows within their VirtualBox.

It is not that difficult to use a virtualized computer in a separate window. Before, I thought it was difficult, but if Bussinchen can do it, other people can do it, too...

I OpenSource!

akerbeltzalba Offline

29.09.2011 16:48
#7 RE: VirtualBox instead of Scrabble3D for Mac? Zitat · Antworten

There are workarounds, sure. It's just when you offer people downloads for Mac/Linux/Windows, they're a bit... err... surprised to be told that actually, one of them doesn't work.

Bussinchen Offline

29.09.2011 17:07
#8 RE: VirtualBox instead of Scrabble3D for Mac? Zitat · Antworten

Yes, but even Scotty cannot do everything at the same time...

But as he wrote before, he will try to do his very best... ;-)

I OpenSource!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

03.10.2011 14:32
#9 RE: VirtualBox instead of Scrabble3D for Mac? Zitat · Antworten

I just updated the test version for MacOS. It's very ugly, e.g. no progressbar, no dragimage, no statusbar is drawn. IMHO these are basic features, but otherwise it works and one can connect to the game server.
I'll try to get Qt interface running. This will solve all drawing problems but 3D will not work, which is a minor problem to the general audience.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

kscanne Offline

04.01.2012 23:09
#10 RE: Scrabble3D for Mac Zitat · Antworten

I tried the latest test version on Mac and it seems to work well - thanks!

The only trouble I'm having is when I try to connect to the server - I'm getting an error "An iomarca cuntas" == "Too many accounts". This even happens when I clear my profile and do a new install. I don't think this means there are too many people logged in since I have friends who are able to connect. Does it mean I've connected with too many different account names (2?) from this IP address? Is there a workaround?

[EDIT] Bussinchen-Adminchen: I have transferred your question into a new thread in order to have only one topic in one thread, so that it will be easier later on to find different topics. Thank you for your understanding!

Look here: Error: "Too many accounts"

Scotty Offline

Administrator

05.01.2012 11:17
#11 RE: Maximum of individual accounts is three Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von kscanne
I'm getting an error "An iomarca cuntas" == "Too many accounts".

The maximum of individual accounts is three. You shouldn't use different login names every time you connect

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz