Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 64 Antworten
und wurde 2.794 mal aufgerufen
 Questions about the program
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Apollonius Offline

11.09.2014 19:56
Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

I think the new design changes to Scrabble3D are in a great direction, but I am still having nothing but trouble working out how to:

- Make or edit a "dsgn" file
- Use a solid board background like my marble/grass boards were

IF YOU TELL ME HOW TO DO THESE THINGS, I WILL WRITE A FAQ IN ENGLISH FOR YOU!!

I mean it. I will submit it to the wiki.

...please?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

12.09.2014 17:52
#2 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Thanks for reminding me. And sorry that it takes so long.

The first page is on how to pack a design: http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...on:CreateDesign
The second page is about how to create your own design with Wings3D: http://scrabble.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...uration:Wings3D

Edit: Both pages are finished, more or less.

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Apollonius Offline

12.09.2014 19:12
#3 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Hooray! I am so excited to get home now...I will make so many *.dsgn files!!!

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 03:37
#4 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

A-ha! So, a dsgn file is simply a zipped folder containing an xml file, and the texture files?

So you simply put these things into a folder, zip it, and then change the file extension from "*.zip" to "*.dsgn"?

If so then that is very easy!

So...here is the big question...is it still possible to have a single, large image for the board?

*crosses fingers*

I'm about to go and experiment...!

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 07:36
#5 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Okay, I have just finished reading.

And no, I spoke too soon. :p I see now how to create the dsgn file. It is more work, but potentially VERY MUCH more power at my fingertips. So I can make my board and skin it??

In 3D??

...And all of the tiles, too?

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.09.2014 09:16
#6 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Yes, you got it how to create the dsgn file (which is actually just a formal procedure). And yes, it's not that easy to create your own board. On the other hand you are free to create every scene you can imagine. Play on the floor of the Parthenon using octagonal pieces made out of Carrara marble, for instance. You would just need to figure out how to model a pillar (the web is full of 3D models), apply the limestone characteristics to the material's properties and/or add a texture. As long as your actual board is placed between the coordinates -10..+10 you can do whatever you want.

To get into the modding you may check as well the dsgn files. Earthgems and Afghan are your designs which substitute the colored premium squares by textures (check the dsgn content how to do so).

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 11:51
#7 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

I got to this part in the walkthrough...

"per context menu 'Continue' > 'Unfolding' the projection area is created and filled by a dummy texture "
...And I got this error message:

Maybe this is because I have all 6 sides selected? I'm having trouble selecting only 5...

Am I correct in thinking that I can wrap the marble background around the board, then remove the current "normal" texture, and set the "normal" color to "black" (as before), and achieve the solid marble board once again?

Zitat von Scotty im Beitrag #6
Yes, you got it how to create the dsgn file (which is actually just a formal procedure). And yes, it's not that easy to create your own board. On the other hand you are free to create every scene you can imagine. Play on the floor of the Parthenon using octagonal pieces made out of Carrara marble, for instance. You would just need to figure out how to model a pillar (the web is full of 3D models), apply the limestone characteristics to the material's properties and/or add a texture. As long as your actual board is placed between the coordinates -10..+10 you can do whatever you want.

To get into the modding you may check as well the dsgn files. Earthgems and Afghan are your designs which substitute the colored premium squares by textures (check the dsgn content how to do so).

Wow...that is an amazing idea! I want to do something like that so bad...maybe I will try! I KNOW I will at least make a few more of the simpler ones, but a board carved into an ancient Greek marble table would be so cool.

And now I have successfully taken the zipped dsgn's apart, changed them, and put them back together again. :) Now I have to figure out how to save my changes in the xml. I can open the file, edit it, and save it again easily in a text editor, but didn't you say I could copy the data from somewhere else?

background.bmp no longer works. :( I added it to a dsgn file, but it's not showing up.

And now my old problem of the INI not saving properly has returned. :( I may have to un-install and re-install the new version and try again.

Wish me luck! I won't give up...

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.09.2014 12:10
#8 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Apollonius im Beitrag #7
Maybe this is because I have all 6 sides selected? I'm having trouble selecting only 5...

Actually this was also my first try in 3D modeling. If you rotate the flattened cube using third mouse button or, in case of a 2-btn mouse, by left button plus alt key (you might need to change the mouse settings first [1]), you can click and unselect the bottom face. Thereafter the unfolding should be possible. I'm sure there are tutorials that explain how to wrap a texture around cubes (which is pretty easy by code).
By the way: If you still have trouble try to load my Wings3D project, linked at the bottom of the help/wiki page. Try to just replace the texture bitmap in the dsgn file.

Am I correct in thinking that I can wrap the marble background around the board, then remove the current "normal" texture, and set the space color to "black" (as before), and achieve the solid marble board once again?

You do not need to remove a texture or set a property to back or white. And there is no background image anymore. The board will be shown in Scrabble3D just as modeled in Wings3D including form, size, goodies, colors, textures, materials etc.

...save my changes in the kmz...INI not saving properly

I don't understand. kmz? ini?
Scrabble3D uses a config file in xml style now, called Scrabble3D.conf. Design related changes are saved to this file (except the 3D model).

[1] http://www.wings3d.com/?page_id=421

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 12:19
#9 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

I'm sorry, I typed the wrong thing. I meant to say "xml". I was changing it when you responded. :p

And here is the error message I keep getting:

"Application has been started
Error: In 'file:///C:/Users/Loren/AppData/Local/Scr...Scrabble3D.conf' (line 176 pos 11): Expected whitespace"

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 12:27
#10 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Never mind, I just deleted the scrabble3d.conf, and started over again from scratch. Now it is saving just fine again.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.09.2014 12:29
#11 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Apollonius im Beitrag #9
Error: In 'file:///C:/Users/Loren/AppData/Local/Scr...Scrabble3D.conf' (line 176 pos 11): Expected whitespace"[/i]

Hm... This problem shouldn't happen anymore (most recent version is 3.1.2). As a 3D hacker you could check the XML file at line #176. It's not that hard to figure out what happens there. For example, I have a section English_20CLABBERS that is converted from "English CLABBERS". The blank, whitespace letter is not accepted in XML and therefore converted into _20.

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 12:39
#12 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

I was going back and forth between 2 different versions, to try and compile a list of things I wanted to ask about. I probably tainted the conf file during that time.

Also, what color will be considered "transparent"?

Or, how do I get a background to show up through it? I know I can make the entire board transparent, but I just want the "normal" spaces to be transparent.

Scotty Offline

Administrator

14.09.2014 20:01
#13 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Apollonius im Beitrag #12
Or, how do I get a background to show up through it? I know I can make the entire board transparent, but I just want the "normal" spaces to be transparent.

Transparency is not necessarily related to a particular color, just use the opacity setting of the material.

Apollonius Offline

14.09.2014 20:01
#14 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Okay, sorry for the confusion.

I see now how to change the texture...not with a background.bmp.

Thank you again! I will try and just change the texture bitmap of an existing dsgn.

Apollonius Offline

15.09.2014 01:00
#15 RE: Design Questions Zitat · Antworten

Okay, well I have unzipped an archive, changed the bitmap, and gotten it to show up on the cube. :)

Now I need to change the rate at which the pattern repeats, because increasing the size of the bitmap doesn't work. Somewhere (probably in the obj or mtl files) is code which tells the renderer to tile a 30x30 area, rather than tile the full image. I have looked, but I can't find any such code. :(

I need to display a much larger image, at actual size.

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz