Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 33 Antworten
und wurde 2.762 mal aufgerufen
 Forum, Facebook, Twitter
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
Raman Offline

02.08.2020 11:11
Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag 1. August 2020: Bekanntmachung zum Scrabble3D-Forum
Since the name Scrabble3D no longer appears in the URL, this forum becomes more anonymous on the Internet, which is of course a pity. I am well aware of this.

When will this happen, i.e. name Scrabble3D will disappear from URL? It will not cause the entire forum to be completely deleted, isn't it?

Zitat
We need your help!

Hello Raman!
We hope that you like our forum and that you feel just as comfortable here as we
do.
In order to offer you and the other members the best possible, we would like to make the forum ad-free and supplement it with great new extras.

If you want to help us with this, you can help fund these changes with the help of a small
donation.
Your donation
helps!

Donation goal: 144€
0%

You made this exclusively for me or does this appear for everyone registered in this forum?
I reply to this as a matter of respect to you.

Sorry, we are not a rich family by German standards and even a few Euros mean too many Indian rupees for us. I was a student until recently and started working only during the past few years.
And I am jobless since the COVID-19 outbreak in India. It is safe for me to go for a job only when it is safe to do so (until then only not highly paid work from home jobs I will be able to do).

Over the past few months I have discussed things about Scrabble3D in this forum that took little of Scotty's time and Bussinchen's time. Over the next few months, I might discuss topics that would also need very little input from you both.
It makes sense for me to donate to people who would require from me to work hard every day (I do not want to mention the other place here what that is). And also it makes sense to give priority to people who need lot of money urgently for surgery and hospitalization because of suffering from health related issues, e.g. cancer, accident, Thalassemia Major (bone marrow transplant), liver transplant, etc., isn't it?

Advertisements are not an issue for me and it does not cause any of my posts or any of other people's posts to be lost while reading, isn't it?
Please continue to get funding through advertisements and from other people who would be rich.

If I would be able to donate, it would be some years after and not right now.
Future savings are important for us right now in case some of type of emergency happens to us in urgent needs of funds during the next few years later on.

Thank you for your own interest.

Raman Offline

02.08.2020 12:17
#2 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Of course, I agree that it would be reasonable for anyone to buy a piece of software to use it. Scrabble3D is free software, and so is playing on server as well.
I could develop my own piece of software to play Scrabble but I do not have a server to play online.

Most company employees think of new ways to improve their business and attract people to make profit by helping them with their needs. But that is not all of life.
Some people including me also think that knowledge is important and so is getting famous through work of knowledge that is being research related and they keep on exploring new mysteries of nature to discover them (for example maths, science, literature in different languages, arts and humanities, they would only be for happiness and labour of love and nothing will be absolutely essential enough to other people unless they are related to medical field or agricultural field, isn't it?). Forgetting about money, not highly paid teaching jobs exist for them.

I also do the same type of thing on a Scrabble board, to find out what new and strange things can go inside of it. For me, it is a research code instead of playing Scrabble commercially and competitively like other people.
It is also good source of entertainment for me during the grave times of COVID-19 pandemic in India when because of curfews and lockdowns it is not possible to go out and enjoy and keep my own mind engaged and relaxing by playing games with Scrabble3D application instead of getting vexed through.

Everyone would be fascinated to see what strange things can go inside Scrabble board. To put things in short, I played Scrabble with perfect squares (people cannot play without the aid of helper tools). Good density to play. Triangular numbers also have same O(n²) density. Recently I tried out Scrabble with Roman numerals also (open to everyone in world). It was also very exciting enough.

I follow trend 15×15 100 tiles, 21×21 200 tiles, 33×33 500 tiles, 45×45 1000 tiles, 63×63 2000 tiles - takes long time to play to continue further.|addpics|ubb-2o-88e0.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2p-f9c1.png-invaddpicsinvv,ubb-2q-9619.png-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

Bussinchen Offline

02.08.2020 14:53
#3 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Dear Raman,

I agree to everything you say, and so I want to say thank you for your posts and your opinions, and for telling us a little bit about your situation in India, both your personal and the general Covid-19 related situation. I know very well those problems, and I never would beg money from someone in India for example in order to finance a forum in Europe, knowing that just in India there are a lot of really really poor people who need help for really important issues concerning their survival. I activated this donation function in the administration area of this forum, because I thought it might be useful, knowing at the same time that here are no active (German or European, i.e. "rich" or "wealthy") members any more who want to post something or who would be willing to contribute some money in order to help financing this forum. Actually you, dear Raman, are the only one who, as a rather new member, is writing posts in this forum. For several private reasons, I have financed the whole amount for this forum privately since 2013, if I remember well, but now for personal and some other reasons and because of a changed situation in my life, I will not continue like this any more, and admin Scotty told me that he wouldn't pay for the forum either, since he already makes run his private Scrablle3D server for free.

Since yesterday we cannot use the Thanks function any more, because it was included in the Premium Tarif which is 12 € per month for forums with less than 250 registrated members. And the last forum invoice I had got on 1st of August 2019 was paid for 1 whole year which meant until the end of July 2020. After that date (= yesterday, 1st August 2020) the Premium tariff features were stopped automatically.

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #1
When will this happen, i.e. name Scrabble3D will disappear from URL? It will not cause the entire forum to be completely deleted, isn't it?

First of all: No, this forum will not disappear. It will continue and no data, even those once uploaded, will disappear. However, this forum will be financed by banner ads, i.e. by commercial advertising, which our forum hoster, Miranus GmbH in Berlin, gets money from, which in the next step, will contribute to finance their big servers in Berlin, Germany, where the data of this forum, and all the other Xobor-forums, are hosted. I hope that nobody will be distracted too much from reading the posts and when answering. The URL https://www.scrabble3d.info/ will change back to former http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ (without https), I think, in some days, when the money for that scrabble3d.info domain is not paid within the next few days.

You made this exclusively for me or does this appear for everyone registered in this forum?
I reply to this as a matter of respect to you.

No, this donation advertisment is shown to everybody in this forum, not only to you or other special members. It cannot be activated only for a special group of members. I can only activate it and unhide it or hide it. But even if I don't believe that members will donate anything, let's give it a little try anyway, at least during a certain period. If the donation advertisement becomes too disturbing, we can deactivate it at any moment.

It makes sense for me to donate to people who would require from me to work hard every day (I do not want to mention the other place here what that is). And also it makes sense to give priority to people who need lot of money urgently for surgery and hospitalization because of suffering from health related issues, e.g. cancer, accident, Thalassemia Major (bone marrow transplant), liver transplant, etc., isn't it?

I agree completely.

Offtopic: I myself have helped an Iranian student a lot, so that he will be able to leave Iran with its cruel Mullah dictatorship and barbarous Scharia laws, and I don't want that lovely and peaceful boy to be transformed into soldier in order to make war for Iran and loose his life in a possible new Middle East war (cf the Irak war against Saddam Hussein where many thousands of young boys were killed and lost their lives). I want him to get out and to have a better start of life outside from Iran, later on maybe in Canada, or in Germany, who knows. I have paid his tuition fee for his Master studies in the United Kingdom, because his family never would have been able to finance his studies in England. In Iran inflation is a hyperinflation. 2017 one Euro was about 4000 Tomans, today, 2020, 1 € costs about 21.000 to 25.000 Tomans in Iran. One laptop in Iran costs as much as an engineer's salary during one year. I have to say that my engagement for that Iranian guy is one of several reasons why I stop paying the Premium tariff for this forum. One other reason is that I became a widow last year. On the whole I am not as rich as you might think. But I think that I have a good heart which is essential. And that's why I now have to assign different priorities in my life.

Sorry, we are not a rich family by German standards and even a few Euros mean too many Indian rupees for us.

I know. It's maybe not exactly like in Iran, but by all means it is comparable.

Future savings are important for us right now in case some of type of emergency happens to us in urgent needs of funds during the next few years later on.

This is exactly the same for me.

Times are more and more difficult now. And the Covid-19 crisis makes everything even more difficult.

Kind regards and best wishes,
Bussinchen

Bussinchen Offline

02.08.2020 15:10
#4 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

The fact that your own name is shown to you must be caused by a script which is programmed by a Xobor forum software developer or technician from Miranus GmbH, the company which also is the hoster of its Xobor forums. It guess that that script has been developped by Ingmar Hamer.
For me for example, my nickname Bussinchen is shown.

Raman Offline

02.08.2020 15:28
#5 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #3
Since yesterday we cannot use the Thanks function any more, because it was included in the Premium Tarif which is 12 € per month for forums with less than 250 registrated members. And the last forum invoice I had got on 1st of August 2019 was paid for 1 whole year which meant until the end of July 2020. After that date (= yesterday, 1st August 2020) the Premium tariff features were stopped automatically.

Navigation bar and Thanks function are unimportant things of the forum for them to be paid to be used.
The important features of the forum are to talk with each other to exchange each other's ideas and to share one's work with everyone else in the world by attaching them as files to their posts in this forum. I hope that at least they will not disappear.

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #3
First of all: No, this forum will not disappear. It will continue and no data, even those once uploaded, will disappear. However, this forum will be financed by banner ads, i.e. by commercial advertising, which our forum hoster, Miranus GmbH in Berlin, gets money from, which in the next step, will contribute to finance their big servers in Berlin, Germany, where the data of this forum, and all the other Xobor-forums, are hosted. I hope that nobody will be distracted too much from reading the posts and when answering. The URL https://www.scrabble3d.info/ will change back to former http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ (without https), I think, in some days, when the money for that scrabble3d.info domain is not paid within the next few days.

Just to clarify: Can at least 2 MB of files be attached to every post of anyone, even if not for 12 MB, as you had said before itself?
That will be more than sufficient enough for the future for me. Even at least 100 KB of files to be attached to every post of mine would be sufficient enough for me in the future. Or even that would not be possible because of 100 MB allowed storage space on this forum been already used up?

But at the same time please make sure that the link to the forum from the Scrabble3D application and sourceforge page would direct to http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ for future discussion and reference by future members of this forum and not direct to https://www.scrabble3d.info/.
I wish that it would have changed about that in social media websites also like Facebook and Twitter where I had shared my work about Tamil Scrabble to interested people there to use this forum for discussion. Let me see if anyone else would be interested in this in the future. But unfortunately that once a post is made on Facebook or that once a tweet is made on Twitter, they cannot be edited after a very long enough period of time, isn't it?

Bussinchen Offline

02.08.2020 17:23
#6 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #5
Just to clarify: Can at least 2 MB of files be attached to every post of anyone, even if not for 12 MB, as you had said before itself?
That will be more than sufficient enough for the future for me. Even at least 100 KB of files to be attached to every post of mine would be sufficient enough for me in the future. Or even that would not be possible because of 100 MB allowed storage space on this forum been already used up?

100 MB storage space have already been used and exceeded by far a long long time ago.

Zitat von Forum Administration - Today 2nd August 2020
Used storage:
100% 404/100 MB
Please note: Further 504MB, that have been uploaded before the storage space became limited, are, as a gest of goodwill, not included when the used storage space is calculated.

You have reached the limit for data upload in forums that are free of charge.
Therefor your members cannot upload more data any more.
Delete already uploaded data or change to the Premium Tariff in order to reactivate the upload function.

In fact, I don't want to delete so many MB other uploaded data. By the way this would be by far too much work and nice elder posts would be completely spoiled, if included data would be deleted.

Bussinchen Offline

02.08.2020 17:27
#7 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

But at the same time please make sure that the link to the forum from the Scrabble3D application and sourceforge page would direct to http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ for future discussion and reference by future members of this forum and not direct to https://www.scrabble3d.info/.
I wish that it would have changed about that in social media websites also like Facebook and Twitter where I had shared my work about Tamil Scrabble to interested people there to use this forum for discussion. Let me see if anyone else would be interested in this in the future. But unfortunately that once a post is made on Facebook or that once a tweet is made on Twitter, they cannot be edited after a very long enough period of time, isn't it?

Concerning the URL, I don't know yet if the beautiful, but obsolete scrabble3d.info URL will be directed automatically to the anonymous URL http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ with our forum number. I am afraid it will not, and I am not able to make sure by myself that automatic redirection will happen. By the way: I am neither a developer nor an IT expert. But I think you can edit all your (own!) facebook posts and change the URL there, even after a long time. But I am not sure, I have never tested it. This means a lot of stupid work, I know. But I don't know how to manage it otherwise.

Bussinchen Offline

03.08.2020 10:47
#8 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Dear Raman,

if you have files for Scrabble3D, like for example an update of your tamil word list "tamil.dic" or your own source code variations, please send them directly to Scotty by normal email.
You can even post code or scripts here in the forum by using [code][/code] in the Icon Bar.
For publishing Screenshots and other pictures please use AddPics.com, as you have done before.

I'm sorry for those inconvenients.

Best wishes for you and have a nice day anyway,
Bussinchen

Raman Offline

03.08.2020 11:05
#9 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

I just understand what it means for me to see a dying forum.

It is not important for the forum to be advertisement free or the domain name to be beautiful https://www.scrabble3d.info/ or the forum to run without Activity Feed. But there should be freedom to attach at least small files with every post to share one's work with all other people in the world.
Would it be at least possible to continue to make new posts even if not for attachments? The maximum allowed storage space could be at least 500 MB. At least for 1€ to 2€ per month, even if not for the full professional tariff fare, more storage space could be allowed. I am not demanding for it, just saying a word about it.

I hope that Bussinchen and Scotty both will continue to read http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ at least for a while. Is it possible to reach you both at https://scrabble-talk.de/ also?
I think that it would be a good idea to register there and attach files there and post a link of it here. Or some other website serves the purpose for it with permanent storage?
I don't think that it would be possible to freely discuss about Scrabble3D application features and forum features there. May be that Scrabble3D application forum link could redirect to https://scrabble-talk.de/ for discussion by future people. Or that it is primarily for German players only?

Scotty: If you think that enough people would be interested in using Scrabble3D application and this forum in the future, I think that you must re-compile Scrabble3D application in sourceforge for forum link to direct to http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ instead of https://www.scrabble3d.info/. Or is that possible by one small change in sourceforge page instead of the need to re-compile the entire Scrabble3D application?
Will that also get updated for people who have already downloaded with Scrabble3D application in their personal computer when that they check for updates either automatically periodically or manually by knowing this matter?
If you ever think about re-compiling the Scrabble3D application for this primary need, I would also like you to make some small and simple changes, like increasing the maximum board size allowed to be 100. I am facing errors while compiling and I will talk more about it in the upcoming days in the Bug Reports and Suggestions forum in my own created Unfixed bugs in Scrabble3D application thread.

X-axis could use conventional Hindu-Arabic numerals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., Y-axis could use Arabic numerals and Z-axis could use Devanagiri numerals for unlimited count.
Or keeping the current co-ordinate system as such, for Latin alphabet along Y-axis and Greek alphabet along Z-axis, you could use following co-ordinate system A, ..., Z, AA, ..., AZ, BA, ..., BZ, .... You could also correct the algorithm for Roman numerals, for the first 15 numerals it returns [I, I, I, IV, V, I, I, I, IX, X, I, I, I, IV, V]. Result:='' should go out of the while loop for a simple fix so that the Result string will not reset every time a new single letter or letter pair is added to that string.
If that work would also be worthy for you, you could consider adding 5 time, 6 time, 7 time, 8 time, 9 time and 10 time letter score, word score and letter score malus if that work would not be too much of effort by you at all.

Bussinchen: Yes, I think of making an update to tamil.dic next month, after quite an amount of work, to make the dictionary file shorter and with shorter meanings because useless parts of the meaning after first semicolon are not read by the Scrabble3D application anyway.
I also think of revising some of the points for the different Tamil letters to reward players with more points for playing more difficult to play and rarely used letters. And also to keep a balance of all of numbers from 1 to 10 in a strictly decreasing manner for points of each of type of Tamil letters. This type of file could directly be e-mailed to you both but that for some other types of files that it might be good if one's work is shared with all other people in the world with permanent storage for interested people to access it in the future. It is not possible to say for now whenever that would happen ever, isn't it?

Yes, you could spent money on merituous things like helping the Iranian boy with his life instead of spending it on a forum with a very few number of active users every day.
Just out of curiosity, what is his specialization in his education? Where did he pursue his education, in Canada or Germany, was it for Bachelor's degree? And was his master's degree in England? Is he in a job right now? If so, what type of job right now? Or is he a professor right now after completing his Ph.D. degree? Where is his job right now? How old is he right now? Is he happy right now or not?
What are the barbarous Scharia laws?

Bussinchen Offline

03.08.2020 11:33
#10 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #9
I just understand what it means for me to see a dying forum.
It is not important for the forum to be advertisement free or the domain name to be beautiful https://www.scrabble3d.info/ or the forum to run without Activity Feed. But there should be freedom to attach at least small files with every post to share one\'s work with all other people in the world.Would it be at least possible to continue to make new posts even if not for attachments? The maximum allowed storage space could be at least 500 MB. At least for 1€ to 2€ per month, even if not for the full professional tariff fare, more storage space could be allowed. I am not demanding for it, just saying a word about it.

Wait please and see my post in German on
https://www.hpm-support.de/t544870f11769...html#msg7327297

Raman Offline

03.08.2020 13:59
#11 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Buying more storage space for me one person is not absolutely necessary, but only if more and more users require with it. That too .zip files that is general format packing any type of file into one single file can only be attached with premium tariff? SSG files cannot be attached even with premium tariff? It is only to share my board layout, tile distribution and points for letters with other people, though this is not the only type of file that anyone needs to share with other people in this forum. Base tariff with 6€ per month is also part of premium tariff only?
I can always attach my files about Scrabble3D application at some other place (may be in a blog or may be at https://www.hpm-support.de/?) and make a link of it to my posts here.

If 250 or more members are registered in this forum, professional tariff fare will go upto 17€ per month? How many users are actively registered in this forum right now? Information at the top of the page says that it is 230.
Seriously is that all the number since when this forum first started in 2005 (Scotty's registration year)? In the recent years, were there rise or fall in number of users registering, even if not for users posting?

I see that your forum ID is 252490 (registered on Wednesday 12 September 2007). My forum ID is 253025 (registered on Friday 1 May 2020). I see a gap of at least 535 users in more than 12 years.
Or 230 is the number of active users in this forum. Or inbetween quite a number of user accounts who were spammers were manually deleted by making use of the forum administrators?

No need to re-compile Scrabble3D application once again and upload it on sourceforge.
I just checked that link to forum from Scrabble3D application only links to http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ and not to https://www.scrabble3d.info/ for anticipation that this will happen in the future enough or as it was so previously enough.

Bussinchen Offline

03.08.2020 14:51
#12 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #11
Buying more storage space for me one person is not absolutely necessary, but only if more and more users require with it. That too .zip files that is general format packing any type of file into one single file can only be attached with premium tariff? SSG files cannot be attached even with premium tariff? It is only to share my board layout, tile distribution and points for letters with other people, though this is not the only type of file that anyone needs to share with other people in this forum. Base tariff with 6€ per month is also part of premium tariff only?
I can always attach my files about Scrabble3D application at some other place (may be in a blog or may be at https://www.hpm-support.de/?) and make a link of it to my posts here.

You, dear Raman, are the only one who, since many years ago, has posted something and attached files. And you are a rather new member.

Yes, I think that zip-files can be attached only in forums with Premium-Tariff. In forums with Basis-Tariff I don't know.

ssg-files which are Scotty's own invention for Scrabble3D-Saved-Games-files can never be uploaded in Xobor-forums, not even with the Premium-Tariff. But as a workaround you can change the .ssg extension to .txt, and tell that to the users, so that they don't forget to change .txt back to .ssg after having downloaded the file and before loading it in Scrabble3D.

Basis-Tariff (= base tariff) is another tariff and the features are not as many as in Premium-Tariff.

It is possible to upload files in a separate blog and to put only the link here in your posts, that's right. But in the Support-forum at https://www.hpm-support.de such files would be offtopic, and the Admin there would delete such posts immediately, because that forum is only for people/admins how are runnning Xobor-forums and need to ask something or get some bugs fixed and get support if they have difficulties with their forums.

Bussinchen Offline

03.08.2020 15:09
#13 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

If 250 or more members are registered in this forum, professional tariff fare will go upto 17€ per month?

Unfortunately yes.

How many users are actively registered in this forum right now? Information at the top of the page says that it is 230.
Seriously is that all the number since when this forum first started in 2005 (Scotty's registration year)?

Yes, that's right.

I see that your forum ID is 252490 (registered on Wednesday 12 September 2007). My forum ID is 253025 (registered on Friday 1 May 2020). I see a gap of at least 535 users in more than 12 years.
Or 230 is the number of active users in this forum. Or inbetween quite a number of user accounts who were spammers were manually deleted by making use of the forum administrators?

Yes, that's right. I deleted not only spammers (they are rare because of our security precautions), but also people who register as members and then never have logged in again. They are quite a lot of people who do so, especially in the present boring Covid-19-time. By doing so, they don't even realise that they create the risk that the tariff for this forum would become much more expensive. But we have also a lot of members who only register their membership because they want to tell Scotty that the Scrabble3D server is down, for example here in German on Server down? or in English on Server status, which they could do also as a guest without registration as a member. But when people have written something in this forum, even if it is only one single post, i don't delete those members.

No need to re-compile Scrabble3D application once again and upload it on sourceforge.
I just checked that link to forum from Scrabble3D application only links to http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ and not to https://www.scrabble3d.info/ for anticipation that this will happen in the future enough or as it was so previously enough.

Before I bought the Premium-Tariff in 2013, the URL of this forum was http://17085.homepagemodules.de/. After I had bought the Premium-Tariff, we had the right to choose a more beautiful URL, and that was https://www.scrabble3d.info/. But http://17085.homepagemodules.de/ is or was redirected automatically to https://www.scrabble3d.info/. But I am not sure if https://www.scrabble3d.info/ would now be redirected automatically back to http://17085.homepagemodules.de/. I don't think so, because I assume that the domain https://www.scrabble3d.info/ will be deleted when no tariff is paid any more.
In this world, it's all about money all the time and everywhere.

Raman Offline

03.08.2020 15:56
#14 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #13
Yes, that's right. I deleted not only spammers (they are rare because of our security precautions), but also people who register as members and then never have logged in again. They are quite a lot of people who do so, especially in the present boring Covid-19-time. By doing so, they don't even realise that they create the risk that the tariff for this forum would become much more expensive. But we have also a lot of members who only register their membership because they want to tell Scotty that the Scrabble3D server is down, for example here in German on Server down? or in English on Server status, which they could do also as a guest without registration as a member. But when people have written something in this forum, even if it is only one single post, i don't delete those members.

After how long will you delete those members? I don't think that you will do so within a short period after their registration, isn't it?
Now there is no more risk for Professional Tariff fare being increased even if there are more than 250 users registered in this forum, even if I invite interested people from other social media and other clubs to discuss about Tamil Scrabble in this forum, if they are interested to do so with. They can make use of this forum without file attachments but they can upload any images by making use of addpics.com, isn't it?

Zitat von Bussinchen im Beitrag #13
In this world, it's all about money all the time and everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWlPV6at38
Bhutan is a country with emphasis on happiness and they measure their development by Gross National Happiness instead of Gross Domestic Product. Where did the western world go wrong?
If I understand correctly, money is to reward people for their hard work, whether for doctors or farmers or software engineers, and only if something of use to other people is worked upon or developed, they will buy it and this will make both the buyer and seller happy.

What about not commercially useful enough knowledge? Is money the only thing in life? There are a lot of beautiful things in maths, science and literature in different languages that can be admired only by studying and teaching and not worked out and sold. And we can also research and work of our own and publish our research results in different journals or present in different conferences.
Teaching job is not highly paid because most people want to be rich and for some of types of other people who even don't want to be, other people demand them with more money by working out and by helping other people with their needs and force them to and so most rich people invest only on companies to improve their business and to make them even furthermore richer enough and not on research institutes enough. Writing books is just a matter of luck, like making a movie, whether it will be a matter of hit or flap. Where do you think that not commercially useful enough knowledge stands in this world and getting famous by discovering new things and exploring unknown mysteries of nature instead of making more money in this world?

Bussinchen Offline

03.08.2020 16:13
#15 RE: Discussions about forum donations Zitat · Antworten

Zitat von Raman im Beitrag #14
After how long will you delete those members? I don't think that you will do so within a short period after their registration, isn't it?
Now there is no more risk for Professional Tariff fare being increased even if there are more than 250 users registered in this forum, even if I invite interested people from other social media and other clubs to discuss about Tamil Scrabble in this forum, if they are interested to do so with. They can make use of this forum without file attachments but they can upload any images by making use of addpics.com, isn't it?

No, I always waited at least one month or much more, as long as there was no risk to exceed 249 registered members.

And yes, without paying any tariff, the number of the members can be several millions - that wouldn't change anything, because commercial advertisements (publicity banners) will finance the servers where the free of charge Xobor-forums are hosted.

Of course, if I see new members just from India, I will suppose that they have been invited by you and then I would not delete them.
But until now you are our first member and the only member coming just from India.

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz