Zitat von jmontane1. Wrong? why? It looks fine and ENLLANET is in word list, so all is fine here.
2. I'm working in Catalan translation of menus. I've finished about 90% of work.
ad 1: Not talking Catalan, the position of two L after N seems to be wrong for me, because in other Latin languages I know, this combination of letters would be very unusual or impossible. The pronunciation of LL in this word, is it like in Castellano LL = [λ]? Maybe if it were Castellano, LL would be a Spanish Scrabble digraph... Do you understand what I mean? Why don't you have one digraph for LL and one for L·L?
ad 2:Huuuuu! Already?! Phantastic! But I would have appreciated to talk to you before you started translating the menus! It's my fault, not yours at all, you'll understand better when we have talked to each other... Do you translate the english.lang or the spanish.lang? Which one is your source text? The problem is that I am also working on all the *.lang files we have, the file english.lang included, and this will result in changings (improvements) of the text later on. But for several reasons I have not been able to finish that work yet, which I regret so much now... That's because I have so many things to do at the same time...
Zitat Do you understand what I mean? Why don't you have one digraph for LL and one for L·L?
Yes, I understand. And yes, LL sounds in Catalan like Spanish [λ]. I don't know why we don't have LL tile. I suspect it's because there other special tile (Ç,NY and L·L), associated to common spelling errors and Catalan singularities (Y char is used only following and N). In Spanish LL and Y can sound very similar, but in Catalan LL, J, G and I chars can sound similar, based on surrounding letters, but it isn't a common spelling mistake.
Zitat Do you translate the english.lang or the spanish.lang? Which one is your source text?
. I've used english.lang. But don't worry. I have experience translating ini files. So, if you don't change ini keys I can resynch with my english.lang. Anyway, I will wait tomorrow to Skype calling, :)
jmontane has sent to me the first version of his catala.dic for test purposes.
Here I can show you already my first screenshot of a Catalan test game. For me it seems to be good. The digraphs L·L, NY i QU and the Ç are shown correctly, which is fine! Have a look on it, dear Joan, and give us your comment! In your opinion, does it look fine, too?
But, dear Scotty, we have a code problem! Joan had saved his dic file coded in UTF-8 without BOM.
All special signs are shown correctly now in my editor Notepad++ (they were not shown correctly before, when the dic had been saved in ANSI): [Header] Version=200003 Author=Joan Montané StandardCategory=DISC Licence=CC-BY, v3 Comment=Els dígrafs L·L, NY i QU han estat substituïts per 1, 2 i 3 respectivament. Format=UTF-8 [Replace] 1=L·L 2=NY 3=QU [Categories] [Words]
But in the program Joan's name is not shown correctly anyway:
In a new test game played with the new test version of our future catala.dic, which jmontane has sent to me today for test purposes, everything seems to be fine, as far as I can see.
Only in the letter choice for jokers, Ç is not shown correctly, but this is a problem that Scotty has to fix, not jmontane. I have already reported that bug (see Sonderzeichen in der Info zum Wörterbuch in German).